Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2017.

Interview

Applied during career fair at school. Heard back about one week later and had a phone interview with one employee for about 45 minutes. After one minute of introduction the interview went directly into technical questions. All the questions were very basic but did not really relate to the job descriptions of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Asked a series of technical questions starting with things like "what are the functions of capacitors and inductors in a circuit", and then to power delivery networks and filter design.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group presentation in the morning with an Q/A session, followed by 5-6 1:1 interviews. A variety of questions from very different areas such as information theory, digital design, analog circuit design are asked.

Interview Questions

• => What does this mean in Verilog?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY).

Interview

The company had come for campus placement. Had a very good experience in interview. Written test has three parts, apptitude, basic programming and technical. In technical we were given three options to choose electronics/communication/computer science. Apptitude and programming are easy, technical is little tough. Then next 2 technical and 1 HR interview was there. They test ur knowledge and basic skills in the current pursuing domain. They are all mainly based on resume and initial question where they ask which is ur topic of interest and domain.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The interview includes two rounds on campus. Qualcomm is a very thoughtful company, that provides small souvenirs after this interview process. I was lucky to be interviewed by one staff engineer and one manager. in two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Concepts related to D-to-Q delay, timing constraints of digital circuit design.   Answer Question
    • Concepts related with discrete Fourier transform, pipelined processor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Campus-Interview. I attended the Qualcomm info session on campus and get the interview opportunity with Qualcomm 2 weeks later. Two sperate interviews, one asks for general design questions and the other one for technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between direct-mapped cache and set-associative cache?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was for the entry level digital design profile and it was overall a good experience. The questions were of a fairly high level and technical, so a good revision of the courses I had taken back in college was essential to crack it. Consisted of multiple rounds and tested knowledge in all areas of vlsi and digital design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One phone interview firstly, then onsite interview with 7 persons. The questions include using MUX to design logic gates, verification problems, coding with Verilog and C and DSP.
    Sometimes I don't need to write the complete code, just describe my idea. As a big company, they requires more and some of the questions are difficult. But as a PhD, I don't think it is a good way to ask me so many general ASIC design questions. I can perform better in more specific professional questions in my research area.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I had done my internship there and was called for an interview internally. I gave 3 interviews. I was surprised to get some same questions in different interviews, maybe because the different people interviewing do not know each other/check with each other. The process was smooth over all and I joined in January 2010.

Interview Questions

• I was given a diagram on the white board and asked to "debug". And it was repeated from another interview of a different company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY).

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview
    I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      8. IPv4 IPv6 differences
      9. What are two parts of IPv6 addresses
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for phone interview after 2+ months. Had two interviews back to back, the first asked about my experience and related project, technical questions about leakage current and SRAM design, the second asked about detailed technical questions w.r.t circuit design.

Interview Questions

• How temperature influences leakage current?   1 Answer