Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.2

Software Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager in some days about a phone screen for 45 minutes. He scheduled a time and gave me a call. Questions were based on resume and a coding question.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Low Power Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX).

Interview

1 Phone call, followed by onsite interview.
    Interview process is time consuming, questions are fairly simple and basic and associates are not responsive to emails and no refund provided for travel yet.
    Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Questions based on resume, followed by low power design questions:
      1. How can you reduce power on chip?
      2. Dynamic Power, Leakage power?
      3. Types of circuits required to implement low power design-level shifters/isolations cells etc.
      4.Questions on In rush current.

Onsite interview:
      1-1 interviews each 1 hour long from 9:30am -5:00pm
      Initially, questions on the resume.
      1. Basic Computer Architecture questions.
      2. IR Drop reduction on chip using Redhawk
      3. Setup and hold time issues and solutions.
      4. Primetime timing report interpretation
      5. Steps in Design compiler, primetime, ICC, Redhawk
      6. Low power design questions and how to implement low power design.
      7. Ways to reduce dynamic and leakage power.
      8. Basic scripting questions on TCL.
      9. Mosfet operation and diagram of the different types of leakage currents.
      10. Everything on the resume in detail and job description dependent questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions

Financial Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a relaxed interview over the phone. We had exchanged emails prior to the interview to set up a time and it lasted no longer than 25 minutes. Most of the interview was about my coursework and how I work on group projects, as well as what type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to work on a group project, what were the challenges you faced and how did you handle them?

Walk me through your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the company. Got an invitation for phone interview. I was asked to solve programming questions in C/C++. Later, i got invite to attend the onsite interview. Overall i had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Ist round involved C/C++ simple programming questions. Second round on multi threading and assembly program. Other rounds focused on designing related questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview following an employee referral. They only test your knowledge not your skills or thinking process. It was a 45 min interview with only 10 min asking about my research.

Interview Questions

• How negative numbers are stored and how to calculate the 2's compliment   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Interview

After a 3 month process I was via phone verbally extended offer of employment and was told by my hiring manager that HR would be calling me to discuss details within one week. After two weeks without feedback, I contacted hiring manager via email. Manager's email response "HR and I will call you tomorrow to discuss". That was 6+ weeks ago. Over 6 week span, on weekly intervals, called, texted and emailed both hiring manager and designated HR rep. No reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you needed to get something done but organization was moving to slowly.   Answer Question