Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,680 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral for the Early Identification Program. They flew me out to a diversity conference in San Diego, asked me some questions, and had me participate in a hackathon. I received an answer in the same month I interviewed. The process was very laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string in Java?   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted array of length 100, it is filled with numbers from 0-100 inclusive. Assuming that no numbers repeat, what is the best way to find the missing number?   1 Answer
    • How would you reverse an array in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are given 9 gold coins and a seesaw scale. One of the coins is counterfeit and weighs less than the other coins. What is the least amount of times you can use the scale to find the counterfeit coin?   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Lawrence, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and got an email from HR telling me that a Hardware engineer would contact me to set up a phone call.

The phone call was 30 minutes where the first 15 was him clarifying my resume and asking questions about it and the last 15 minutes were technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is setup and hold time?   Answer Question
    • Given a setup and hold time of X for a D flip-flop, how fast can you run a shift register comprised of D flip-flops?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call for Embedded Software Stability Engineer from their team which is based in San Diego. The call lasted for a brief 30 minutes. It began with a quick introduction by the interviewer about himself, his team and Qualcomm.

He later asked me questions on C, RTOS and Embedded. The questions were conceptual and it took me an average time to answer them. I am hoping to hear back from them to proceed to next round of interviews.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews. HR arranged them to be consecutive for me, lasting an hour and a half in total, 45 minutes each. Basically talked about resumes and personal area of interests and ask questions while talking through. Questions are pretty random and are used to test the overall background of the candidate. Not many questions are related directly to the internship position I am applying for. My suggestion would be really focus on fundamental circuit design concepts, tradeoffs, know what you are doing in every step of the design process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++
      1 Answer

Interim Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview within two months. Had two telephonic interviews in January. Both interview were 45 minutes long. Verified my degree and semester grade report after two days. Got offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal C questions. Basic algorithms and operating systems questions   Answer Question

Early Identification Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software Engineering Internship as a Sophomore/Freshman. Was contacted about interviewing about the EIP and schedule two, back to back, phone interviews. One was behavioral and one was technical.

The behavioral interview asked general stuff about my background, why I chose to major in CS, and what I knew about Qualcomm. This was extremely pleasant and went very well.

The technical interview, after a few breaking-the-ice questions regarding my background and whatnot, consisted of three questions. The questions where fairly straight forward - I went over basically these exact questions during my CS courses - and I answered them fairly easily. I answered the questions with Java.

However, a week or so later I received a call from my behavioral interviewer saying that they were unable to offer me a position and that I should apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Given a 5-liter jug, 3-liter jug, and infinite water, produce 4 liters.   3 Answers
    • Given a LinkedList, return the value in the middle.   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation for a phone interview. Recruiter told me it would have C++ quiz that would last 30 minutes. Had the phone interview with him, after 5 minutes of going through my resume he began the C++ quiz. 90% of the quiz was on pointers. It took him 30 minutes to figure out how to screen share and it was very difficult to understand him because of his thick accent. He was also very rude when I asked him to repeat the question because I could not understand him.

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 3+ months, applied through school career fair. I had 1.5 hour phone interview with two people. Interview questions required intuition about the hardware and circuits. Very few questions about my background and research experience.

Interview Questions

• What is DIBL. What happens to this logic when sizing of pull down is different.   Answer Question