Qualcomm Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. After 1-2 weeks HR scheduled the telephonic interview. Hiring manager give me call and took telephonic interview for 30 min. After 3 weeks scheduled for full day onsite interview with VP(1 round), technical managers(5 rounds), senior staff engineers(2 rounds).

Interview Questions

• 1). Design Strategy in C++
      2). Semaphore, mutex, spin lock
      3). S1/X2 HO call flow
      4). Work Experience from Current Company and previous company.
      5). C basic questions.
      6). Volatile, register
      7). State machine questions
      8). Most of the interview questions from work experience   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview - Applied on linkedin - sent connection request to recruiter and team members. Got an interview invite after 2 weeks. 45mins interview. I didn't perform very well. they asked my projects and then gave some programming questions and on probability.

Interview Questions

• Probability questions : Consider a triangle with 3 vertices and 3 edges with a person standing on the midpoint of each edge. Now if these 3 persons start moving towards a nearest vertex, find the probability of their collision   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The on-site interview took around 8 hours. Most of the questions revolved around aspects of the C programming language. Also, security vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

phone interview about 1 hour, very technical
    on site interview: very friendly

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

long full day interview. was moderately tough. first telephony then face to face. one on one with 6 different people.one was just analyzing the personality i think. all were nice cordial people. like the whole process, Hr interaction etc. took few weeks to get the result. and then few more weeks to negotiate and get the offer done.

Interview Questions

• lot of questions in C, C++, wireless   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews with HR and five technology team leads. Questions on experience and skills. Algorithm development questions. Best practices, development infrastructure, and tool chain. Questions on team roles, team leadership. Future career goals. Development interests and career progression. One of five interviews was lunch interview and somewhat low key. A lot of traveling from building to building on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• C language algorithm question. Fibonacci numbers.
      Reverse bytes in a string.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter by mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty detailed. Lots of detailed questions about C and networking.... enough detail that I had to write down diagrams on paper to make sense of the questions. The in-person interviews consisted of C coding, describing the projects I have worked on, networking questions, cpu architecture, board bringup, behavioral questions -- it was pretty thorough. If you understanding of networking (L2/L3) is solid and you are a strong C programmer you'll do fine. But given my experience at QCA -- I'd say beware. Make absolutely sure you will be working on development (and not just bug fixing).

Interview Questions

• Write the code (in C) to insert an element into a linked list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very inflexible when it came to negotiations. They pretty much said 'no' to everything and anything i asked for. That being said the offer was pretty good so I really shouldn't complain.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

you interview with 5-6 engineers/managers and 1 HR. Interviews are very technical, with lot of C/C++ coding questions. few puzzles/analytical questions as well as behavioral questions. Do not be surprised if interviewer has not looked at your resume before coming to see you. Interviews are normally spread across multiple groups located in multiple buildings, so you have to travel quite a bit between buildings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Super technical interview with 6 technical individuals and 1 recruiters. In most cases the interviewers finished on time and did set aside time for Q&A. Each slot had technical questions on background, C question and problem solving puzzle. Couple of the interviewers were asked questions in the area of their own strength but overall they seem to go out of their own comfort zone to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Was presented a buggy code and was asked to identify all bugs. The code snippet was related to finding substrings and substituting with other substrings.

Program to write missing number in a array.
      Program with memcpy and identify issues related to memory corruption.
      Bit manipulations routines with optimal solutions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

First we got a phone interview. After phone interview passed, you're invited to move to campus for interview. Campus interview happens over the day, and got interview by 10 people. Sometimes, two people are interviewing you at the same time. They are asking specific questions about protocols, experience, coding and your problem solving skills.
    Protocol questions are mostly focus on 3GPP standard as CDMA is Qualcomm specific. Problem solving question can be hard but you're not expected to completely answer it. There's no right or wrong.

Interview Questions

• embedded software
      real time operating system