Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

606 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

2 telephonic interviews

Interview Questions

• Everything was related to projects and work on resume.   1 Answer

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Received the onsite interview request after the phone interview. The onsite process includes 6 rounds.

Technical interviewers were easy going, they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. Asked about hardware test related questions, include what to test, how to test, what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.), basic C++ or C#

HR interview was very nice, introduced the company and its benefits, very few behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about problems one may see in practical testing, and how to debug the problem. They want to see how you think about the problem if you don't have experience.   1 Answer

RF Software Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

After a friend's reference, it took them about 1 week to schedule a phone interview with me. The phone interview is most about OS(process, deadlock, thread), real-time system and some basic C concepts. They also asked about my past project experiences.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Recruitment was fine, friendly and set up the process. Onsite for three interviews in total. Interview with panel of peers was most difficult, they were clearly testing the waters. I appreciated my interviews with the Directors much more than the consultant level employees. Excellent casual work culture, enjoyed the experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews, about 30 minutes each. Most of it was spent answering coding questions and others were spent getting to know the person on the other side of the phone. An in person interview with an Engineering Staff Project Manager. Very pleasant overall.

Interview Questions

• Forgot.. this was two years ago. Some questions were the same as the one's posted on glassdoor though.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Email, 4 phone interviews - basic C/OS/OOP fundamentals, networking questions, famous little endian big endian question and resume based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Here were the questions that were asked:
    1. Linked List - how to traverse through the linked
    2. Linked List - how to delete a node in the linked List
    3. Given a 1024x768 square, how do know which pixels are black and which pixels are white.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had a prior internship with Qualcomm. Within 2 months of the end of my internship, Qualcomm notified me that I was selected for a full-time hire. They performed a background check (no drug test) and let my previous experience speak for itself. To my knowledge, Qualcomm is great at rolling over interns. They trust in their initial recruitment and ask the majority of their interns to come back as long as their exit interview was satisfactory.

The exit interview at the end of the internship is a discussion with your manager. They provide feedback on your performance and you have the chance to ask any questions, similar to a one-on-one.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.

The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"

This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.

Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.   8 Answers