Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,702 Interview Reviews

3.1

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went quite smoothly. The interviewer first asked me to describe my projects which took about half an hour. Then I had some viva questions directed at me followed by 2-3 coding questions

Interview Questions

• Describe inheritance, multithreading, watchdog timer, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Audio DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called and emailed by two separate HR members to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes and was almost entirely deep technical questions on operating systems, concurrency, multithreaded programming, and embedded systems concepts. About a week after the phone interview I got an email to schedule the on-site. The on-site ran from 10:30 to 4:30 and was made up of 6 total interviews, 5 of which were technical with a mixture of staff engineers, managers, and directors/VPs of engineering. It also included a lunch interview where one of your interviewers buy you lunch then do a more informal interview while you eat. The interviews were a mixture of talking about my past projects, conceptual OS questions, and a huge number of C questions where you're either given a code fragment and asked to say what the error/output is or asked to write a C function to do something. You need to be really strong at C programming and the C language (scope of variables, keywords, all kinds of memory allocation) to stand a chance for a SWE position here, it's much closer to computer engineering than computer science. Only negatives with the experience was a bit of disorganization, I was contacted by two different HR reps for the same position, one of my interviewers didn't even show up, but other than that it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C to merge two sorted arrays into a single sorted array.   Answer Question
    • Given half a dozen C code fragments, identify the error or explain what the output will be.   Answer Question
    • DSP questions - how an A/D converter works, what the format of an audio file looks like   Answer Question
    • Deep dive into architecture/OS - how to detect page corruption, how to find the offset of an element inside a struct without accessing the variable directly, how to synchronize memory across two CPUs in a cluster.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, they scheduled an interview after 4 weeks , the interview went well only asked what is there in my resume and about my previous experience and my thesis project, the interviewer was excited about my project. I was expecting a positive review but its been 3 weeks no feed back yet. I tried to enquire but no one responding.

Interview Questions

• Just walked through my resume and asked how I can do area power optimizations   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
      What is the use of extern ?   Answer Question

Interview

two phone screens, each takes less one hour. on-site interview for a day. you will not get the offer if one person say no. it needs a presentation three years ago. Now people are more busy, no presentation any more.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview about 30 minutes. Technical overview: going through resume, understanding product qualification process, tester experience etc. Received an invite for onsite interview later that week. The in person interview was setup for 2 weeks later. Met with 5 different engineers of all levels (sr. to director).

Interview Questions

• Got asked:

- Continuity testing methodology
      - MBIST pattern (how to setup )
      - scan pattern
      - ESD/LU
      - CMOS cross section
      - process corners
      - how to make a design faster or slower ( smaller gate oxide thickness = faster process)
      - PCM data (how many zones and know some parameters)
      - Vout/Vin curve for CMOS/Idsat curve
      - Review Failure Analysis (when to do which method)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had one hour phone interview that included some basic questions about process and threads, synchronization primitives. I was asked about Storage classes in C. What does volatile do and what is its practical applications. Some questions related to Scheduling. Overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• Write a C Program to reverse the words in a sentence   1 Answer
    • Write a C program to encode bits in a 32-bit number such that, most significant 16 bits should be reversed but lower 16 bits should be untouched. Then asked to generalize this to any number of bits.   1 Answer

Software Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager in some days about a phone screen for 45 minutes. He scheduled a time and gave me a call. Questions were based on resume and a coding question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website, got a response within a week for a phone interview. Phone interview was a lot focused on my resume, about the project​ and technologies I worked with. Within 10 days I got an on-site interview invitation. I interviewed with 6 different people, 3 engineers, 2 manager and 1 HR. I prepared using Glassdoor and studied over things mentioned in requirements. It was really good experience, everyone was really cool and that helped me to not freaking out as I'm usually nervous.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my projects, some programming which you should be able to do if you are working on competitive coding.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.