Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,680 Interview Reviews

3.1

SRAM Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after phone interview, I got an on-site interview. It's a very smooth progress. The first manager I was talking to is in Texas. I went to a conference room and get call from him. After that, it's all 1:1 interviews. Hiring manager took me for lunch and after that, asked several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip Flop setup time, hold time point
      SRAM, one transistor is very weak, what will happened
      With minimal width goes down, what will happen for the circuit design
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First with a 45 min Telephone interview. Then Onsite interview which takes 6 round include 1 HR round at last. Each take about 45 min, most interviewee are friendly and kind.

Linux Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the Linux Performance Engineer group contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was for an hour and half. Later, within a week, I was invited to San Diego for their on site interview. I was interviewed by 6 people on various topics ranging from computer systems to computer hardware. Everything related to my CV though.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was phone interview, and then on -site. There were 5 engineers. It has been more than three weekes i am waiting for their response. HR does not reply, and there is no way to know the status of the interview! They were supposed to inform by 2 weeks.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

First they emailed for scheduling a technical phone interview within a week. The interview experience was very good even though I did not perform well. He mainly asked about Operating systems and C. As I am from Electrical background, I did not have much knowledge about operating systems. The interviewer would give enough hints on the questions you fumbled. Its an easy interview for computer science majors I guess. It lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It started with C questions:
      -storage classes in C
      -Dynamic memory allocation
      -Binary tree and its time complexity
      -different sorting methods, and asked to explain quick sort, time complexities
      -what is linked list, what is its time complexity
      -asked to write atoi function code using screen share

Operating Systems:
      -what is a thread
      -context switching
      -inter process communication
      -preemptive and non preemptive process
      and other things which I had never heard before and don't even remember.
      Answer Question

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was purely technical. Asked about Probability and Digital Signal Processing. They even asked some questions from C language. Some questtons were like difference between OFDM and CDMA and which one is better.

Interview Questions

• Difference betwwen pass by value and pass by reference   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

positive and good experience. questions are related to job, evaluation is based on what you demonstrate and how well you can gel with the team. it was a relaxed environment and the team was friendly and showed interest in the responses.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Applied online and was selected for interview. Met with department manager for interview conducted in his office. Though it shouldn't really matter, I couldn't help but notice the interviewer and all the employees I saw in cubicles around his office appeared to be from India, which seemed confirmed by their strong accents when I said hello to them as I walked by.

Interview Questions

• Oddly, the interview questions he asked were exactly the same questions I answered on the application, so I answered them the same way. He had the answers to those questions already in my application papers on his desk, so I found this line of questioning odd. He didn't ask me anything else, nothing related to the job I was applying for, or past performance, or my extensive experience in the field, only those generic questions from the application. It didn't feel like an interview at all, he was looking out the window most of the time; it was more like he was just checking off a box, like something he had to do with no intention of hiring.   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was extremely slow and less friendly than I would have expected.

The interview process was unorganized.

My flight into San Diego was so late that I didn't get a full night's sleep before the interview (Qualcomm bought my plane tickets). The hotel Qualcomm booked for me was also not very good. I had never experienced anything like this before.

I'm told that it takes 90 days to get reimbursed for travel expenses, and if I move within these 90 days, I need to have my mail forwarded in order to get reimbursed.

Some interviewers were late, one didn't show up at all. Only one interviewer had prepared questions for me. Others simply asked questions regarding bullets on my resume.

I did get an offer. It was lower than two other offers I was given.

Interview Questions

• Perform a simple impedance match between two impedances.   1 Answer