Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Sep 14, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral for the Early Identification Program. They flew me out to a diversity conference in San Diego, asked me some questions, and had me participate in a hackathon. I received an answer in the same month I interviewed. The process was very laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string in Java?   Answer Question
  • Given an unsorted array of length 100, it is filled with numbers from 0-100 inclusive. Assuming that no numbers repeat, what is the best way to find the missing number?   2 Answers
  • How would you reverse an array in Java?   Answer Question
  • You are given 9 gold coins and a seesaw scale. One of the coins is counterfeit and weighs less than the other coins. What is the least amount of times you can use the scale to find the counterfeit coin?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, if you are selected for as a contender, there is a phone interview with a staff member. The next and final round interview was with two group panels. The first interview was a panel of recent interns/ newly hired staff. The second interview was a group panel of the department managers. They each asked questions about prior experiences, whether those were school related or extracurricular activities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied internship directly via referral without any application. After 2 weeks, I got a 3 phone interviews in a row. They asked me about my previous experience based on my resume. It took 30~45 minutes, respectively.

Interview Questions

• All of them are related with my previous experience, project and research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First, have a self-introduction. For the rest of the time are all about technical questions, including basic C/C++ knowledge and questions regarding LTE specification. Cannot fully understand the questions because of interviewer's accent. The process is about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. explain static, extern, and volatile
      2. can you declare a variable is both static and extern
      3. local variable / dynamic allocated memory (malloc) will be put in stack or heap?
      4. how to compare the content of two structures (with the same type)
      5. what's the difference between structure and class (in c++)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Professional and very light interview. They treated me well and were exceptional in making me feel confident of myself. The job standard and quality of interest of other employees in making me comfortable was exceptional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email early February and then interviewed the following week. The interview was over the phone for about 45 minutes. He was a very nice guy. He wants to see how you think about different problems plus some technical knowledge about the position you have applied for. The questions was deep into LTE. They replied to me in about 6 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews, about 30 minutes each. Most of it was spent answering coding questions and others were spent getting to know the person on the other side of the phone. An in person interview with an Engineering Staff Project Manager. Very pleasant overall.

Interview Questions

• Forgot.. this was two years ago. Some questions were the same as the one's posted on glassdoor though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

just one phone interview
    mainly asked my experience in resume.
    it was easy and get offer after the interview
    it was nice expereince.
    And qualomm intern was nice and i recommend to have the interview with qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question