Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,732 Interview Reviews

3.1

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call for Embedded Software Stability Engineer from their team which is based in San Diego. The call lasted for a brief 30 minutes. It began with a quick introduction by the interviewer about himself, his team and Qualcomm.

He later asked me questions on C, RTOS and Embedded. The questions were conceptual and it took me an average time to answer them. I am hoping to hear back from them to proceed to next round of interviews.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews. HR arranged them to be consecutive for me, lasting an hour and a half in total, 45 minutes each. Basically talked about resumes and personal area of interests and ask questions while talking through. Questions are pretty random and are used to test the overall background of the candidate. Not many questions are related directly to the internship position I am applying for. My suggestion would be really focus on fundamental circuit design concepts, tradeoffs, know what you are doing in every step of the design process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++   1 Answer

Interim Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview within two months. Had two telephonic interviews in January. Both interview were 45 minutes long. Verified my degree and semester grade report after two days. Got offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal C questions. Basic algorithms and operating systems questions   Answer Question

Early Identification Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software Engineering Internship as a Sophomore/Freshman. Was contacted about interviewing about the EIP and schedule two, back to back, phone interviews. One was behavioral and one was technical.

The behavioral interview asked general stuff about my background, why I chose to major in CS, and what I knew about Qualcomm. This was extremely pleasant and went very well.

The technical interview, after a few breaking-the-ice questions regarding my background and whatnot, consisted of three questions. The questions where fairly straight forward - I went over basically these exact questions during my CS courses - and I answered them fairly easily. I answered the questions with Java.

However, a week or so later I received a call from my behavioral interviewer saying that they were unable to offer me a position and that I should apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Given a 5-liter jug, 3-liter jug, and infinite water, produce 4 liters.   3 Answers
    • Given a LinkedList, return the value in the middle.   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation for a phone interview. Recruiter told me it would have C++ quiz that would last 30 minutes. Had the phone interview with him, after 5 minutes of going through my resume he began the C++ quiz. 90% of the quiz was on pointers. It took him 30 minutes to figure out how to screen share and it was very difficult to understand him because of his thick accent. He was also very rude when I asked him to repeat the question because I could not understand him.

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

The process took 3+ months, applied through school career fair. I had 1.5 hour phone interview with two people. Interview questions required intuition about the hardware and circuits. Very few questions about my background and research experience.

Interview Questions

• What is DIBL. What happens to this logic when sizing of pull down is different.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I checked the Job info through linked in. One after the application, I received a phone interview with hiring manager. There was nothing special for the phone interview. Although I couldn't be joined, the onsite intervew was pretty basic. However, some preparation should be done before. :)

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Duration : one hour. Question are mostly on VLSI concepts, solid states, resume projects, why are you applying for this job
    on site: Six members(1 HR + 5 team members) Duration: 6 hours

Interview Questions

• on-site interview questions:
      First Round: with HR. This is just a discussion about the position.
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why this company
      Salary expectations
      Do you know anybody in this company
      Tell me about yourself

Second Round:
      1. Find the change in voltage in the bit line while reading in a DRAM cell.
      2. Working of NMOS, like depletion, inversion with diagram
      3. Vt dependence on Vb
      4. DRAM operation
      5. Test program flow ( this is from my internship)
      6. About PVT corners. In the SS, FF, what is "S" what is the meaning.
      Discussed the position.

Third Round:
      1. Explain about structs, virtual functions, polymorphism, operator overloading (C++)
          How do you rate yourself in C/C++
      2. Explain about your internship
      3. UNIX: grep and find commands
      4. Inverter o/p characteristics
      5. DRAM working
      6. Some questions about ATE

Fourth Round:
      1. About my internship
      2. Design a circuit to find if two numbers are equal. Two numbers are 8 bits each.
      3. Two capacitors connected in series. First one is connected to Vdd and the second one to gnd. What is the voltage across the second one?
      4. Find Setup and hold time for the circuit.
          What extra delay should be added to avoid hold violation?
      5. One scenario ATE. How will you solve the problem?
      6. Where do you use SRAM, DRAM. The difference between them.
      7. What are ATE AC and DC parameters?

Fifth Round:
      1. So many questions about internship
      2.Explain set-up time.
      3.Problems of sending fast signals to ATE input.
      4. Explain any one project
      5. Asked me to write a full perl script for one scenario. ( not pseudo code)
      6. How do you rate yourself in C/C++

Sixth Round:
      1. Which project you like most. What is your role. Why did you take that part?
      2. What difficulties did you face? How did you overcome?
      3.Capacitor charge sharing problem
      4. Question on hold time
      5.Why this company
      6.Why this position
      7.What will you bring to the team?
      8. How do you think you are good for this position