Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,659 Interview Reviews

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR wrote saying the manager would call me in a few days for an interview. The HR did not say if this was an actual interview or to schedule an interview. She did not respond to any enquiries or clarifications (others have written about the rude incompetent HR).
    Turns out this was to schedule an interview but I wasted my time and energy wondering if this was an interview. Shame on HR.

The manager scheduled a phone interview and asked me to answer some (not very well thought out questions about my background).

During the phone interview (1.5 hours) the manager rambled on circumspect about why I had taken time off and programming experience. This is not a very high profile position and the manager was trying to hire someone who had both current hot skills as well as olde 19th century ones that she herself used. She asked if I would interview locally in Silicon Valley before they fly me over to which I promptly agreed.

I never heard back after that. Not a courtesy from either rude hr or the manager herself. I didn't bother to ask either. This interview was the typical scenario where employees don't know much especially with regards to the latest trends but hypocritically set a very high bar for new hires. Didn't lose much sleep over this since I didn't expect to learn anything from anyone there least of all the old mothball of a manager.

Standard Cell Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on Qualcomm's career page. After carefully reading the job description I applied for the job. Around a month later I got a call from HR. They organized the interview on Qualcomm's one of the site.

They had scheduled 6 interviews by 6 interviewers.The first round was very shot almost 10 min. The second round was the lengthiest one, it was just checking my expertise in VLSI design domain. He asked about ASIC design flow, some timing related question. Then he informed me about the job role, that gave me a hint that this position is not aligned with my skill set but I didn't let him know that. He also told me that they were looking for BTech graduates and I was in 2nd year MTech, so it made me overqualified for the position.

The second interviewer asked me about my knowledge about CMOS design, standard cell layout, types of standard cells. I was very good in CMOS design and explained him very well about types of std cells. Next rounds were totally on layout design. As I was not from the same domain, it went horribly.

At last, they told me the HR will inform me about the results within a week or so, but did not get any response from HR even after emailing multiple times.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview

Face to face with multiple rounds, mostly technical, digital questions,

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer responded to my LinkedIn message and set up a phone interview. The interview took around 30 minutes. Only digital design questions were asked. The experience overall was fine. The entire process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• A brief detail about my work experience   Answer Question
    • Come up with a logic that counts number of 1's in 7-bit wide vector . Use only 1-bit full adder   Answer Question

RF Test Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The engineer directly contact you and ask the HR to fix a time for the phone interview. The phone interview take around 30 min and only one interviewer. The questions are about RF, antenna, communication, and measurement. Some I can answer and some I am not sure. The process is nice not tough.

Interview Questions

• One question is about RF filter: what is flyback, which I never met before in my text book.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was good. It was based on the resume like the projects I had done in the past. Questions related to the communication subjects that we had studied.
    Basics of C, mostly on points, macros, scope resolution operators
    Basics of electronics like working of ADC etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Applied to the Job and got the interview invitation. I was interviewed by 4 people separately including the hiring manager. The process took a week. After internal discussion I was called for a final interview with the Vice President of the division about two weeks later. And subsequently the HR started to discuss the job offer that I accepted,

Modem Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Got the call from HR when i was in college. Interviewed within a week. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked just basic questions on LTE physical layes like OFDM, OFDMA, MIMO, Various Modelation techniques, Fading models.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter. Face to face with hiring manager followed by panel of peers. All stages were friendly but appeared the actual job varied somewhat from the information in the listing which caused some confusion during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural style. Tell me about a time when something went seriously wrong.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got a phone interview scheduled quickly. After clearing the phone interview within next few days, I received an invite for an onsite interview to meet with the hiring manager/director and the team. The onsite interview was structured into separate 4 rounds of 1:1 discussions about current work profile/experience primarily followed by final HR round. Next day got a confirmation about potential offer.

Interview Questions

• Name 1 project where u met with failure and how you handled it and name 1 project experience where you excelled. Was asked about what value am I going to bring to Qualcomm with my experience outside. Was asked a few questions on supply chain/manufacturing flow in my current project work. after 3 rounds of interviews, 4th interview was a bit relaxed where the hiring manager took me out to a nearby lunch place. Overall very positive experience of being interviewed at Qualcomm.   Answer Question