Qualcomm Protocol Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Protocol Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

I was contacted through email about a phone interview, and a skype session was created for the interview (to do real time coding). The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He started by asking me questions about my resume and the projects that I have done, and my internship experiences. He then asked me technical questions based on Networking protocols, Operating Systems and C programming.

Interview Questions

• What is TCP, UDP? Why would we use TCP if IP is enough to communicate based on IP addresses?   Answer Question
    • Explain the whole process of sending a PDU across a network. What are the deciding factors for sending a packet across network? (Congestion, flow control questions)   Answer Question
    • What is an OS? What are its functions?   Answer Question
    • Explain scheduling and the different types of scheduling algorithms   Answer Question
    • Explain deadlock. How do we avoid deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Explain priority inversion, and how to avoid it   Answer Question
    • What is IPC? Explain shared memory.   Answer Question
    • Abbreviate a sentence to just the first characters of the words (in C)   Answer Question
    • Write a function to sort a linked list. Insert an element into this sorted linked list.   Answer Question
    • Flashlight dropping question - given 2 "indestructible" flashlights, determine how high you can drop them from without breaking them. Test is in a 100 story office building, drop out the window; find highest story that you can drop without breaking the flashlight. What is the algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Write a function to check if a bit is set in a specific position.   Answer Question

Protocol Design Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online. One phone interview about embedded C, data structure, network basics, RTOS and some IQ questions. Had on-site two weeks later, met 5 individuals including one recruiter. Four non-stop technical interview with a lot whiteboarding, some network basics and a little SW testing experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the TTL field in an IP packet, and what is it used for?   Answer Question

Data Protocol Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Just general questions were asked. Ex, talk about the related project, tell the education background, then job description, your interested network layer to work at...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2016.

Interview

They invited me for the phone interview. I was asked about my master thesis and bachelor thesis. Interview was good. Though I felt explaining some one your thesis on phone is not a good idea, as it is highly possible that other person may not understand exactly the thesis work. Even though I answered almost all questions confidently, the interview was surprisingly short - 25 minutes only.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell about your master thesis. Some questions regarding the same.
      2. If you are given an array of n numbers. Write an algorithm to find if the numbers form a sequence of ascending order. What is complexity of your algorithm? How can you further optimize it?
      3. What are data structures? How many data structures are you aware of?
      4. Can hash tables be used to solve above problem (ques 2)?
      5. Tell me about your bachelor thesis. Some questions regarding the same.   Answer Question