Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,663 Interview Reviews

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

positive and good experience. questions are related to job, evaluation is based on what you demonstrate and how well you can gel with the team. it was a relaxed environment and the team was friendly and showed interest in the responses.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Applied online and was selected for interview. Met with department manager for interview conducted in his office. Though it shouldn't really matter, I couldn't help but notice the interviewer and all the employees I saw in cubicles around his office appeared to be from India, which seemed confirmed by their strong accents when I said hello to them as I walked by.

Interview Questions

• Oddly, the interview questions he asked were exactly the same questions I answered on the application, so I answered them the same way. He had the answers to those questions already in my application papers on his desk, so I found this line of questioning odd. He didn't ask me anything else, nothing related to the job I was applying for, or past performance, or my extensive experience in the field, only those generic questions from the application. It didn't feel like an interview at all, he was looking out the window most of the time; it was more like he was just checking off a box, like something he had to do with no intention of hiring.   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was extremely slow and less friendly than I would have expected.

The interview process was unorganized.

My flight into San Diego was so late that I didn't get a full night's sleep before the interview (Qualcomm bought my plane tickets). The hotel Qualcomm booked for me was also not very good. I had never experienced anything like this before.

I'm told that it takes 90 days to get reimbursed for travel expenses, and if I move within these 90 days, I need to have my mail forwarded in order to get reimbursed.

Some interviewers were late, one didn't show up at all. Only one interviewer had prepared questions for me. Others simply asked questions regarding bullets on my resume.

I did get an offer. It was lower than two other offers I was given.

Interview Questions

• Perform a simple impedance match between two impedances.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral for the Early Identification Program. They flew me out to a diversity conference in San Diego, asked me some questions, and had me participate in a hackathon. I received an answer in the same month I interviewed. The process was very laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string in Java?   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted array of length 100, it is filled with numbers from 0-100 inclusive. Assuming that no numbers repeat, what is the best way to find the missing number?   1 Answer
    • How would you reverse an array in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are given 9 gold coins and a seesaw scale. One of the coins is counterfeit and weighs less than the other coins. What is the least amount of times you can use the scale to find the counterfeit coin?   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Lawrence, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and got an email from HR telling me that a Hardware engineer would contact me to set up a phone call.

The phone call was 30 minutes where the first 15 was him clarifying my resume and asking questions about it and the last 15 minutes were technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is setup and hold time?   Answer Question
    • Given a setup and hold time of X for a D flip-flop, how fast can you run a shift register comprised of D flip-flops?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call for Embedded Software Stability Engineer from their team which is based in San Diego. The call lasted for a brief 30 minutes. It began with a quick introduction by the interviewer about himself, his team and Qualcomm.

He later asked me questions on C, RTOS and Embedded. The questions were conceptual and it took me an average time to answer them. I am hoping to hear back from them to proceed to next round of interviews.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews. HR arranged them to be consecutive for me, lasting an hour and a half in total, 45 minutes each. Basically talked about resumes and personal area of interests and ask questions while talking through. Questions are pretty random and are used to test the overall background of the candidate. Not many questions are related directly to the internship position I am applying for. My suggestion would be really focus on fundamental circuit design concepts, tradeoffs, know what you are doing in every step of the design process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++
      1 Answer

Interim Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview within two months. Had two telephonic interviews in January. Both interview were 45 minutes long. Verified my degree and semester grade report after two days. Got offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal C questions. Basic algorithms and operating systems questions   Answer Question