Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,830 Interview Reviews

3.1

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, they scheduled an interview after 4 weeks , the interview went well only asked what is there in my resume and about my previous experience and my thesis project, the interviewer was excited about my project. I was expecting a positive review but its been 3 weeks no feed back yet. I tried to enquire but no one responding.

Interview Questions

• Just walked through my resume and asked how I can do area power optimizations   1 Answer

Software Developer- Security Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview- Technical questions long for 45 min, asked me about basic resume projects which i have done in the past, Basic concepts of programming & Computer architecture. We have also discussed Security aspects of the Network

Interview Questions

• Program logic to sort an array where only 0s & 1s are the elements, Asked About My Resume Projects, In Computer Architect concept- Asked about How many clock cycle required to execute certain instructions (Load, Store, Execute & etc), Math word problem based on Concept of Distance, Speed & Time   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went quite smoothly. The interviewer first asked me to describe my projects which took about half an hour. Then I had some viva questions directed at me followed by 2-3 coding questions

Interview Questions

• Describe inheritance, multithreading, watchdog timer, etc   1 Answer

Software Engineer Audio DSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called and emailed by two separate HR members to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes and was almost entirely deep technical questions on operating systems, concurrency, multithreaded programming, and embedded systems concepts. About a week after the phone interview I got an email to schedule the on-site. The on-site ran from 10:30 to 4:30 and was made up of 6 total interviews, 5 of which were technical with a mixture of staff engineers, managers, and directors/VPs of engineering. It also included a lunch interview where one of your interviewers buy you lunch then do a more informal interview while you eat. The interviews were a mixture of talking about my past projects, conceptual OS questions, and a huge number of C questions where you're either given a code fragment and asked to say what the error/output is or asked to write a C function to do something. You need to be really strong at C programming and the C language (scope of variables, keywords, all kinds of memory allocation) to stand a chance for a SWE position here, it's much closer to computer engineering than computer science. Only negatives with the experience was a bit of disorganization, I was contacted by two different HR reps for the same position, one of my interviewers didn't even show up, but other than that it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C to merge two sorted arrays into a single sorted array.   Answer Question
    • Given half a dozen C code fragments, identify the error or explain what the output will be.   Answer Question
    • DSP questions - how an A/D converter works, what the format of an audio file looks like   Answer Question
    • Deep dive into architecture/OS - how to detect page corruption, how to find the offset of an element inside a struct without accessing the variable directly, how to synchronize memory across two CPUs in a cluster.   Answer Question

Wireless Modem Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview where they ask you about your background and work you are looking for. Next round is onsite interview. It takes around 4-5 hours to finish. They ask thouroughly about areas of work and there is also lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• C++ basics, OOPS basics, SystemC programming.

OFDM, SC-FDMA, python   1 Answer

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After 4 weeks, HR reached out to me and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next week, had a 45 minute conversation with the hiring manager. Basically just went over my resume and experience. A few days later, had a 2 hour technical interview (over the phone) with his staff members. The next day, HR reached out to me to get my availability for another interview. After I gave my availability, HR went dark on me. I followed up week after week for a month then eventually gave up.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail regarding a phone interview. The interviewer forgot to call me at the scheduled time and I had to reschedule again. During the interview, he asked me about multithreading and C questions. Overall the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the use of static variable?
      What is the use of extern ?   Answer Question

Interview

two phone screens, each takes less one hour. on-site interview for a day. you will not get the offer if one person say no. it needs a presentation three years ago. Now people are more busy, no presentation any more.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had one hour phone interview that included some basic questions about process and threads, synchronization primitives. I was asked about Storage classes in C. What does volatile do and what is its practical applications. Some questions related to Scheduling. Overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• Write a C Program to reverse the words in a sentence   1 Answer
    • Write a C program to encode bits in a 32-bit number such that, most significant 16 bits should be reversed but lower 16 bits should be untouched. Then asked to generalize this to any number of bits.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview about 30 minutes. Technical overview: going through resume, understanding product qualification process, tester experience etc. Received an invite for onsite interview later that week. The in person interview was setup for 2 weeks later. Met with 5 different engineers of all levels (sr. to director).

Interview Questions

• Got asked:

- Continuity testing methodology
      - MBIST pattern (how to setup )
      - scan pattern
      - ESD/LU
      - CMOS cross section
      - process corners
      - how to make a design faster or slower ( smaller gate oxide thickness = faster process)
      - PCM data (how many zones and know some parameters)
      - Vout/Vin curve for CMOS/Idsat curve