Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,706 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,706 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Interview

I had a technical telephonic interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. I had applied online on their website and got a call in 2 weeks time to schedule for a telephonic interview.
    I prepared a lot of basic C interview questions and fundamentals of OS. I should have done more preparation regarding some of the projects that I worked on as I was not very confident in the way I explained to him some of the OS fundamentals that was used in some of my relevant projects.

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online, got an email to schedule a 45 min interview. The interview was conducted by an Engineer over the phone. The questions were mainly to test the understanding of the subjects. There were some basic C programming questions. Few questions on Object oriented programming. Some were on OS - TLB, VM implementation and Paging. I was asked to write a program in the language of my choice, syntax was not an issue and there was time to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on Linked List, low-level programming and OS concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2017.

Interview

I got an Email from HR to set up the date. Then an email from the director for the interview. It was a phone interview. Interview lasted for 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Asked about Return loss, VSWR, S matrix, network analyser,.
      How does a sine wave, Impulse, rect, sinc, sinc^2, train of impulse look in the frequency domain.
      whats AWGN, what does gaussian and white stand for?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2017.

Interview

Overall good experience . It took around 4-5 weeks for whole process. Telephonic interview following on-site interview. Interview with manager , two technical interview one hr interview. Technical interviewer were very nice people and expected to the point answer. Asked some basic questions then advance and scenario based questions. Asked to solve one problem on board. Asked for performance improvement questions. It was nice experience and talk to team members.
    I had to decline offer as they offered low salary and offer was non-negotiable. HR was kind of rude and you have to follow up. She would say Take the offer or walk away , she won't listen your arguments and pretend they don't need you they have others waiting.

Interview Questions

• performance improvement questions.
      questions based on your work experience and type of algorithms you developed. some basic questions to make you comfortable.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Well, the whole recruiting was so weird. They came to our school for recruiting on Wednesday and later on Friday they said the position was filled. I understand that company would go to the events they committed to, but this is kind of a waste if time for both of us.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 50 mins. It started with technical questions right away. The interviewer was patient and nice. I was able to answer 80% of the question.

Interview Questions

• slow fading vs fast fading. some random processes questions. OFDM.   Answer Question

Software Developer- Security Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview- Technical questions long for 45 min, asked me about basic resume projects which i have done in the past, Basic concepts of programming & Computer architecture. We have also discussed Security aspects of the Network

Interview Questions

• Program logic to sort an array where only 0s & 1s are the elements, Asked About My Resume Projects, In Computer Architect concept- Asked about How many clock cycle required to execute certain instructions (Load, Store, Execute & etc), Math word problem based on Concept of Distance, Speed & Time   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR staff after about a week. The person got me in touch with a senior staff engineer in the group I was applying to. The person called me and after the brief dull conversation the technical questions began.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. First, someone from HR contacted me via email and arranged a call with hiring manager to go through basic skills that were mentioned in the job description. It was very friendly and short (10 min) phone call.

Then they contacted me again for the couple of phone interviews. It was a technical phone interview. I already knew the name and the title of the interviewer. The interviewer called me on time, and after very short introduction, he directly jumped through my resume and asked me some questions about the projects that I had mentioned in my job experience section. It took 30 min, and then I asked some preliminary questions about the type of algorithms that they are using in this position. After these technical interviews, I have been called to San Diego for onsite interview where I had back to back 7 interviews for 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from my resume. Explain the criterion of choosing particular machine learning algorithm for the problems which I was trying to solve . Questions on deep learning algorithms and natural language processing. Questions were all about the different deep learning algorithm, like Autoencoder, seq2seq model, LSTM, CNN. The interviewer was interesting to know how I implemented the algorithms, what type of data set (numerical or text-based) data that I used, and the evaluation metric I used for my project.   Answer Question