Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Qualcomm

2,158 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Applied by sending an email to the campus recruiter. Interviewed on compus still waiting for response

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected, basic c/c++ problem involving pointer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Overall the process is not bad. Qualcomm will arrange everything for the interview. You do not need to care about too much thing. The coding question is easily probably because qualcomm is not a CS company. So you do not need to spend to much time for coding issues. It might requires some basic concept on telecommunications. Such as CDMA, FDMA, RF. You probably need to read through your communication book one again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, most of questions can be found from this website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Questions

• What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions

• code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The hiring is for fresh gradute students. Took a phone interview first. And then on-site interview. There are 3 rounds in total. The whole process took a month.

Interview Questions

• There are quetions like bit operations, operating system and c language   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
    And data. Structure.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, and then was offered a chance to interview in person. I live close to San Diego so I drove my own car in the night before. They paid for a hotel that was very close to where I was suppose to meet my HR rep. I met the HR rep at 11AM, she gave me an overview of the company. Then I drove my car to the next stage of the interview process (I was offered a shuttle, but I didn't want it). This is where the real interview began. I had lunch with a software engineer, we talked about the company and he had a few softball questions for me. The next three interviewers appeared to be software engineers chosen at random. (At least to me.) I meet with them one at a time. Some asked good questions, some were not so good at interviewing. It was all that standard stuff. Then I meet with the final interviewer. He was very experienced in interviewing and asked lots of very pointed questions. After it was over they said they'd get back to me in a week or two either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a staffing coordinator. The interviewer was good and encouraging. Asked Qs in c++, c and some concepts from networking and some previous project related Qs from resume. There were 3 to 4 Qs for which algorithm or verbal solution was expected:
    1] reversing a string
    2] multiply a number with 7 without using * or + operators
    3] finding a loop at the end of single linked list

the experience was good and waiting for the result...

Interview Questions

• C++ Qs : virtual functions and function overloading   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of telephonic interview(1 tech + 1 hr),HR interview was about interests in QCT,team and so on,Tech round consisted of C,OS concepts,Data structures and a puzzle.Got a positive response in 5 days and was called onsite,Onsite interview comprised of 6 tech rounds and 1 hr rnd,Again the focus was on writing code in C,OS and Networking. Its 2 weeks now and i havent yet heard back from them.