Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

622 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.

Camera Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which was very basic. Based on resume.
    I was called on site in the next few days. The on-site was 5 rounds based on various topics such as SV,Assertions, Constraints, Verilog designing.

Interview Questions

• Discussed C++ Pointers. I was not expecting that topic. Also, Async Fifos, Dynamic Arrays in SV.   Answer Question

Image/Camera Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds in total, 45 mins per round. Have lunch during the interview. Interviewers are pretty nice but the questions are pretty tricky.......There are several other candidates around .

Interview Questions

• Systemverilog, UVM, prime number generation, FSMs   1 Answer

H W Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Someone from the H.R. contacted me with the position details and a couple of hours later the interviewer contacted me with a couple of time slot options for the phone interview. The phone interview went really well, and said it would take a week for some to contact me with the next step. I followed up after a week, but the H.R. was very unresponsive to my emails and about 10 after the initial phone interview said there is an on-site request. I haven't received any e-mail after the interaction with the H.R. rep and had to follow up with him/her and came to know that that there was no on-site request but there would be another phone interview by the team. I followed up with the HR after 5 days to ask if the position is still open to which I was said yes and said a person from the team would contact me to schedule the interview. A day after the second round of interview is scheduled, the team member calls up and says the position has been cancelled. I felt really disappointed about the whole process and the lack of coherency in the team and a very unresponsive HR who could not act as the bridge. I had to cancel a doctors appointment for the interview and they just simply called up and said they want to cancel the interview. It took me a couple of days to come back to my regular routing. I felt this was really unprofessional.

Wireless ASIC Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

got the phone interview through email from their HR. phone interview lasted for about 30 min. ask stuff like OOP, computer architecture, algorithm complexity, simple hw and ask about your test plan.

Interview Questions

• describe what is virtual function. and difference between that and pure virtual function?   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. First, someone from HR contacted me via email and arranged a call with hiring manager to go through basic skills that were mentioned in the job description. It was very friendly and short (10 min) phone call.

Then they contacted me again for the couple of phone interviews. It was a technical phone interview. I already knew the name and the title of the interviewer. The interviewer called me on time, and after very short introduction, he directly jumped through my resume and asked me some questions about the projects that I had mentioned in my job experience section. It took 30 min, and then I asked some preliminary questions about the type of algorithms that they are using in this position. After these technical interviews, I have been called to San Diego for onsite interview where I had back to back 7 interviews for 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from my resume. Explain the criterion of choosing particular machine learning algorithm for the problems which I was trying to solve . Questions on deep learning algorithms and natural language processing. Questions were all about the different deep learning algorithm, like Autoencoder, seq2seq model, LSTM, CNN. The interviewer was interesting to know how I implemented the algorithms, what type of data set (numerical or text-based) data that I used, and the evaluation metric I used for my project.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview about 30 minutes. Technical overview: going through resume, understanding product qualification process, tester experience etc. Received an invite for onsite interview later that week. The in person interview was setup for 2 weeks later. Met with 5 different engineers of all levels (sr. to director).

Interview Questions

• Got asked:

- Continuity testing methodology
      - MBIST pattern (how to setup )
      - scan pattern
      - ESD/LU
      - CMOS cross section
      - process corners
      - how to make a design faster or slower ( smaller gate oxide thickness = faster process)
      - PCM data (how many zones and know some parameters)
      - Vout/Vin curve for CMOS/Idsat curve
      - Review Failure Analysis (when to do which method)   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions   Answer Question