Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017
1,821 Interview Reviews

3.1

Audio Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

Email from the recruiter ,Phone Interview with staff Engineer and Phone Interview with Principal Engineer and finally a reject. A long process overall which took more than 2 and half months. Had already lost hope after the first intervies

Interview Questions

• Signal Processing, Adaptive Signal Processing, Linear Phase Filtering, Sampling Rate Conversion, Convolution and Sampling in Fourier/ Frequency Domain, Kalman Filter   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the company. Got an invitation for phone interview. I was asked to solve programming questions in C/C++. Later, i got invite to attend the onsite interview. Overall i had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Ist round involved C/C++ simple programming questions. Second round on multi threading and assembly program. Other rounds focused on designing related questions.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got a phone interview scheduled quickly. After clearing the phone interview within next few days, I received an invite for an onsite interview to meet with the hiring manager/director and the team. The onsite interview was structured into separate 4 rounds of 1:1 discussions about current work profile/experience primarily followed by final HR round. Next day got a confirmation about potential offer.

Interview Questions

• Name 1 project where u met with failure and how you handled it and name 1 project experience where you excelled. Was asked about what value am I going to bring to Qualcomm with my experience outside. Was asked a few questions on supply chain/manufacturing flow in my current project work. after 3 rounds of interviews, 4th interview was a bit relaxed where the hiring manager took me out to a nearby lunch place. Overall very positive experience of being interviewed at Qualcomm.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through online qualcomm career portal and got an email 2 weeks later from HR,saying a staff engineer will call me for a phone technical interview.The phone interview was based on resume and lot of basic Systemverilog(writing assertion and constraints for different stimulus )/Verilog/Digital logic design questions.A week later received another email saying that I was selected for an onsite interview ( scheduled 2 weeks later).At onsite I had six (45-60 min each) one-on-one interviews with staff engineers .They said that result will be emailed two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1)Should be ready to write some logics (C/Verilog/System Verilog) on the spot .
      2)Blocking and Non-Blocking.
      3)Fork/join types and applications.
      4)Test bench architecture blocks.(asked to write a generalized code to implement gen and
            bfm).   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen before the onsite interview.
    In the phone screen, the interviewer asked a lot of questions about Embedded C, and gave me a link list question to write.
    The phone screen was almost 6 hours long.

On the contrary, there was no link list questions asked, which was a bit shocking. There was also a lunch with manager, which is not evaluated, where the manager talks about the company and position.
    There is also an HR, where HR tells you about the feedback from the previous interviewers.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

One in person interview. Contacted through school recruiting system. About 45 minutes? All questions from CTCI with a San Diego Engineer. Very nice. Talked about resume for a bit and then coding questions after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

It was not complicated. He was friendly but I was so stressful and was not able to focus on questions. It took about 20 minutes and most of the questions were conceptual but not that much difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about one stage amplifier and frequency response.   1 Answer

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

interview was a phone interview for a contract position. Mainly questions from my resume. Asked about various debugger and Testing tools for embedded software. Interviewer was very cool and preparation is the key.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview following an employee referral. They only test your knowledge not your skills or thinking process. It was a 45 min interview with only 10 min asking about my research.

Interview Questions

• How negative numbers are stored and how to calculate the 2's compliment   1 Answer