Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Half hour phone interview with engineer. Spoke really bad english, was asking detailed CMOS questions and asking me to draw circuits on a piece of paper as we went along. Most of the times, interviewer was looking for a specific answer although there is more than one way to skin a cat. Very full of himself it seemed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, if you are selected for as a contender, there is a phone interview with a staff member. The next and final round interview was with two group panels. The first interview was a panel of recent interns/ newly hired staff. The second interview was a group panel of the department managers. They each asked questions about prior experiences, whether those were school related or extracurricular activities.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Professional and very light interview. They treated me well and were exceptional in making me feel confident of myself. The job standard and quality of interest of other employees in making me comfortable was exceptional.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2014.

Interview

I have two 1-hour technical phone interviews in a row. They asked me practical technical questions, and I answered all the questions. 2 months after the interviews, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is 6-sigma. How to estimate 6-sigma given a limited number of occurrences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Allahabad (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Company - Qualcomm
    Location – Bangalore
    Position- Intern
    Stipend- 20,000 + allowances
    Selection Procedure:
    1. Written
    2. Interviews (Tech + HR)
    CPI Cut off – 7.0
    Branches eligible : ECE/ EE
    The written test was conducted by “hirepro” and was divided into 3 sections:
    *There was individual cut-off for each section .
    * There was negative marking (+1 , -0.25)

PS- be ready for new patterns and unexpected situations !!

Interview Questions

• Section 1: Aptitude – 20 questions(20 minutes) : This was relatively easy. The key was not to lose your cool… Questions were there from probability, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Percentages , Ratio/Proportion, Speed Time and Distance etc. Speed and accuracy were the key. As it was the first section… don’t start the test until all your nerves are settled(I wasted 5 mins in this section trying to settle my nerves).
      Section 2: Computer Section: 20 question (25 minutes): It cannot get tougher. Question from everything you can think off were asked . Concepts of OOPs were tested . Questions were from Pointers , Arrays , Sorting , Searching in C. Questions were also related to trees, hashing, queues , Stack. One question was based on Master Theorem . One question was on finding the complexity of a a recursive function. Questions were also asked from computer organisation (like daisychaining etc). One question was on Stack Organisation . However , as the round is relative, you just have to better than the rest !!
      PS: it was the toughest section . And question here were unexpected . Especially the OOPs part !!
      Section 3: Hardware: 20 questions(30 minutes): It was hard!!(as expected) . Questions were majorly from Digital Electronics(about 10-11)(keep your concepts on counters, sequential logic very strong. 3-4 questions were from microprocessor like. Question like “which register is not present in 8081 but present in 8085 & 8086” and A code was given in assembly language… Analog electronics was extremely difficult (dint even know the part from which the questions were asked )…   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview

I had to go through 2 phone interviews for this position. I got an offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• None, but questions out of resume and non-matching to skill sets were difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with 6 different person on the same day... (45 min each) So get ready for 5-6 hours of interview...

The interview process started with a person from HR. Introduced me the company and the interview program and the details like procedure for hiring. Than the real interview started with 5 engineers one by one.

They questioned my programming skills asked for simple programs in C/C++. Asked every detail on my CV.

They even asked me to explain every project I did during my education life. Be prepared to present your work in the interview.

They also asked questions from areas that you are not familiar and wanted to come up with an idea or solution to the problem. Be open minded and take your time to think...