Qualcomm DSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

3.2

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

meet with 5 engineers, each 45 mins, half time on past experience, and the other half on technical questions. the questions ranges from fundamental of DSP, random process, parameter estimation

Interview Questions

• what is the output of FFT( FFT (X))   1 Answer

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR email notified that I would get a call at 3-5 business days. Got an email from the hiring manager to set up a 30-minute phone interview. The Interviewer has totally bookish knowledge. The interview is straight to the point, what things you learn in the classes you took. No behavioral questions at all. Asks each and every bit, which you have on your resume.

Interview Questions

• 1.Nyquist Rate
      2.Frequency based questions
      3.SPI
      4.OFDM
      Basic C questions like
      5.Volatile memory
      6.pointers
      7.array to pointer & pointer to array
      8.Program to swap two numbers without using a temp.
      1 Answer

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Newark, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

I first received an email informed me that I was selected for a phone interview whine 3-5 days. Next, I received an email from the interviewer. We scheduled the interview time and day and he called me on that time. Question were all technical. Among them:

1- My current research and job
    2- What is channel coherence time and bandwidth
    3- How to perform maximum likelihood detection of QAM over AWGN and fading channel
    4- Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
    5- Questions on fixed-point implementation

Interview Questions

• Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
      5- Questions on fixed-point implementation
      Answer Question

Audio DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial communication was through email. Phone interview was an hour long and consisted of questions about the resume. The on-site interview consisted of 6 technical interviews each about 50 minutes to an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked most of the questions from the resume. Also a few questions related to fixed point arithmetic (Q representation) were asked. Also was asked to write a program that involved bitwise operators in C.   Answer Question

Audio DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Submit my resume online, and after one week get a phone interview about one hour. Most of the phone interview are signal processing related basic questions such as how to detect the voice pitch, how to do adaptive noise reduction, filter designs, etc.
    After two weeks, get an invitation for on-site interview in San Diego. I met total 7 people including the recruiter at the first. One hour for each person. The rest of them are engineers including the manager in the group. Basic signal processing questions are asked and I feel I am doing well. One of them asked some coding problems and asked me to write the code on the blackboard. The problems are very basic such as reversing a linked list, and matrix operation, etc. However, I think I am not doing well in the coding questions, which is probably the main reason of the rejection.

Interview Questions

• All are basic signal processing questions, no surprisingly unexpected ones.   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

applied online through career site. it was a phone interview for about 45 minutes. Interview went quite well. waiting for response

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview . I was expecting a detailed questionnaire on my projects but the interviewer started out with questions on C and then went on to ask questions related to DSP and Communications theory. The interviewer was good and was very patient in asking each question and listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me were questions on C which i did not prepare at all. There were questions related to embedded systems and questions on Cache memory.   Answer Question

DSP Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

phone screen 45 mins.
    volatile
    difference bt IIR and FIR
    how to implement IIR in C (feedback)
    how to implement non-causal IIR
    how to do division in fixed point(only substraction and plus)
    matched filter
    channel equalization

Interview Questions

• how to do division in fixed point(only substraction and plus)
      specific grammar of how to allocate a value to an address
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter sent email to schedule a phone interview. Asked details of my project and programmed liner convolution with C

Interview Questions

• very detailed questions of my project and it's hard to explain it clearly by phone   Answer Question

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied on their career website. First was the phone interview where they asked about my projects and some basic questions. Called onsite at Santa Clara where i had 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• questions were pretty simple like create a linked list of n nodes, some puzzles   Answer Question