Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

617 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for phone interview after 2+ months. Had two interviews back to back, the first asked about my experience and related project, technical questions about leakage current and SRAM design, the second asked about detailed technical questions w.r.t circuit design.

Interview Questions

• How temperature influences leakage current?   1 Answer

Import Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week later. They wanted to have a phone interview with me and called back at scheduled time. Process was smooth and simple. Interview questions were general and nothing too surprising. Interview took about 15 minutes.

DDR PHY Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

The interview process comprises of a telephonic phone interview followed by onsite (5 Technical rounds + 1HR round). The technical round is basically conducted by the senior team members along with team lead. It is mostly directed around technical questions pertaining to job description. Interviews last for 45 min each typically and last for the whole day from 10 to 4. The entire process for me was very prompt.

However, the initial phone interview is kind of wierd, they would send you an email specifying that a team member would contact you on your phone in 4-6 days. So you need to be attentive to not miss the call. Once you are done with that, the rest of the process is very streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Signal Integrity Issues in DDR, DDR architecture, STA, Frequency Divider, Perl   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, if you are selected for as a contender, there is a phone interview with a staff member. The next and final round interview was with two group panels. The first interview was a panel of recent interns/ newly hired staff. The second interview was a group panel of the department managers. They each asked questions about prior experiences, whether those were school related or extracurricular activities.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an informal interview with the QCSS team at Qualcomm to determine if I might be a good fit for a possible opening. The first portion of the interview was with current program managers, followed by one-on-one time with the Director of Program Management. In both cases, they were very comfortable discussing the job and answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you enjoy the most about your current job?   Answer Question

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth, organized and conducted in a fair manner. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and invited to an onsite interview, which was a 5 hour long process.

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied Online. Got call from HR after 4/5 days for interview next day. Interview was approximately of 30 mins. Interviewer was nice and to the point. Asked basic Digital Communication and RF wireless system questions. He was polite did not help at all where I was getting stuck. I did not get any mail regarding rejection but I checked my online status on portal of qualcomm showing status 'closed' so I considered it a reject.

Interview Questions

• Niquist theorem, Noise figure, Aliasing, Return Loss, RBW of spectrum analyser, Smith chart, Walsh code, Fourier Transform, IIP3 and some questions on resume.   1 Answer

Wireless Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After two weeks I was contacted by the interviewer for a phone interview. The phone interview took 30min. The process went smoothly. At the beginning I was asked to introduce myself and my research on my resume, then followed by some questions. The interviewer is nice and very knowledgable. At last he gave me some helpful advice. On the next day, I was invited for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about digital communication, probability and random process and signal processing.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR saying engineer from the team will contact to have a phone interview in 3-5 days. Got a Phone interview followed by on site interview. Got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous verification projects and internship experience. Other questions included basic questions on system verilog, verification methodologies and OOP during phone interview. On site interview included writing code in SV and finding bugs as well as explaining possible verification plan for a design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Asked C and C++ questions, including keywords, pointers, code on shared electronic document. An HR person alerts of interest for an interview. The hiring manager sets up phone call. Phone screen is 1 hour.