Qualcomm Audio Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

3.4

Windows Embedded Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Telephonic Interview, along with a screen sharing software required for coding.
    Received a phone call first, started with my introduction, then directly jumped into the interview process.
    Questions were not too easy, not too difficult. This position was considering 0-2 years experience. I didn't get this position, because I'm a college graduate.

Audio DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial communication was through email. Phone interview was an hour long and consisted of questions about the resume. The on-site interview consisted of 6 technical interviews each about 50 minutes to an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked most of the questions from the resume. Also a few questions related to fixed point arithmetic (Q representation) were asked. Also was asked to write a program that involved bitwise operators in C.   Answer Question

Audio DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Submit my resume online, and after one week get a phone interview about one hour. Most of the phone interview are signal processing related basic questions such as how to detect the voice pitch, how to do adaptive noise reduction, filter designs, etc.
    After two weeks, get an invitation for on-site interview in San Diego. I met total 7 people including the recruiter at the first. One hour for each person. The rest of them are engineers including the manager in the group. Basic signal processing questions are asked and I feel I am doing well. One of them asked some coding problems and asked me to write the code on the blackboard. The problems are very basic such as reversing a linked list, and matrix operation, etc. However, I think I am not doing well in the coding questions, which is probably the main reason of the rejection.

Interview Questions

• All are basic signal processing questions, no surprisingly unexpected ones.   Answer Question

Audio Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview arrangement in 2 weeks.
    There're two phone interviews in total.
    The first interviewer browsed my resume and asked about projects I've done in college.
    The second interview focused on technical questions on signal processing.
    In the end, I didn't perform well in the second interview and could not get an interview on site.

Interview Questions

• How to remove 60Hz noise in an recorded audio signal from microphone? I was asked to propose as many as possible and to compare their pros and cons.   1 Answer

Multimedia Audio Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

First telephonic interview followed by onsite interview where almost 4 people interviewd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little scope of negotiation.