Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an informal interview with the QCSS team at Qualcomm to determine if I might be a good fit for a possible opening. The first portion of the interview was with current program managers, followed by one-on-one time with the Director of Program Management. In both cases, they were very comfortable discussing the job and answering all my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you enjoy the most about your current job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I Applied thru company website in August 2016 and got an email from HR couple weeks later to schedule for the phone interview. The interview last around 20 minutes mostly for behavioral questions.

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a call for phone interview two weeks after I applied.
    Phone interview was 50 minutes long with basic questions about embedded systems and real-time concepts. A couple of days of brush up should see you through this.
    On-site interview had 6 rounds including a lunch interview. Lots of questions on realtime time concepts were asked. Make sure you understand the complete memory layout. Assembly and pseudo codes​ were asked. Questions related to projects (I did) closely aligned with their work were drilled on.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions on my major (DSP/com) were asked, and I was sort of caught off guard. This I believe had a major impact on the result.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

You will meet the HR first and s/he will ask you some general question related your work experience and expected salaries. Then the HR will give a agenda for today's interview process. You will be brought to the first interviewer to start the interview...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?
      Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions
      Answer Question

RF Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview for about 15min -1hr. All questions were related to RF Basics.
    I was called for the onsite in San Jose. The interview was for about 6 hours. The questions were from topics- IM products, Noise Figure, S-Parameters, some questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting programming questions for this RF position. Some questions were sorting, prime numbers   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was phone interview, and then on -site. There were 5 engineers. It has been more than three weekes i am waiting for their response. HR does not reply, and there is no way to know the status of the interview! They were supposed to inform by 2 weeks.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation for a phone interview. Recruiter told me it would have C++ quiz that would last 30 minutes. Had the phone interview with him, after 5 minutes of going through my resume he began the C++ quiz. 90% of the quiz was on pointers. It took him 30 minutes to figure out how to screen share and it was very difficult to understand him because of his thick accent. He was also very rude when I asked him to repeat the question because I could not understand him.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

the interview is quite team dependent. unlike web companies, leetcode/lintcode is 100% required. QCOM want you to match the team requirements directly. The best way is to contact your friends in the team then you got focus of that team. Otherwise, it is very hard to get offer since interview questions are quite diversified.