Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

609 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got a phone interview scheduled quickly. After clearing the phone interview within next few days, I received an invite for an onsite interview to meet with the hiring manager/director and the team. The onsite interview was structured into separate 4 rounds of 1:1 discussions about current work profile/experience primarily followed by final HR round. Next day got a confirmation about potential offer.

Interview Questions

• Name 1 project where u met with failure and how you handled it and name 1 project experience where you excelled. Was asked about what value am I going to bring to Qualcomm with my experience outside. Was asked a few questions on supply chain/manufacturing flow in my current project work. after 3 rounds of interviews, 4th interview was a bit relaxed where the hiring manager took me out to a nearby lunch place. Overall very positive experience of being interviewed at Qualcomm.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through online qualcomm career portal and got an email 2 weeks later from HR,saying a staff engineer will call me for a phone technical interview.The phone interview was based on resume and lot of basic Systemverilog(writing assertion and constraints for different stimulus )/Verilog/Digital logic design questions.A week later received another email saying that I was selected for an onsite interview ( scheduled 2 weeks later).At onsite I had six (45-60 min each) one-on-one interviews with staff engineers .They said that result will be emailed two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1)Should be ready to write some logics (C/Verilog/System Verilog) on the spot .
      2)Blocking and Non-Blocking.
      3)Fork/join types and applications.
      4)Test bench architecture blocks.(asked to write a generalized code to implement gen and
            bfm).   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They contacted me two months after I applied online. The first interview was technical which I easily passed. Then I went onsite to give a talk and for further interviews. I did great in the interview and two weeks later I got an email from the HR that I passed the interview and got a pending offer. We even discussed numbers. The HR then stopped responding to my emails. I finally chatted with hiring manager and it turned out that they had given offer to multiple people. Very unprofessional. Qualcomm is taking its path down to a 3rd tier company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general math, signal processing, and machine learning questions.   Answer Question

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was OK, Dealing with HR is horrible. Applied online in Jan, phone screening in Feb, onsite in March
    1. Applied online, a week later email for a phone screening with technical staff.
    There was a major confusion between HR and technical team. HR told me they are not moving with my profile but later I got another interview and asked to come out for onsite.
    2. Onsite interview: I met the HR person briefly and then 4 one on one interview with the team members The next day I had a phone interview with the Sr. Director Engineering since he was out of town. It was an ok experience. Mostly technical questions from my Ph.D. thesis and papers I wrote. I am sure I left a good impression.
    3. I was told that I will hear back in 2 weeks but I did not. I emailed the hiring manager and he got back to me saying they are interviewing others and will let me know soon.
    4. I waited. I haven't heard back until next 4 more weeks and then I emailed hiring manager again. No reply. I emailed HR-, I got the reply saying they selected someone wth more experience for the role. It took them almost 8 weeks after my onsite to tell me the final decison.
    5. Anyways it was an ok experience. They only thing I would like to flag here is how HR handle stuff. Also, the overall interview process can be little faster which I think also depends on the team too.

RF Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview for about 15min -1hr. All questions were related to RF Basics.
    I was called for the onsite in San Jose. The interview was for about 6 hours. The questions were from topics- IM products, Noise Figure, S-Parameters, some questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting programming questions for this RF position. Some questions were sorting, prime numbers   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got an email from Qualcomm at san diego, CA. I told me they will set up phone interview. Then we schedule our interview date via email. I took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• frequency compensation of 2-stage op amp   1 Answer

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a call for phone interview two weeks after I applied.
    Phone interview was 50 minutes long with basic questions about embedded systems and real-time concepts. A couple of days of brush up should see you through this.
    On-site interview had 6 rounds including a lunch interview. Lots of questions on realtime time concepts were asked. Make sure you understand the complete memory layout. Assembly and pseudo codes​ were asked. Questions related to projects (I did) closely aligned with their work were drilled on.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions on my major (DSP/com) were asked, and I was sort of caught off guard. This I believe had a major impact on the result.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR wrote saying the manager would call me in a few days for an interview. The HR did not say if this was an actual interview or to schedule an interview. She did not respond to any enquiries or clarifications (others have written about the rude incompetent HR).
    Turns out this was to schedule an interview but I wasted my time and energy wondering if this was an interview. Shame on HR.

The manager scheduled a phone interview and asked me to answer some (not very well thought out questions about my background).

During the phone interview (1.5 hours) the manager rambled on circumspect about why I had taken time off and programming experience. This is not a very high profile position and the manager was trying to hire someone who had both current hot skills as well as olde 19th century ones that she herself used. She asked if I would interview locally in Silicon Valley before they fly me over to which I promptly agreed.

I never heard back after that. Not a courtesy from either rude hr or the manager herself. I didn't bother to ask either. This interview was the typical scenario where employees don't know much especially with regards to the latest trends but hypocritically set a very high bar for new hires. Didn't lose much sleep over this since I didn't expect to learn anything from anyone there least of all the old mothball of a manager.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

SRAM Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after phone interview, I got an on-site interview. It's a very smooth progress. The first manager I was talking to is in Texas. I went to a conference room and get call from him. After that, it's all 1:1 interviews. Hiring manager took me for lunch and after that, asked several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip Flop setup time, hold time point
      SRAM, one transistor is very weak, what will happened
      With minimal width goes down, what will happen for the circuit design   Answer Question