Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,786 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Network Integration and Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Send resume via surface male. Took 4 weeks to get phone interview. HR specified 4 different parsons to interview for 30 minutes during the week. 5th person contacted without HR approval and requested an interview. During an interview process I found that the actual position is not exist. They are just looking for talents. It was a waste of my time. I also found that Engineering jobs were outsourced to China and a lot of American employees were effected by layoff.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee at Qualcomm for Linux audio team. Was scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer did not call at the mentioned time. He later re-scheduled the interview for next day after I have waited for almost 8 hours for him to call. The interview was for 45 minutes. Mainly covered few HR questions like what is your background? Have you worked in the past? What are your strengths? Rate yourself in C, C++. Later he has jumped into C questions. Very depth analysis required. Each answer has to be explained with the help of examples. And must know the differences between different things and which to use when. After C , he asked few questions about just basics in C++ because I have told him I have never used C++. And later the questions were about Embedded Systems and finally a brain teaser for 5 min. I could only answer the basic definitions but I have no in depth knowledge on the subject which is why I got a reject. They would want an experienced candidate because they would know the actual implementation with examples.

Interview Questions

• C questions:

1. Difference between linked list and array? when to use linked list?
      2. What are dangling pointers? where to use them?
      3. What is recursion? What actually happens during recursion? does the memory get stored on stack? what gets called and how does the program know from where to call? how does unwinding happen? explain with example?
      4. what are structures and unions? when to use what? sizes ?
      5. If you have 2 int and 1 char as parameters for struct and union, what is memory allocated for struct and union in 32 bit processor?
      6. what is free()? how does free know how much memory to de-allocate?

C ++ :
      1. what is the difference between class and object? does class or object create memory? basically learn every detail about classes and objects and just the definition.
      2. what are virtual functions? How are they used? Why are they used? When are they used? Example?

Embedded systems questions:

1. mutexes and semaphores? what is the main difference between them? what is the difference between binary semaphore and mutex? how does locking happen in mutex?
      2. what is trashing? what happens during trashing? what is excessive paging?
      3. what is dynamic loading? what is static loading? when to use dynamic loading? what are the advantages? give an example when to use dynamic loading?

Brain teaser: About seating in an airplane. Probability that last person gets a correct seat. They don't want the answer. They just want to know how to got to the answer. Only concerned about steps to get to the answer though the answer is wrong.   Answer Question

Antenna Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call in two weeks. The first interview was a phone interview. It well really really well.The person appreciated me and said I was excellent and would call me for an onsite interview. But next week instead of onsite interview I had another phone interview. Its not something common with Qualcomm to conduct two phone interviews and I was pretty doubtful about that as there was no reason for the second phone interview when they already tested the required skills well in my first interview.Then I read glassdoor reviews about the company. A person had explained a similar experience just that they called him/her onsite and eliminated on purpose as they wanted chineese/korean only to be there.

The second phone interview was such a stupid interview. The person was asking all the stupid questions in the world to eliminate me. I can also do that to him -ask unusual questions nobody would even think of and eliminate. How stupid could have he been to talk about industrial experience for an hour when he knew I had only six months of experience.I still regret that I should have told him directly that I know the reason why you conducting this interview. LOL btw they could have done a better job instead of being so obvious about your racism/ any other reason to reject. Hope they do not make it obvious next time.

My only concern is in such a big company how does anybody from higher management not look into such things and that it is infested with chineese/koreans whatever I am not sure. Me not getting the job isn't my problem. But they what they did the whole thing wasting my time makes me really frustrated. For those who read this, if you had a similar experience please do write reviews so someday they stop doing this.I was really shocked by their way of handling it.Silly and mean.That's all I can say.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked about AD & DA converters, low pass, circuits with just caps, impedance v. Frequency for caps and stuff on resume. Was pretty easy. They flew me out to San Diego for the onsite. I had 5 back to back interviews with senior engineers. No behavioral or situational questions..

Interview Questions

• How to cut clock frequency in half, questions about filtering, design using LED's and flip flops..   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview

Very rigorous (just like any large leading tech organization). It lasted 2 days for me and a total of about 8 hours. Interview is usually with all the directors of the business unit under which the candidate is interviewing. You need to do well with all the directors to make it through in most cases.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

2 Phone interviews
      HR
      Project Lead
    Manager took me to lunch and interviewed me during lunch
    2nd in person interview
      Panel of 4 people
    3rd in person interview
      One on one interviews with each of the Business Analysts

Interview Questions

• What is challenging in your mind?
      How would you perform analysis on a sample software development request?
      What questions would you ask?
      What tools would you use?   1 Answer

Computer Vision Algorithms Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

A two stage process starting from the phone conversation. I had a medical device prototype which was reviewed by the principals which ultimately demonstrated a working knowledge of optics. This simplified the process and led to the personal interview. The final phase was a multi-phase event that include an intensive discussion during the lunch. Individual meetings preceded and followed. Lunch interview included a meeting with a world class optical consultant visiting the site.

Interview Questions

• The position was of a senior technical consultant that aided the team in delivering a sequence of prototypes based on new technologies. Although this full-time position lasted over 2.5 years it was from the very beginning a good understanding about a tentative nature of this arrangement. Most of the questions were very technology specific. One must also understand that IP was being filed so no direct questions were asked due to the sensitivity of the legal process in progress.

So typical questions in this category are:

1. Given the physical principle used, can (my) device be expandable to larger format?
      2. How this can be compared to the work done by so and so?
      3. Were I involved in standard committees? (yes)
      4. Possible applications for the physical effect xyz?
      5. Issues in software implementation of the application function that is based the principle under discussion?   Answer Question

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty good technical questions, mainly focused on technical aspect. I met sw folks who wrote algos, met design engineer , my manager , verification folks all took interview around 4:00 hour process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two round of telephonic technical interview and 4 rounds of face to face technical and aptitude rounds.
    I did not cleared as the standard of question are very high. I came out in my 6th round. I guess that was last technical round. Over all it was a nice learning experience about my self. Process was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Features I was worked on.
      LTE network and attach procedure.
      Write printf() functionality.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Half hour phone interview with engineer. Spoke really bad english, was asking detailed CMOS questions and asking me to draw circuits on a piece of paper as we went along. Most of the times, interviewer was looking for a specific answer although there is more than one way to skin a cat. Very full of himself it seemed.