Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,829 Interview Reviews

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer first asked me about my projects and I described the detail. He then asked some questions about my projects. Later, he asked me questions about machine learning and c++. Then he told me I will be notified if I have more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between classification and regression?   Answer Question
    • What is the data structure of dynamic memory? Heap or stack?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

Had 2 back to back 30minute phone interviews. First one was basic VLSI concepts. Second interview was resume based. The interview process is that the interviewers will share their review with the board and then the board decides

Interview Questions

• The layout of the inverter and the W/L ratio for pmos and nmos.   Answer Question
    • Explain static and dynamic power and how they are different   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2017.

Interview

2 Phone Screen Interviews. Both screens went well, in my opinion. Questions were generally Why Qualcomm, why finance, and then interviewers broke down description of job to the day-to-day and expectations.

But after the second phone screen? silence for over 2 weeks! I decided to email one of the interviewers to ask whether or not I am still being considered and was informed at that time that the position has been filled and that they were no longer taking applications.

It would have been nice to have been informed earlier. Also, wasn't given any feedback but again my general takeaway was that it the interviewers were interested and happy with my responses.

Camera Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which was very basic. Based on resume.
    I was called on site in the next few days. The on-site was 5 rounds based on various topics such as SV,Assertions, Constraints, Verilog designing.

Interview Questions

• Discussed C++ Pointers. I was not expecting that topic. Also, Async Fifos, Dynamic Arrays in SV.   Answer Question

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Interview

I had a technical telephonic interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. I had applied online on their website and got a call in 2 weeks time to schedule for a telephonic interview.
    I prepared a lot of basic C interview questions and fundamentals of OS. I should have done more preparation regarding some of the projects that I worked on as I was not very confident in the way I explained to him some of the OS fundamentals that was used in some of my relevant projects.

Interview Questions

• Write a shortest string copy function.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online, got an email to schedule a 45 min interview. The interview was conducted by an Engineer over the phone. The questions were mainly to test the understanding of the subjects. There were some basic C programming questions. Few questions on Object oriented programming. Some were on OS - TLB, VM implementation and Paging. I was asked to write a program in the language of my choice, syntax was not an issue and there was time to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on Linked List, low-level programming and OS concepts.   1 Answer

H W Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Someone from the H.R. contacted me with the position details and a couple of hours later the interviewer contacted me with a couple of time slot options for the phone interview. The phone interview went really well, and said it would take a week for some to contact me with the next step. I followed up after a week, but the H.R. was very unresponsive to my emails and about 10 after the initial phone interview said there is an on-site request. I haven't received any e-mail after the interaction with the H.R. rep and had to follow up with him/her and came to know that that there was no on-site request but there would be another phone interview by the team. I followed up with the HR after 5 days to ask if the position is still open to which I was said yes and said a person from the team would contact me to schedule the interview. A day after the second round of interview is scheduled, the team member calls up and says the position has been cancelled. I felt really disappointed about the whole process and the lack of coherency in the team and a very unresponsive HR who could not act as the bridge. I had to cancel a doctors appointment for the interview and they just simply called up and said they want to cancel the interview. It took me a couple of days to come back to my regular routing. I felt this was really unprofessional.