Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017
1,634 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

3 phone interview followed bu on site.
    Not difficult, questions based on you resume and previous work experience.
    Should have very clear idea about basic communication theory

Be prepared to have some questions regarding any programming language on your resume.
    Focus on automation and programming skills

Interview Questions

• Design the communication system for the mobile station receiver   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR saying engineer from the team will contact to have a phone interview in 3-5 days. Got a Phone interview followed by on site interview. Got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous verification projects and internship experience. Other questions included basic questions on system verilog, verification methodologies and OOP during phone interview. On site interview included writing code in SV and finding bugs as well as explaining possible verification plan for a design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through the campus career fair at Madison, WI. The recruiter was impressed with me, maybe that's the reason they called me for an interview. Got the interview offer after 2 days, and the interview was scheduled 2 weeks after the fair.

I interviewed on campus with their senior software engineer/manager. He was kind of vague in his responses. First pointed out that my GPA was a bit low than the others. Told me about his role at the company and all. Then we proceeded to the questions.

2 weeks after the interview, I got a mail saying I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• He drew a matrix on board and asked me to identify the pattern and then write a code to print out the matrix.

Asked a brainteaser question in which 2 guys are in a tunnel, both of them start running in opposite directions on seeing a train coming towards them. Find the speed of the train...something similar
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Asked C and C++ questions, including keywords, pointers, code on shared electronic document. An HR person alerts of interest for an interview. The hiring manager sets up phone call. Phone screen is 1 hour.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A technical phone interview was set up within a few days after I applied online. I was mostly tested on my knowledge of C programming and embedded systems. An on-site interview was set up within the next few weeks. This consisted of four 50-minute technical interviews with people on the team, lunch and a HR interview. There were questions related to topics like data structures, memory management. The interviews were fairly challenging. There was some C programming and problem solving on the white board. Overall, all the interviewers were all very friendly, professional and made me feel comfortable. I was very impressed with the atmosphere and the culture in the office.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Memory management, Storage class, RTOS   Answer Question

SoC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One telephonic round, Six onsite interview rounds and one post onsite telephonic interview. They tested the basics of vlsi design, RTL design, system verilog, verilog, programming,digital design, etc. Since the position is for verification, they asked me the basics of system verilog and verilog quiet a lot.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I got call from recruiter to check if I am open for jobs.
    He scheduled phone interview. Had a phone interview with couple of people from company.
    Asked me questions related to Linux kernel, memory, c programming and Linux shell.
    After phone round they asked me for onsite round on next week immediately.
    Onsite interview was taken by panel of three people. It was easier that the telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous project?
      Questions related to scripting.
      How to implement memcpy in C?
      Answer Question

Compiler Interview

Interview

good and smooth process. Interviewers were good. Basic questions were asked on compilers and programming. No coding was required. One phone screen and five f2f onsite interview one hour each.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Televised skype interviw while communicating with 3 engineers in the room on camera, had a very respectful treatment during entire interview, relatively easy career related a few questions, total of 25 minutes job interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly carrer related questions   1 Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got the call for a phone screen very soon. The position was for a Digital Design Engineer. They were looking for person with knowledge in DSP.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on digital design like what is CDC and what are the stops to solve them.
      Some questions focused on DSP concepts like a transceiver architecture, IIR and FIR filters, their relative advantages, disadvantages etc.
      Answer Question