Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,662 Interview Reviews

3.1

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a call for phone interview two weeks after I applied.
    Phone interview was 50 minutes long with basic questions about embedded systems and real-time concepts. A couple of days of brush up should see you through this.
    On-site interview had 6 rounds including a lunch interview. Lots of questions on realtime time concepts were asked. Make sure you understand the complete memory layout. Assembly and pseudo codes​ were asked. Questions related to projects (I did) closely aligned with their work were drilled on.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions on my major (DSP/com) were asked, and I was sort of caught off guard. This I believe had a major impact on the result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the Intern position for the 5G and CDMA team. For the first team, the interviewer asked me questions on TCP and UDP. The other interviewer (2nd team) asked questions in OS specifically on Mutexes and Semaphores. Had to implement functions in C during both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first interview - Calculate the set bits of a number.   1 Answer
    • Second Interview - Return the most frequent character in a string.   Answer Question

RF Test Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The engineer directly contact you and ask the HR to fix a time for the phone interview. The phone interview take around 30 min and only one interviewer. The questions are about RF, antenna, communication, and measurement. Some I can answer and some I am not sure. The process is nice not tough.

Interview Questions

• One question is about RF filter: what is flyback, which I never met before in my text book.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer responded to my LinkedIn message and set up a phone interview. The interview took around 30 minutes. Only digital design questions were asked. The experience overall was fine. The entire process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• A brief detail about my work experience   Answer Question
    • Come up with a logic that counts number of 1's in 7-bit wide vector . Use only 1-bit full adder   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR wrote saying the manager would call me in a few days for an interview. The HR did not say if this was an actual interview or to schedule an interview. She did not respond to any enquiries or clarifications (others have written about the rude incompetent HR).
    Turns out this was to schedule an interview but I wasted my time and energy wondering if this was an interview. Shame on HR.

The manager scheduled a phone interview and asked me to answer some (not very well thought out questions about my background).

During the phone interview (1.5 hours) the manager rambled on circumspect about why I had taken time off and programming experience. This is not a very high profile position and the manager was trying to hire someone who had both current hot skills as well as olde 19th century ones that she herself used. She asked if I would interview locally in Silicon Valley before they fly me over to which I promptly agreed.

I never heard back after that. Not a courtesy from either rude hr or the manager herself. I didn't bother to ask either. This interview was the typical scenario where employees don't know much especially with regards to the latest trends but hypocritically set a very high bar for new hires. Didn't lose much sleep over this since I didn't expect to learn anything from anyone there least of all the old mothball of a manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

From 9am - 3pm. 5 technical interviewers each spent 30-45min talking with me. One engineer took me to nearby place for lunch interview. One HR wrap up interview after the technical interviews at another weird looking building.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview/screening with recruiter. If all goes well, followed by onsite interview with hiring team, from associates to manager/directors/VP's, and you also get to meet with recruiter in person. Hearing back will vary, as your interview may take place in beginning of all interviews or at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personality as well as specifically related to role.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 min. Questions were mainly about resume, operating systems and C. There was one C coding question on google docs. In all, pretty straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• Resume projects, RTOS and GPOS, multithreading and synchronization, C coding question on strings.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical phone screen. We went over pointers and simple function design/testing on a shared word document. 2 weeks later I went in for a full day interview at the Boulder campus. There were 13 other candidates there doing the same thing. I had (4) hour long technical interviews with different members of various teams and (1) half-hour long interview with HR. They fed us lunch and did a brief recruiting presentation. 2 weeks later they sent a generic email stating "Although we were very impressed with your background and qualifications, we are unable to offer you a position with Qualcomm at this time."
    Overall it seemed like they were more interested in finding book worms fresh out of school with no practical working experience than someone with actual embedded engineering experience.
    Make sure to study linked lists, linked lists, binary trees, and more linked lists because that is all they seem to care about!

Interview Questions

• white board: find the first non-recurring character in a string. i.e. input "abbcdcaea" would return "d"   1 Answer
    • white board: find the degrees between the minute hand and hour hand when a clock is at 3:15   Answer Question
    • white board: implement a queue/fifo with push/pop functionality using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: create a custom malloc and free function using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: swap the values of two pointers without a temp variable   1 Answer
    • white board: write a function that determines if a given variable is a power of 2 or not   1 Answer
    • scheduling, context switching, memory, linked lists, linked lists, linked lists, etc.   Answer Question