Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,643 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++
      1 Answer

Interim Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview within two months. Had two telephonic interviews in January. Both interview were 45 minutes long. Verified my degree and semester grade report after two days. Got offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal C questions. Basic algorithms and operating systems questions   Answer Question

Early Identification Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software Engineering Internship as a Sophomore/Freshman. Was contacted about interviewing about the EIP and schedule two, back to back, phone interviews. One was behavioral and one was technical.

The behavioral interview asked general stuff about my background, why I chose to major in CS, and what I knew about Qualcomm. This was extremely pleasant and went very well.

The technical interview, after a few breaking-the-ice questions regarding my background and whatnot, consisted of three questions. The questions where fairly straight forward - I went over basically these exact questions during my CS courses - and I answered them fairly easily. I answered the questions with Java.

However, a week or so later I received a call from my behavioral interviewer saying that they were unable to offer me a position and that I should apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Given a 5-liter jug, 3-liter jug, and infinite water, produce 4 liters.   3 Answers
    • Given a LinkedList, return the value in the middle.   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation for a phone interview. Recruiter told me it would have C++ quiz that would last 30 minutes. Had the phone interview with him, after 5 minutes of going through my resume he began the C++ quiz. 90% of the quiz was on pointers. It took him 30 minutes to figure out how to screen share and it was very difficult to understand him because of his thick accent. He was also very rude when I asked him to repeat the question because I could not understand him.

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 3+ months, applied through school career fair. I had 1.5 hour phone interview with two people. Interview questions required intuition about the hardware and circuits. Very few questions about my background and research experience.

Interview Questions

• What is DIBL. What happens to this logic when sizing of pull down is different.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I checked the Job info through linked in. One after the application, I received a phone interview with hiring manager. There was nothing special for the phone interview. Although I couldn't be joined, the onsite intervew was pretty basic. However, some preparation should be done before. :)

Interim Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for on campus interviews. I then had one interview, after which I was told there would be no more interviews. After two months they contacted me to say that they were still deciding.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer

Onsite:
      4 technical, 1 director lunch, 1HR
      Round1
      All previous projects in details.
      C programming:
      Sort an integer array. Time Complexity.

Round2
      Projects in detail.
      Programming: Binary Tree inorder Traversal.
      Stack overflow

13) Memory corruption
      14) Deadlock
      Programming
      1) Output numbers of 1 in an integer
      2) Given a number, if it is fibonacci number, output true, else false.
      Round4
      6) Stack vs heap
      7) Memory map
      Programming:
      1)Reverse Bits of an unsigned 16-bit integer
      2)All non-negative integers. First Array is missing a number to form the second array (the missing number is replaced by 0). And then shuffle the second array. Try to find the missing number.

Lunch interview:
      Just check my background and then chat:)

HR:
      Ask basic questions about background, start time, visa, salary expectation
      Talk about Qualcomm employee’s benefits package.
      Ask questions if you have.
      Just casual talk:)
      1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1. Applied online and I got a mail within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview.
    2. During the phone interview, it was all about resume based questions with respect to job description. This was an easy round. After 1 week, I got a mail to set up on site interview.
    3. During on site interview you meet 6-8 people through out the day. During my interview they were searching candidate for S/W or H/W profile based on the interview outcome.
    4. For HW profile, they asked me about RF front end, eye diagram, BER, filtering concepts, spectrum analyzer, radio interference, RF test equipment, etc ( these were the job requirements).

Interview Questions

• What is an eye diagram and how is related to filtering?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. Firstly, the interviewer asked me about projects I worked on. I explained contents and we had discussion about the ptojects. Then, the interviewer asked some technical questions.

I choose another company