Qualcomm Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2016

3.4

SoC Architect Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

First 6 C++ written questions. Followed by interview from 3 people about cache coherency, Network on Chip and page table address translation. This was followed by behavioral questions from two people.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Next was a skype interview where you interview with the people who will be your direct supervisors. After that they transfer you over to there supervisors, where you complete another interview. I was unfortunately not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you would change about our company?   Answer Question

Performance Modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online. The process takes about 3 weeks then have a phone interview. The interview took about 45 mins and mainly about computer architecture questions and c++ skills such as virtual function, inherit.

Interview Questions

• cache replacement policy, prefetcher metric, bus-based cache coherence protocol   Answer Question

SoC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

First 1:1 phone interview, Then an on site interview. In the onsite interview, three technical interviews separately in the morning, then having lunch with manager. In the afternoon, another technical interview and then talked with the manager of the manager.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer did bus connection verification. so he asked about the protocol of ahb and axi. Then he asked how many vip should be used for their verification environment. I didn't understand the question clearly. Because if we want to keep CPU and the code run on real CPU, we don't need to replace these interfaces with VIPs, but if the CPU needs to be replaced, only other slave/master interfaces need to be replaced by VIPs. After he cleared it, what he wanted to do was to replace all the CPU interfaces and other IP interfaces.
      The second interviewer asked 2 questions: 1) how to check the module was reset by reading/writing registers? The premise for this was there was no spec for register. 2) how to check an interrupt was generated? There was a bit in the register for the interrupt signal.
      The third interviewer asked the following questions: 1) virtual memory structure 2) spin lock 3) tomasulo 4) fibonacci generator
      The last technical interviewer asked: 1) shell questions: search a key word in a file and count how many lines contain the key word 2) Perl sort question: user perl to sort a hash with key or with value 3) set environment variable in Perl 4) fibonacci generator 5) there are 2 buckets: 5 litters and 3 litters, how to get 4 litters of water 6) there is a rectangle pie, remove a small rectangle in that large rectangle, after that, use a straight line to cut the pie to get 2 equal areas.
      There was another question I forgot who asked: use SystemVerilog to generate address with the following constraint: 0x0 (mem1), 0x4(mem2), 0x8(mem3), 0xC(mem1), 0x10(mem2), 0x14(mem3) ...
      4 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. The HR scheduled the interview. 1 phone screen for an hour with technical and resume based questions. after 5 days I got onsite interview invitation. 2 technical rounds and lunch with team members and finally a panel interview with 3 team leads. They were shooting questions but they were very friendly. I received a verbal offer 2 days after and was told to wait for 2 weeks for offer letter and after 3 weeks the HR says she doesn't know how long it takes to approve the offer. I am very disappointed. I don't if I have to have hopes still or forget this offer. As they gave a verbal offer I stopped applying for other jobs and was waiting for the joining date. I don't have any other offer in hand and I am shattered. I am very disappointed by the hiring process of a giant company like Qualcomm.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

3 phone screens plus I was to fly out for an all day onsite visit.

My only issue is that it took 90 days for them to process my expense request from the trip they wanted me to fly out for. This is something people might want to be aware of before taking their offer to fly out to be interviewed. It's their standard accounting policy.

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got email to set up a phone interview after 1 month, interview was pretty simple and basic questions about computer architecture like what is a pipeline, what are hazards in the pipeline and stages in the pipeline. How to test 32 bit adder using assembly language. Waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• cpu hazard?
      pipeline?
      stages of pipeline?
      how to test 32 bit adder?
      Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site three weeks later. They were designing their own transaction protocol based on the AMBA AXI/ACE spec. I was fortunate to have studied the same for two months for directed research under a professor. I could tackle AXI questions. Interview went well. Didn't nail it but not too bad. Got a verbal offer three weeks later. Got the formal letter 1.5 weeks after the verbal.

Few details:
    1. Had interview with three panels consisting of 2-4 members each.
    2. Questions on bus architecture, synthesis, protocols, verilog, and certain design problems.
    3. 1 major design question by each panes, takes 15-20 mins to solve; related to logic design--flip-slops, decoders, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the channel in AXI and ACE? What is cache coherency?   Answer Question
    • Design a variable size decoder in Verilog.   1 Answer
    • DDR2 initialization engine synthesis issues (from my resume).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but they denied my request suggesting they have standard packages for New Graduates. However, the pay is higher than the industry standard so not a big issue.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Was very straight forward. easy rounds. Static Timing Analysis, Timing Closure. Synthesis, Clock Tree Synthesis, Floor planning, Place and Route, RTL and netlist synthesis. Questions based on projects, PERL, Clock Tree Distribution, Power and Ground area, Die area

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews - one with the manager, one with an engineer. First interview focused on previous relevant project experience (specific to hardware design projects). Second interview was broader about team projects and other software projects, to show experience. Interviewers were very supportive and shared a lot of information about their work and why they enjoy Qualcomm.