Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,596 Interview Reviews

3.1

Digital Hardware Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Lawrence, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and got an email from HR telling me that a Hardware engineer would contact me to set up a phone call.

The phone call was 30 minutes where the first 15 was him clarifying my resume and asking questions about it and the last 15 minutes were technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is setup and hold time?   Answer Question
    • Given a setup and hold time of X for a D flip-flop, how fast can you run a shift register comprised of D flip-flops?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call for Embedded Software Stability Engineer from their team which is based in San Diego. The call lasted for a brief 30 minutes. It began with a quick introduction by the interviewer about himself, his team and Qualcomm.

He later asked me questions on C, RTOS and Embedded. The questions were conceptual and it took me an average time to answer them. I am hoping to hear back from them to proceed to next round of interviews.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews. HR arranged them to be consecutive for me, lasting an hour and a half in total, 45 minutes each. Basically talked about resumes and personal area of interests and ask questions while talking through. Questions are pretty random and are used to test the overall background of the candidate. Not many questions are related directly to the internship position I am applying for. My suggestion would be really focus on fundamental circuit design concepts, tradeoffs, know what you are doing in every step of the design process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++
      1 Answer

Interim Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview within two months. Had two telephonic interviews in January. Both interview were 45 minutes long. Verified my degree and semester grade report after two days. Got offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal C questions. Basic algorithms and operating systems questions   Answer Question

Interim Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for on campus interviews. I then had one interview, after which I was told there would be no more interviews. After two months they contacted me to say that they were still deciding.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer

Onsite:
      4 technical, 1 director lunch, 1HR
      Round1
      All previous projects in details.
      C programming:
      Sort an integer array. Time Complexity.

Round2
      Projects in detail.
      Programming: Binary Tree inorder Traversal.
      Stack overflow

13) Memory corruption
      14) Deadlock
      Programming
      1) Output numbers of 1 in an integer
      2) Given a number, if it is fibonacci number, output true, else false.
      Round4
      6) Stack vs heap
      7) Memory map
      Programming:
      1)Reverse Bits of an unsigned 16-bit integer
      2)All non-negative integers. First Array is missing a number to form the second array (the missing number is replaced by 0). And then shuffle the second array. Try to find the missing number.

Lunch interview:
      Just check my background and then chat:)

HR:
      Ask basic questions about background, start time, visa, salary expectation
      Talk about Qualcomm employee’s benefits package.
      Ask questions if you have.
      Just casual talk:)
      1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1. Applied online and I got a mail within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview.
    2. During the phone interview, it was all about resume based questions with respect to job description. This was an easy round. After 1 week, I got a mail to set up on site interview.
    3. During on site interview you meet 6-8 people through out the day. During my interview they were searching candidate for S/W or H/W profile based on the interview outcome.
    4. For HW profile, they asked me about RF front end, eye diagram, BER, filtering concepts, spectrum analyzer, radio interference, RF test equipment, etc ( these were the job requirements).

Interview Questions

• What is an eye diagram and how is related to filtering?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. Firstly, the interviewer asked me about projects I worked on. I explained contents and we had discussion about the ptojects. Then, the interviewer asked some technical questions.

I choose another company