Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017
1,665 Interview Reviews

3.1

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

applied in care portal. HR called for interview. 2 rounds. Contacted by recruiter then had a phone interview and then had an onsite interview. The interviewers all had different areas of expertise and therefore were testing knowledge in varous areas.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total... the online test was the first... it consisted 3 sections
    Section 1: aptitude and logical reasoning
    Section 2: basics of c and data structures
    Section 3: tecnical- digital electronics and basic electronics
    Then in the first interview they asked ant projects and research i have done and he asked questions on them
    The second interview is completely techinal... vhdl coding, setup time, hold time, iir n fir filters, digital electronics, questions on semiconductor devices
    The final round was hr, it is easy and normal questions, why should we hire u?.. ur hobbies, where do u see urself in 5 years

Interview Questions

• They gave a circuit and delays, asked to calculate setup and hold time for proper functioning   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
      What is the use of extern ?
      Answer Question

Interview

two phone screens, each takes less one hour. on-site interview for a day. you will not get the offer if one person say no. it needs a presentation three years ago. Now people are more busy, no presentation any more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Good Interview process, 5-6 rounds generally for experienced professionals.
    You should have in depth understanding of the concepts.
    4 rounds will be technical and one will be managerial one could be HR round
    HR round does not matter much
    I am experienced on 3G hence lots of questions on Layer1 procedures like synchronization process, Fach measurement occasion

Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from one of the managers and got invited for three positions. He told me the address but didn't tell me that which positions I am getting invited for an interview for! I emailed three days later and asked about the job description and he emailed me 3 job description that I only knew about one of his team! Don't be shy and ask about job description right away not a day before interview!

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR wrote saying the manager would call me in a few days for an interview. The HR did not say if this was an actual interview or to schedule an interview. She did not respond to any enquiries or clarifications (others have written about the rude incompetent HR).
    Turns out this was to schedule an interview but I wasted my time and energy wondering if this was an interview. Shame on HR.

The manager scheduled a phone interview and asked me to answer some (not very well thought out questions about my background).

During the phone interview (1.5 hours) the manager rambled on circumspect about why I had taken time off and programming experience. This is not a very high profile position and the manager was trying to hire someone who had both current hot skills as well as olde 19th century ones that she herself used. She asked if I would interview locally in Silicon Valley before they fly me over to which I promptly agreed.

I never heard back after that. Not a courtesy from either rude hr or the manager herself. I didn't bother to ask either. This interview was the typical scenario where employees don't know much especially with regards to the latest trends but hypocritically set a very high bar for new hires. Didn't lose much sleep over this since I didn't expect to learn anything from anyone there least of all the old mothball of a manager.

Standard Cell Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on Qualcomm's career page. After carefully reading the job description I applied for the job. Around a month later I got a call from HR. They organized the interview on Qualcomm's one of the site.

They had scheduled 6 interviews by 6 interviewers.The first round was very shot almost 10 min. The second round was the lengthiest one, it was just checking my expertise in VLSI design domain. He asked about ASIC design flow, some timing related question. Then he informed me about the job role, that gave me a hint that this position is not aligned with my skill set but I didn't let him know that. He also told me that they were looking for BTech graduates and I was in 2nd year MTech, so it made me overqualified for the position.

The second interviewer asked me about my knowledge about CMOS design, standard cell layout, types of standard cells. I was very good in CMOS design and explained him very well about types of std cells. Next rounds were totally on layout design. As I was not from the same domain, it went horribly.

At last, they told me the HR will inform me about the results within a week or so, but did not get any response from HR even after emailing multiple times.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview

Face to face with multiple rounds, mostly technical, digital questions,

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer responded to my LinkedIn message and set up a phone interview. The interview took around 30 minutes. Only digital design questions were asked. The experience overall was fine. The entire process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• A brief detail about my work experience   Answer Question
    • Come up with a logic that counts number of 1's in 7-bit wide vector . Use only 1-bit full adder   Answer Question