Qualcomm RFIC Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm RFIC Design Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was extremely slow and less friendly than I would have expected.

The interview process was unorganized.

My flight into San Diego was so late that I didn't get a full night's sleep before the interview (Qualcomm bought my plane tickets). The hotel Qualcomm booked for me was also not very good. I had never experienced anything like this before.

I'm told that it takes 90 days to get reimbursed for travel expenses, and if I move within these 90 days, I need to have my mail forwarded in order to get reimbursed.

Some interviewers were late, one didn't show up at all. Only one interviewer had prepared questions for me. Others simply asked questions regarding bullets on my resume.

I did get an offer. It was lower than two other offers I was given.

Interview Questions

• Perform a simple impedance match between two impedances.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for an RFIC design engineer position by forwarding my resume to a friend. Got email from HR to setup interview. Interview was mainly with engineers and got technical questions. Typical RFIC questions like two tone test, finding gain and impedance, filters, etc. Everything went smoothly. Then I got a call one week later from the manager that everything is good and HR will contact me for the offer. HR guy contacted me, but unfortunately we did not reach an agreement over compensations.

Interview Questions

• two tone test, finding gain and impedance, filters, etc   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Reached me via email after applied on website. Took one week to make the phone interview arrangement. I was interviewed by a lady, she asked me several questions about the projects I did in internship and in lab. I was expecting some basic questions so that I didn't prepare too much about the projects, however she was asking a lot of details and none of them is related to any basic knowledge points or concepts. I answered most of the questions but got stuck on a few as well. The interview lasted for 1 hr. I thought I could get an on site but it turned out not. Official inform arrived through email after one week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about the architecture of receiver system, like why nowadays passive mixer is preferred than active one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with one senior engineer and the hiring manager:

Senior engineer asked me the following questions:

1. How does the drain current of NMOS transistor vary with temperature change?

2. How does the gain of CS-Amplifer change with the temperature variation?

3. Basic design procedure of power amplifer?

4. Phase noise definition.

5. What cause phase noise of oscillator and PLL?

Hiring manager:

1. Cutoff frequency definition, how to calculate it of CMOS transistor, how to increase and decrease it?

2. Relationship between transconductance and width of transistor/

3. Input impedance value of CS-Amplifer with source degenerated resistor, inductor or capacitor?

4. Operational Transconductance Amplifer: How does the gain change with drain current change?

Some questions on my resume.

Senior RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and face to face interview, full day activity. You would meet the Qualcomm department staff one on one for about 1 hour. Questions were all different and basically covering a large part of circuit design. Both fundamental questions and quite challenging and tricky circuit questions were they were looking for very detailed and specific answers. Be prepared to do equations, qualitative analysis on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Many in depth technical questions about circuits, systems, testing, analog, RF   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations at all.

RFIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was processed based on my resume. 1 hour of presentation in the morning. 45 min. meeting with HR person. 45 min technical meeting with 6 team members. Even lunch meeting was undergone with technical questions. I couldn't get time to eat my salad box for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• All about RF power amplifiers and Transmitters (Job for RF PA or RF Transmitters)   1 Answer
    • All about Smith Chart   Answer Question

RFIC Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interview

I had interviews over the phone before I started my internship. 3 people interviewed me and mostly they asked me about circuit desing concepts, but the questions were mostly about the basics. Each one took about 45 min to 1 hour. The people who interviewed me were mostly from TX and EM groups.

People should expect questions from LNA design summary, signal generation circuits/oscillators, oscillator phase nosie, mixers, maybe some PLL, and similar stuff related to RX systems. Also, some RX system level signal/noise questions can be asked.