Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017
1,642 Interview Reviews

3.1

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 min. Questions were mainly about resume, operating systems and C. There was one C coding question on google docs. In all, pretty straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• Resume projects, RTOS and GPOS, multithreading and synchronization, C coding question on strings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical phone screen. We went over pointers and simple function design/testing on a shared word document. 2 weeks later I went in for a full day interview at the Boulder campus. There were 13 other candidates there doing the same thing. I had (4) hour long technical interviews with different members of various teams and (1) half-hour long interview with HR. They fed us lunch and did a brief recruiting presentation. 2 weeks later they sent a generic email stating "Although we were very impressed with your background and qualifications, we are unable to offer you a position with Qualcomm at this time."
    Overall it seemed like they were more interested in finding book worms fresh out of school with no practical working experience than someone with actual embedded engineering experience.
    Make sure to study linked lists, linked lists, binary trees, and more linked lists because that is all they seem to care about!

Interview Questions

• white board: find the first non-recurring character in a string. i.e. input "abbcdcaea" would return "d"   1 Answer
    • white board: find the degrees between the minute hand and hour hand when a clock is at 3:15   Answer Question
    • white board: implement a queue/fifo with push/pop functionality using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: create a custom malloc and free function using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: swap the values of two pointers without a temp variable   1 Answer
    • white board: write a function that determines if a given variable is a power of 2 or not   1 Answer
    • scheduling, context switching, memory, linked lists, linked lists, linked lists, etc.   Answer Question

Big Box- Emulation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter got me a telephonic interview. I went on for about 40 minutes. Started with C/C++, some questions like largest in an array, sorting and all. Asked about tools and familiarity with them. Some questions on UVM, SystemVerilog. Then asked about timing constraint which I used in my academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Also asked about previous project and some specification of those.   Answer Question

SRAM Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after phone interview, I got an on-site interview. It's a very smooth progress. The first manager I was talking to is in Texas. I went to a conference room and get call from him. After that, it's all 1:1 interviews. Hiring manager took me for lunch and after that, asked several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip Flop setup time, hold time point
      SRAM, one transistor is very weak, what will happened
      With minimal width goes down, what will happen for the circuit design
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First with a 45 min Telephone interview. Then Onsite interview which takes 6 round include 1 HR round at last. Each take about 45 min, most interviewee are friendly and kind.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

Linux Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the Linux Performance Engineer group contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was for an hour and half. Later, within a week, I was invited to San Diego for their on site interview. I was interviewed by 6 people on various topics ranging from computer systems to computer hardware. Everything related to my CV though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of an hour long initial phone screen and then a "round robin" interview with many other candidates. Interviews were both almost completely technical. They didn't seem interested in getting to know the candidates, only how they could perform under pressure and with technical problems.

Phone interview (1 hr) (pure technical)
    Q: What is a watchdog timer?
    A: Correct
    Q: What is atomic programming/non-locking operation?
    A: Idk
    What is concurrency and multithreading?
    What is static keyword?
    A: correct
    What is volatile keyword?
    A: correct
    Programming problem (live) (reverse a linked list)
    A: correct

In person interview (round robin, 4 interviews, 30 min each, whiteboard)
    I1: Add a new node to a linked list
    A: Mostly correct
    I2: Embedded systems questions, low level programming question using "malloc"
    A: Incorrect, did not perform well
    I3: Function that takes a 2d array of a "sudoku board", and checks to make sure it is a possible board.
    A: Mostly correct
    I4: Reverse string function, reverse words function, binary tree questions
    A: Correct

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was phone interview, and then on -site. There were 5 engineers. It has been more than three weekes i am waiting for their response. HR does not reply, and there is no way to know the status of the interview! They were supposed to inform by 2 weeks.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer