Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY).

Interview

The company had come for campus placement. Had a very good experience in interview. Written test has three parts, apptitude, basic programming and technical. In technical we were given three options to choose electronics/communication/computer science. Apptitude and programming are easy, technical is little tough. Then next 2 technical and 1 HR interview was there. They test ur knowledge and basic skills in the current pursuing domain. They are all mainly based on resume and initial question where they ask which is ur topic of interest and domain.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Comprehensive interview testing basic hardware and SV questions. I was even asked about my research projects as well as other projects on my resume. Had two successive interviews. Was asked several questions, should have been better prepared.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview with a senior engineer, and then quickly followed an onsite with ~6 interviewers in one day. As my friend referred me, one day later, I got news from him that they will give me an offer. But the official offer took around 3 weeks to process.

Interview Questions

• questions from fundamental RC circuits to CMOS. what is setup hold?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interning in the summer. Had 6 interviews on my last day. They try to hit all areas of ASIC design flow. Data structures and basic algorithms nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• 1. Draw a FSM for a particular recognizing a particular sequence.
      2. Computer Architecture - Caches, Coherency protocols (moesi mosi etc). Pipelining pro and cons.
      3. Basic C questions - memcpy,linked list etc.
      4. Timing violations and how to fix them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule five technical interviews. I provided HR with my available time slot for phone interviews. HR arranged schedules of the five interviews.It took two weeks for phone interviews. Five technical interviews were made and the questions they asked were not that difficult, but very specific and detailed.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The Interview was well set and precise to the point.
    The Interview was for 2hr. Covering the topics of Logic Design, Verification Concepts, Hardware designing questions, C and C++.
    FPGA Concepts, Functional Testing.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted so many applications of Qualcomm online. However I never get any reply. This opportunity is from my teacher's friends referral. I get a phone interview from Qualcomm. The team is about WLAN.

At last he suggested me to prepare not only my resume but also what the position required.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview

on-campus interview, two rounds, back-to-back. One staff and one senior staff came to our school and asked us mainly on the projects we did. And some relatively simple questions. One week later the HR phoned me and extend me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Questions

• Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

First a telephonic interview for one hour, the after 3 weeks a on site interview. They arranged flight and hotel stay, interview with 6 people very friendly. Then two more interview on phone after on-site. The hiring process is long and took more than 12 weeks. Finally got a good compensation package.