Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,680 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,680 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Well, the whole recruiting was so weird. They came to our school for recruiting on Wednesday and later on Friday they said the position was filled. I understand that company would go to the events they committed to, but this is kind of a waste if time for both of us.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 50 mins. It started with technical questions right away. The interviewer was patient and nice. I was able to answer 80% of the question.

Interview Questions

• slow fading vs fast fading. some random processes questions. OFDM.   Answer Question

Software Developer- Security Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview- Technical questions long for 45 min, asked me about basic resume projects which i have done in the past, Basic concepts of programming & Computer architecture. We have also discussed Security aspects of the Network

Interview Questions

• Program logic to sort an array where only 0s & 1s are the elements, Asked About My Resume Projects, In Computer Architect concept- Asked about How many clock cycle required to execute certain instructions (Load, Store, Execute & etc), Math word problem based on Concept of Distance, Speed & Time   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
      What is the use of extern ?
      Answer Question

Interview

two phone screens, each takes less one hour. on-site interview for a day. you will not get the offer if one person say no. it needs a presentation three years ago. Now people are more busy, no presentation any more.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview about 30 minutes. Technical overview: going through resume, understanding product qualification process, tester experience etc. Received an invite for onsite interview later that week. The in person interview was setup for 2 weeks later. Met with 5 different engineers of all levels (sr. to director).

Interview Questions

• Got asked:

- Continuity testing methodology
      - MBIST pattern (how to setup )
      - scan pattern
      - ESD/LU
      - CMOS cross section
      - process corners
      - how to make a design faster or slower ( smaller gate oxide thickness = faster process)
      - PCM data (how many zones and know some parameters)
      - Vout/Vin curve for CMOS/Idsat curve
      - Review Failure Analysis (when to do which method)

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had one hour phone interview that included some basic questions about process and threads, synchronization primitives. I was asked about Storage classes in C. What does volatile do and what is its practical applications. Some questions related to Scheduling. Overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• Write a C Program to reverse the words in a sentence   1 Answer
    • Write a C program to encode bits in a 32-bit number such that, most significant 16 bits should be reversed but lower 16 bits should be untouched. Then asked to generalize this to any number of bits.   1 Answer

Software Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager in some days about a phone screen for 45 minutes. He scheduled a time and gave me a call. Questions were based on resume and a coding question.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had an in person interview at my college. It took about an hour at most and was with one employee. I heard back about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked two technical questions. Both were coding and done in two different languages, Java and C.   Answer Question

Low Power Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX).

Interview

1 Phone call, followed by onsite interview.
    Interview process is time consuming, questions are fairly simple and basic and associates are not responsive to emails and no refund provided for travel yet.
    Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Questions based on resume, followed by low power design questions:
      1. How can you reduce power on chip?
      2. Dynamic Power, Leakage power?
      3. Types of circuits required to implement low power design-level shifters/isolations cells etc.
      4.Questions on In rush current.

Onsite interview:
      1-1 interviews each 1 hour long from 9:30am -5:00pm
      Initially, questions on the resume.
      1. Basic Computer Architecture questions.
      2. IR Drop reduction on chip using Redhawk
      3. Setup and hold time issues and solutions.
      4. Primetime timing report interpretation
      5. Steps in Design compiler, primetime, ICC, Redhawk
      6. Low power design questions and how to implement low power design.
      7. Ways to reduce dynamic and leakage power.
      8. Basic scripting questions on TCL.
      9. Mosfet operation and diagram of the different types of leakage currents.
      10. Everything on the resume in detail and job description dependent questions.