Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,188 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,188 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview following an employee referral. They only test your knowledge not your skills or thinking process. It was a 45 min interview with only 10 min asking about my research.

Interview Questions

• How negative numbers are stored and how to calculate the 2's compliment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

From 9am - 3pm. 5 technical interviewers each spent 30-45min talking with me. One engineer took me to nearby place for lunch interview. One HR wrap up interview after the technical interviews at another weird looking building.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview/screening with recruiter. If all goes well, followed by onsite interview with hiring team, from associates to manager/directors/VP's, and you also get to meet with recruiter in person. Hearing back will vary, as your interview may take place in beginning of all interviews or at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personality as well as specifically related to role.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 min. Questions were mainly about resume, operating systems and C. There was one C coding question on google docs. In all, pretty straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• Resume projects, RTOS and GPOS, multithreading and synchronization, C coding question on strings.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical phone screen. We went over pointers and simple function design/testing on a shared word document. 2 weeks later I went in for a full day interview at the Boulder campus. There were 13 other candidates there doing the same thing. I had (4) hour long technical interviews with different members of various teams and (1) half-hour long interview with HR. They fed us lunch and did a brief recruiting presentation. 2 weeks later they sent a generic email stating "Although we were very impressed with your background and qualifications, we are unable to offer you a position with Qualcomm at this time."
    Overall it seemed like they were more interested in finding book worms fresh out of school with no practical working experience than someone with actual embedded engineering experience.
    Make sure to study linked lists, linked lists, binary trees, and more linked lists because that is all they seem to care about!

Interview Questions

• white board: find the first non-recurring character in a string. i.e. input "abbcdcaea" would return "d"   Answer Question
    • white board: find the degrees between the minute hand and hour hand when a clock is at 3:15   Answer Question
    • white board: implement a queue/fifo with push/pop functionality using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: create a custom malloc and free function using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: swap the values of two pointers without a temp variable   1 Answer
    • white board: write a function that determines if a given variable is a power of 2 or not   1 Answer
    • scheduling, context switching, memory, linked lists, linked lists, linked lists, etc.   Answer Question

Big Box- Emulation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter got me a telephonic interview. I went on for about 40 minutes. Started with C/C++, some questions like largest in an array, sorting and all. Asked about tools and familiarity with them. Some questions on UVM, SystemVerilog. Then asked about timing constraint which I used in my academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Also asked about previous project and some specification of those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First with a 45 min Telephone interview. Then Onsite interview which takes 6 round include 1 HR round at last. Each take about 45 min, most interviewee are friendly and kind.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

Linux Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the Linux Performance Engineer group contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was for an hour and half. Later, within a week, I was invited to San Diego for their on site interview. I was interviewed by 6 people on various topics ranging from computer systems to computer hardware. Everything related to my CV though.