Qualcomm Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Interview Questions in India

Updated Apr 15, 2017

3.1

Senior Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2017.

Interview

As many rounds as the group head wants, 6 or 7. 1st round is telephonic, then 7 face to face interviews.Many questions repeat,this can be avoided by joint interviews or each panel can ask only on one topic. Decision is usually quick, and the offer was made within 2 weeks.Not much of a hassle like in other companies.

Interview Questions

• UVM, verification planning, coding. not very tough. Must have thorough command over past projects. Puzzles.   Answer Question

Camera Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through a online professional network. Interview in Hyderabad. Two telephonic rounds, Four technical rounds and one HR round. First one telephonic round, then was called to Hyderabad, there it was four 1:1 technical rounds with each around 60 mins to 90 mins long. Final HR round was regarding my current profile, package and interest. Later there was one more telephonic round which was more of explaining about the profile being offered.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions were on C language (Pointers, Arrays)   Answer Question
    • Questions on Image processing fundamentals like Linear Filters etc.,   Answer Question
    • Questions on Linked lists, RTOS, multi-threaded programming, mutex and semaphores   Answer Question

GPU Modeling Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position in November 2016. Got an email from the staffing specialist that someone will call me for an interview. In an hour, I received another email from the same staffing specialist a decline message about the telephonic interview I had for the position, which I never had.

The staffing needs to be trained properly and needs to be watchful of their email content. Sending copy-pasted emails without being aware of the content is unprofessional and unacceptable.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I got the interview mail through LinkedIn. After reaching at The Leela Palace, Bangalore,
    the hiring manager started the interview in very casual mode. He took my interview while roaming around throughout the lawn of the hotel and keep asking interview questions mostly from my previous project of Intel. In Second round, I was asked some programming concept. on second day, again the hiring manager asked me more questions in depth from the project I was working in Intel and after that he gave me offer before the HR round only. HR round was as usual but after 1 month later I got the offer finally from Qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• - Mobile boot up procedure
      - Thermal drivers in Kernel space
      - Power Cycle of Android based Smartphone
      - String operations from a file (How to find set/ reset bits etc.)
      - a program related to reverse Linked List
      Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Had a brief telephonic call with the hiring manager initially post which i was called to attend a face to face interview on their site. I had multiple rounds of interviews with people at different levels of the organization and across functions. each round was for about 45-60 mins long and had emphasis mostly on my past experience, my personality (to understand how i fit into the team that I will be joining) and on the expectations from me in the role that i was expected to perform.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience first and then was given situations in a practical environment and asked how I would handle them in the role I was expected to perform.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

we were interviewed during our campus placements and mostly theoretical questions. Kind of 5 people panel and shooting questions on our subjects learned in our student years. Mostly digital communications, C language, some logical puzzles.

Interview Questions

• something about how CDMA works in terms of jamming or military applications   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

An online test was conducted consisting three sections:
    Quant
    Basic C
    Electronics/Software/Communications

I chose to give exam on communications and was shortlisted for interviews.

Three rounds of interviews were conducted. First one was based on CV and he asked some puzzles and some questions on algorithms. The second one was more technical and was asked questions on linked lists and bit operators. As my CV has more projects related to communications he asked me questions on basics of digital communication, wireless communication. The third round was HR and she asked me about my extra-curricular activities and my contribution in the projects I worked on.

The interview was a pleasant experience and Qualcomm was my dream company. The interviewers were very friendly and offered some hints when I was stuck. You need to be prepared to explain each and every term in your CV and also have knowledge on basic C, OS, data structures.

All The Best!

Interview Questions

• Basics of MIMO, OFDM and was asked to design a circuit to control a motor so that a water tank is never full nor empty.
      Another question was to write a code to change 0xEF into 0xFE that is nibble swap which the interviewer gave me a little help.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 interviewer, 7 or 8 panels. Interviewer was friendly and asked what activities did I participate in college and what was the most challenging task of them all. He then asked to write the code to implement a stack and then asked a question about circuit theory. We discussed my intern in detail

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was for software engineer but seeing "ECE" on my resume, he became completely uninterested. He started asking questions regarding communications of which I had no idea.He asked a few very basic coding questions. It was sure he had made up his mind that he was not going to hire.

Communication Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online test- aptitude, coding language basics-c,c++ and domain - communication / electronics/computer science, 20 questions each. out of 100 around 40 were shortlisted
    Technical interview - basics of communication, extensive discussion on course projects.
    HR

Interview Questions

• Basics of communication system, rake receiver, 3g, 4g, questions on projects done   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, campus recruitment.