Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,758 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My friend referred me to a recruiter who referred me to another recruiter. I was scheduled for interviews with two different people who worked at the company. The first interviewer asked me behavior questions and then a technical question on a google doc. The second interviewer asked asked for behavior questions and vocally tested my knowledge of C++.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my C++ courses and pointers.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Camera Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which was very basic. Based on resume.
    I was called on site in the next few days. The on-site was 5 rounds based on various topics such as SV,Assertions, Constraints, Verilog designing.

Interview Questions

• Discussed C++ Pointers. I was not expecting that topic. Also, Async Fifos, Dynamic Arrays in SV.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I hand in my resume in Qualcomm office hour in our university. After two weeks, they sent me an invitation to an on-campus interview. There are two guys, both engineers. Two sections, each for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Personal projects
      2. C++(linked list, virtual function)
      3. Design an FSM to find sequence of number 0100
      4. How does an amplifier work(gain, feedback)
      5. Describe one .tcl file I just write. What is it for?
      6.Digital staff(setup time, hold time, clock gating, low power design)
      7. The difference between IIR and FIR. Write Verilog module for FIR   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2017.

Interview

2 Phone Screen Interviews. Both screens went well, in my opinion. Questions were generally Why Qualcomm, why finance, and then interviewers broke down description of job to the day-to-day and expectations.

But after the second phone screen? silence for over 2 weeks! I decided to email one of the interviewers to ask whether or not I am still being considered and was informed at that time that the position has been filled and that they were no longer taking applications.

It would have been nice to have been informed earlier. Also, wasn't given any feedback but again my general takeaway was that it the interviewers were interested and happy with my responses.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Qualcomm website.It was a phone interview and was mostly based on resume and occasional questions on C programming. First they asked me the standard tell me about yourself question and then they moved on to quiz me based on my resume and my embedded systems knowledge and coursework

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • they asked about my experience in embedded systems   Answer Question
    • They also asked many questions based on my resume , like internship experience and project details, what technologies did I use, and how did I implement it   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

First Online test was done. There were two section in test: 1st was based on C programming and in 2nd Electronics and Aptitude question were asked.

After written test two technical interview round were there and one HR round.

First technical round was based on Analog-Digital VLSI design course and Computer Architecture.

Second technical round was based on VLSI Design in which question were focused on STA and Low Power.

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied internship directly via referral without any application. After 2 weeks, I got a 3 phone interviews in a row. They asked me about my previous experience based on my resume. It took 30~45 minutes, respectively.

Interview Questions

• All of them are related with my previous experience, project and research.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

There were 4 Rounds of Interviews - 3 Technical followed by 1 round of HR.

The Technical interviews focused more on problem solving skills and some basic technical fundamentals. The HR round sought to gauge the attitude and expectations. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Pick any concept from your college course and explain it.   Answer Question