Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions

Financial Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a relaxed interview over the phone. We had exchanged emails prior to the interview to set up a time and it lasted no longer than 25 minutes. Most of the interview was about my coursework and how I work on group projects, as well as what type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to work on a group project, what were the challenges you faced and how did you handle them?

Walk me through your resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the company. Got an invitation for phone interview. I was asked to solve programming questions in C/C++. Later, i got invite to attend the onsite interview. Overall i had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Ist round involved C/C++ simple programming questions. Second round on multi threading and assembly program. Other rounds focused on designing related questions.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got a phone interview scheduled quickly. After clearing the phone interview within next few days, I received an invite for an onsite interview to meet with the hiring manager/director and the team. The onsite interview was structured into separate 4 rounds of 1:1 discussions about current work profile/experience primarily followed by final HR round. Next day got a confirmation about potential offer.

Interview Questions

• Name 1 project where u met with failure and how you handled it and name 1 project experience where you excelled. Was asked about what value am I going to bring to Qualcomm with my experience outside. Was asked a few questions on supply chain/manufacturing flow in my current project work. after 3 rounds of interviews, 4th interview was a bit relaxed where the hiring manager took me out to a nearby lunch place. Overall very positive experience of being interviewed at Qualcomm.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got an email from Qualcomm at san diego, CA. I told me they will set up phone interview. Then we schedule our interview date via email. I took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• frequency compensation of 2-stage op amp   1 Answer

RF Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview for about 15min -1hr. All questions were related to RF Basics.
    I was called for the onsite in San Jose. The interview was for about 6 hours. The questions were from topics- IM products, Noise Figure, S-Parameters, some questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting programming questions for this RF position. Some questions were sorting, prime numbers   1 Answer

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a call for phone interview two weeks after I applied.
    Phone interview was 50 minutes long with basic questions about embedded systems and real-time concepts. A couple of days of brush up should see you through this.
    On-site interview had 6 rounds including a lunch interview. Lots of questions on realtime time concepts were asked. Make sure you understand the complete memory layout. Assembly and pseudo codes​ were asked. Questions related to projects (I did) closely aligned with their work were drilled on.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions on my major (DSP/com) were asked, and I was sort of caught off guard. This I believe had a major impact on the result.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR wrote saying the manager would call me in a few days for an interview. The HR did not say if this was an actual interview or to schedule an interview. She did not respond to any enquiries or clarifications (others have written about the rude incompetent HR).
    Turns out this was to schedule an interview but I wasted my time and energy wondering if this was an interview. Shame on HR.

The manager scheduled a phone interview and asked me to answer some (not very well thought out questions about my background).

During the phone interview (1.5 hours) the manager rambled on circumspect about why I had taken time off and programming experience. This is not a very high profile position and the manager was trying to hire someone who had both current hot skills as well as olde 19th century ones that she herself used. She asked if I would interview locally in Silicon Valley before they fly me over to which I promptly agreed.

I never heard back after that. Not a courtesy from either rude hr or the manager herself. I didn't bother to ask either. This interview was the typical scenario where employees don't know much especially with regards to the latest trends but hypocritically set a very high bar for new hires. Didn't lose much sleep over this since I didn't expect to learn anything from anyone there least of all the old mothball of a manager.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.