Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,317 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,317 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was highly technical, meeting with several different engineers and managers all of whom had several questions on a broad range of engineering topics including electrical circuit analysis and semiconductor behavior. The interviewers did understand that a lot of that information might be a bit "dusty" so they would push you in the right direction if you got stuck, but most questions weren't too difficult.

PMIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Very well coordinated. Phone interview with an engineer that brushed upon a couple technical questions (basic circuit behavior and regulator questions). Was scheduled an onsite a week after. Onsite consists of meeting with 5 managers for about 45 mins each. Lunch consists of an interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming concepts, solving op amp configurations, buck/boost   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at career fair in my university. I spoke to them at their event and at their tech talk. Got the on campus interview the same day and it went really well.

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website. HR mailed and scheduled a phone interview after one week. Asked for my availability for one hour duration. The interviewer mailed me regarding my availabilty and interview was scheduled 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Randomization in system verilog, UVM basics, caches   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Took me into a room and asked questions about projects on my resume. After this did some technical questions involving string parsing on the whiteboard. The interviewer gave hints to solve the problem. We ended with him letting me ask questions regarding anything about the company and the internship program.

Interview Questions

• Asked about project experience.   2 Answers
    • Asked technical questions regarding string parsing.   1 Answer

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer first asked me about my projects and I described the detail. He then asked some questions about my projects. Later, he asked me questions about machine learning and c++. Then he told me I will be notified if I have more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between classification and regression?   Answer Question
    • What is the data structure of dynamic memory? Heap or stack?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

Had 2 back to back 30minute phone interviews. First one was basic VLSI concepts. Second interview was resume based. The interview process is that the interviewers will share their review with the board and then the board decides

Interview Questions

• The layout of the inverter and the W/L ratio for pmos and nmos.   Answer Question
    • Explain static and dynamic power and how they are different   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.