Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions
      Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2016.

Interview

I got an email for phone screen. Thoroughly asked all the project related questions in my resume. Also asked questions related to UVM since I had mentioned in my resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR saying engineer from the team will contact to have a phone interview in 3-5 days. Got a Phone interview followed by on site interview. Got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous verification projects and internship experience. Other questions included basic questions on system verilog, verification methodologies and OOP during phone interview. On site interview included writing code in SV and finding bugs as well as explaining possible verification plan for a design.   Answer Question

SoC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One telephonic round, Six onsite interview rounds and one post onsite telephonic interview. They tested the basics of vlsi design, RTL design, system verilog, verilog, programming,digital design, etc. Since the position is for verification, they asked me the basics of system verilog and verilog quiet a lot.

SoC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

First 1:1 phone interview, Then an on site interview. In the onsite interview, three technical interviews separately in the morning, then having lunch with manager. In the afternoon, another technical interview and then talked with the manager of the manager.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer did bus connection verification. so he asked about the protocol of ahb and axi. Then he asked how many vip should be used for their verification environment. I didn't understand the question clearly. Because if we want to keep CPU and the code run on real CPU, we don't need to replace these interfaces with VIPs, but if the CPU needs to be replaced, only other slave/master interfaces need to be replaced by VIPs. After he cleared it, what he wanted to do was to replace all the CPU interfaces and other IP interfaces.
      The second interviewer asked 2 questions: 1) how to check the module was reset by reading/writing registers? The premise for this was there was no spec for register. 2) how to check an interrupt was generated? There was a bit in the register for the interrupt signal.
      The third interviewer asked the following questions: 1) virtual memory structure 2) spin lock 3) tomasulo 4) fibonacci generator
      The last technical interviewer asked: 1) shell questions: search a key word in a file and count how many lines contain the key word 2) Perl sort question: user perl to sort a hash with key or with value 3) set environment variable in Perl 4) fibonacci generator 5) there are 2 buckets: 5 litters and 3 litters, how to get 4 litters of water 6) there is a rectangle pie, remove a small rectangle in that large rectangle, after that, use a straight line to cut the pie to get 2 equal areas.
      There was another question I forgot who asked: use SystemVerilog to generate address with the following constraint: 0x0 (mem1), 0x4(mem2), 0x8(mem3), 0xC(mem1), 0x10(mem2), 0x14(mem3) ...
      4 Answers

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly computer architecture questions ( Pipelining, Branch Prediction ) followed by questions on Verification Methodologies, planning and implementation. The manager asked , Suppose there is a blackbox, explain the verification work flow you will use to verify the circuit efficiently? Then followed few basic questions on UNIX , Perl in the end.

Cpu Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a month. The phone interview was mostly basic computer architecture questions. It lasted about 40 minutes

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty good technical questions, mainly focused on technical aspect. I met sw folks who wrote algos, met design engineer , my manager , verification folks all took interview around 4:00 hour process.

PHY Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.