Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

631 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

On campus interview at UCSD. Roughly an hour long. Talked briefly about items mentioned in my resume and asked some questions getting more of a feel for my character. This portio took maybe ~15-20 minutes. Then he moved onto technical question.

Interview Questions

• Q: given an encoded input string that is in 7-bit ascii rather than 8-bits, decode the buffer string and place into new string containing normal 8-bit ASCII.   Answer Question

Wireless Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Meet with 5 engineers, Techincal questions, focus on wireless system deployment bugs. Real world experience. Some basic wireless systems / programming questions. Questions about the group, other groups, variety of projects.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute behavioral phone interview. I received an e mail asking for relevant time slots. After deciding on a time slot that worked for both me and the interviewer, we had the interview over a phone.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks after, I had a first phone chat with the manager of the team. Then two technical phone interviews the week after.
    A week after that, I received an invitation for an on-site interview (San Diego headquarters).
    A week after, I received an offer

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: mostly question about my background and my projects.
      On-site interviews: also mostly about my projects.

Other than that:
      - the distance between a plan and a point
      - how to reduce power consumption   Answer Question

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.

Camera Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which was very basic. Based on resume.
    I was called on site in the next few days. The on-site was 5 rounds based on various topics such as SV,Assertions, Constraints, Verilog designing.

Interview Questions

• Discussed C++ Pointers. I was not expecting that topic. Also, Async Fifos, Dynamic Arrays in SV.   Answer Question

H W Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Someone from the H.R. contacted me with the position details and a couple of hours later the interviewer contacted me with a couple of time slot options for the phone interview. The phone interview went really well, and said it would take a week for some to contact me with the next step. I followed up after a week, but the H.R. was very unresponsive to my emails and about 10 after the initial phone interview said there is an on-site request. I haven't received any e-mail after the interaction with the H.R. rep and had to follow up with him/her and came to know that that there was no on-site request but there would be another phone interview by the team. I followed up with the HR after 5 days to ask if the position is still open to which I was said yes and said a person from the team would contact me to schedule the interview. A day after the second round of interview is scheduled, the team member calls up and says the position has been cancelled. I felt really disappointed about the whole process and the lack of coherency in the team and a very unresponsive HR who could not act as the bridge. I had to cancel a doctors appointment for the interview and they just simply called up and said they want to cancel the interview. It took me a couple of days to come back to my regular routing. I felt this was really unprofessional.

Image/Camera Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds in total, 45 mins per round. Have lunch during the interview. Interviewers are pretty nice but the questions are pretty tricky.......There are several other candidates around .

Interview Questions

• Systemverilog, UVM, prime number generation, FSMs   1 Answer