Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

619 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was extremely slow and less friendly than I would have expected.

The interview process was unorganized.

My flight into San Diego was so late that I didn't get a full night's sleep before the interview (Qualcomm bought my plane tickets). The hotel Qualcomm booked for me was also not very good. I had never experienced anything like this before.

I'm told that it takes 90 days to get reimbursed for travel expenses, and if I move within these 90 days, I need to have my mail forwarded in order to get reimbursed.

Some interviewers were late, one didn't show up at all. Only one interviewer had prepared questions for me. Others simply asked questions regarding bullets on my resume.

I did get an offer. It was lower than two other offers I was given.

Interview Questions

• Perform a simple impedance match between two impedances.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral for the Early Identification Program. They flew me out to a diversity conference in San Diego, asked me some questions, and had me participate in a hackathon. I received an answer in the same month I interviewed. The process was very laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string in Java?   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted array of length 100, it is filled with numbers from 0-100 inclusive. Assuming that no numbers repeat, what is the best way to find the missing number?   1 Answer
    • How would you reverse an array in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are given 9 gold coins and a seesaw scale. One of the coins is counterfeit and weighs less than the other coins. What is the least amount of times you can use the scale to find the counterfeit coin?   1 Answer

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Duration : one hour. Question are mostly on VLSI concepts, solid states, resume projects, why are you applying for this job
    on site: Six members(1 HR + 5 team members) Duration: 6 hours

Interview Questions

• on-site interview questions:
      First Round: with HR. This is just a discussion about the position.
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why this company
      Salary expectations
      Do you know anybody in this company
      Tell me about yourself

Second Round:
      1. Find the change in voltage in the bit line while reading in a DRAM cell.
      2. Working of NMOS, like depletion, inversion with diagram
      3. Vt dependence on Vb
      4. DRAM operation
      5. Test program flow ( this is from my internship)
      6. About PVT corners. In the SS, FF, what is "S" what is the meaning.
      Discussed the position.

Third Round:
      1. Explain about structs, virtual functions, polymorphism, operator overloading (C++)
          How do you rate yourself in C/C++
      2. Explain about your internship
      3. UNIX: grep and find commands
      4. Inverter o/p characteristics
      5. DRAM working
      6. Some questions about ATE

Fourth Round:
      1. About my internship
      2. Design a circuit to find if two numbers are equal. Two numbers are 8 bits each.
      3. Two capacitors connected in series. First one is connected to Vdd and the second one to gnd. What is the voltage across the second one?
      4. Find Setup and hold time for the circuit.
          What extra delay should be added to avoid hold violation?
      5. One scenario ATE. How will you solve the problem?
      6. Where do you use SRAM, DRAM. The difference between them.
      7. What are ATE AC and DC parameters?

Fifth Round:
      1. So many questions about internship
      2.Explain set-up time.
      3.Problems of sending fast signals to ATE input.
      4. Explain any one project
      5. Asked me to write a full perl script for one scenario. ( not pseudo code)
      6. How do you rate yourself in C/C++

Sixth Round:
      1. Which project you like most. What is your role. Why did you take that part?
      2. What difficulties did you face? How did you overcome?
      3.Capacitor charge sharing problem
      4. Question on hold time
      5.Why this company
      6.Why this position
      7.What will you bring to the team?
      8. How do you think you are good for this position
      9. What are the advantages of 7nm (from resume)   Answer Question

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews. HR arranged them to be consecutive for me, lasting an hour and a half in total, 45 minutes each. Basically talked about resumes and personal area of interests and ask questions while talking through. Questions are pretty random and are used to test the overall background of the candidate. Not many questions are related directly to the internship position I am applying for. My suggestion would be really focus on fundamental circuit design concepts, tradeoffs, know what you are doing in every step of the design process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by a large team over the course of around 3 hours, with two people interviewing me at a time. Talked about my experience and was given some programming challenges. Atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and was overall an enjoyable experience. Most of the interview was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• They had me solve some coding challenges from popular websites.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Phone Interview for embedded sw engineer, then after 1 week scheduled the interview call. interview started on time. interview was on C, OS, Algorithm.
    Cache Memory Concept
    Review x++

Interview Questions

• Find the comman node in given two Linklist, Optimize code and reduce time complexity.
      Cache Memory Concept
      Review x++   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation for a phone interview. Recruiter told me it would have C++ quiz that would last 30 minutes. Had the phone interview with him, after 5 minutes of going through my resume he began the C++ quiz. 90% of the quiz was on pointers. It took him 30 minutes to figure out how to screen share and it was very difficult to understand him because of his thick accent. He was also very rude when I asked him to repeat the question because I could not understand him.

Software Engineer LTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. The interviewer asked me basic questions related to OS and C programming. He also asked me question relevant to my academic background and experience.

Interview Questions

• What are Static variables, extern, multithreading, cache memory,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer

Onsite:
      4 technical, 1 director lunch, 1HR
      Round1
      All previous projects in details.
      C programming:
      Sort an integer array. Time Complexity.

Round2
      Projects in detail.
      Programming: Binary Tree inorder Traversal.
      Stack overflow

13) Memory corruption
      14) Deadlock
      Programming
      1) Output numbers of 1 in an integer
      2) Given a number, if it is fibonacci number, output true, else false.
      Round4
      6) Stack vs heap
      7) Memory map
      Programming:
      1)Reverse Bits of an unsigned 16-bit integer
      2)All non-negative integers. First Array is missing a number to form the second array (the missing number is replaced by 0). And then shuffle the second array. Try to find the missing number.

Lunch interview:
      Just check my background and then chat:)

HR:
      Ask basic questions about background, start time, visa, salary expectation
      Talk about Qualcomm employee’s benefits package.
      Ask questions if you have.
      Just casual talk:)   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1. Applied online and I got a mail within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview.
    2. During the phone interview, it was all about resume based questions with respect to job description. This was an easy round. After 1 week, I got a mail to set up on site interview.
    3. During on site interview you meet 6-8 people through out the day. During my interview they were searching candidate for S/W or H/W profile based on the interview outcome.
    4. For HW profile, they asked me about RF front end, eye diagram, BER, filtering concepts, spectrum analyzer, radio interference, RF test equipment, etc ( these were the job requirements).

Interview Questions

• What is an eye diagram and how is related to filtering?   1 Answer