Qualcomm Interim Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Interim Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.9

Interim Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Talked to a former intern at campus career fair, questions were about projects listed on my resume and why I was interested in Qualcomm. Applied online with a code given to me at the fair. Received an email a day or two after to schedule an on-campus interview. Had the on-campus technical interview, which focused on object-oriented programming concepts, OS concepts, and C programming. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What concurrency issues can occur, and how can you prevent them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Interim Engineering Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR, and scheduled for 2 phone interviews. After the 2nd interview, I was told there would be a third phone interview which was not originally scheduled. One or two days before the third round of phone interview process, I received an email that the team decided to give me an offer. After 2-3 weeks, I received an offer letter from HR.

Interim Engineering Interview

Interview

I sent in my resume. A few weeks later they got back to me telling me they would like to interview me. The interviews tested my knowledge of how C++ worked but, even though they were all coding questions, mostly tested my ability to think. I had a competing offer at the time with a strict time limit and they did a good job of getting back to me before my other offer expired.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel like any question was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Interview

Had one on-campus interview after the career fair. Didn't get an offer. Later I had two phone interviews and got an offer. The interview questions are fair. Not too hard comparing to some other software companies.

Interim Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Very straightforward and fast, 2 Interviews, 1 for QCT and 1 for R&D. If you just interview for QCT then there will be 1 interview. Both were about the same level of difficulty. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions about their experience and demonstrate a lot of interest/knowledge about what Qualcomm actually does.

Interview Questions

• Not anything too difficult, know some object-oriented basics   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews.
    First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions

• How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a couple of phone interviews. The interview questions were related to ASIC design. Asked me to design a communication protocol. Some bit tricks .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

mainly it's on projects mentioned on CV, what kind of project expected at QC, some open questions about research possibilities

Interview Questions

• what kind of project do you want to do at QC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Process was smooth.College recruiters are awesome