Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.2

Interview

two phone screens, each takes less one hour. on-site interview for a day. you will not get the offer if one person say no. it needs a presentation three years ago. Now people are more busy, no presentation any more.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Lawrence, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and got an email from HR telling me that a Hardware engineer would contact me to set up a phone call.

The phone call was 30 minutes where the first 15 was him clarifying my resume and asking questions about it and the last 15 minutes were technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is setup and hold time?   Answer Question
    • Given a setup and hold time of X for a D flip-flop, how fast can you run a shift register comprised of D flip-flops?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for phone interview after 2+ months. Had two interviews back to back, the first asked about my experience and related project, technical questions about leakage current and SRAM design, the second asked about detailed technical questions w.r.t circuit design.

Interview Questions

• How temperature influences leakage current?   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth, organized and conducted in a fair manner. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and invited to an onsite interview, which was a 5 hour long process.

Interview Questions

• Given a project design, asked to design state machine.   Answer Question

Hardware Emulation Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. He got right down to business and started asking technical questions. No chit-chat. It was Friday afternoon so it seemed like he wanted to get it done quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest FPGA you've designed with?   Answer Question
    • Name some SDC constraints you've used   Answer Question
    • What is the longest Python code you've written (how many lines)?   Answer Question
    • What were some of the difficulties you met when targeting an FPGA design for ASIC?   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone screens yesterday and today. A lot questions asked were based on my resume. Also asked circuit questions. I am still wait for the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Between 2 flops, in a one cycle or multi cycle path, how the target flop get a glitch.   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked about AD & DA converters, low pass, circuits with just caps, impedance v. Frequency for caps and stuff on resume. Was pretty easy. They flew me out to San Diego for the onsite. I had 5 back to back interviews with senior engineers. No behavioral or situational questions..

Interview Questions

• How to cut clock frequency in half, questions about filtering, design using LED's and flip flops..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule five technical interviews. I provided HR with my available time slot for phone interviews. HR arranged schedules of the five interviews.It took two weeks for phone interviews. Five technical interviews were made and the questions they asked were not that difficult, but very specific and detailed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were vary broad from algorithm to HW design.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. HR & HM are quite efficient. Meet with a few managers. The interview is more like a discussion on general engineering topics.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions based on my resume. Discuss some details on general research topics.   1 Answer