Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Modem ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 2 round, 1st telephonic and 2nd on-site interview with 5 team members. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview and sent me job description. After scheduling, got a call and the interview lasted for about 45-50 min. Interviewer asked various design questions, timing questions, setup time, hold time, synthesis flow, input/output delay etc. After all the questions I asked interviewer about the position in detail and interviewer told the position would focus on front-end ASIC designing, synthesis, timing analysis as indicated by the job description.

After a week, I was contacted for further interview(onsite) by HR and again provided me with the job description details (Design). I went to the office and started with the interview. The first interviewer asked me some verification questions and oops concept. I was surprised. Later, I was told that I am being interviewed for a design verification position. All the further rounds had verification questions and some design questions. They asked OOPS concepts, system verilog, assertions, arrays, test plans, AMBA Buses etc.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter through email once got shortlisted. Hiring manager reached out for 30min phone interview. Flew to San Diego for an full day on site interview. Met all team members and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with recruiter over the phone

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. One month later I had phone interview invitation, following onsite interview. The engineers asked technical questions related to wireless communications, probability theory and my previous projects. Since I am recent PhD graduate, they want me to make a 1 hour presentation to the team in the morning before one-to-one interviews start.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability questions, multi access transmission schemes.   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It began with a basic telephonic interview discussing my resume. The interviewer told me that I would be called for an onsite interview with technical team. The onsite interview was setup within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume based questions focusing on my Analog design background with few excerpts from their sides in form of basic digital and analog circuitry questions.   Answer Question

Senior Network Integration and Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Send resume via surface male. Took 4 weeks to get phone interview. HR specified 4 different parsons to interview for 30 minutes during the week. 5th person contacted without HR approval and requested an interview. During an interview process I found that the actual position is not exist. They are just looking for talents. It was a waste of my time. I also found that Engineering jobs were outsourced to China and a lot of American employees were effected by layoff.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied in their website and had a phone call after 2 weeks. Then followed by onsite interview. Except hiring manager all other interviewers ( yes all 4 of them) were wondered how could I come this level and they were keep asking how I get this resume inside the company..etc . I can clearly see that they wanted to bring one of their friends and not happy to see me onsite. I can see a typical racism and I was so annoyed by these questions. I am very surprised company like Qualcomm supports this kind of behavior. They only wanted Chinese /Korean guys in their group and do not want any other people. I am sure the guy got selected for this position is either Korean or Chinese.

Product and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was on-phone, involved resume based Questions, basic CMOS and testing questions. Next Round was on-site, involved meeting 5 engineers (45 mins per person) all from your future team. Questions are pretty much related to the profile (CMOS, Analog, DSP, Testing, ASIC).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR email; notified that I would get a call from internal team in 3-5 business days. Got an email from the hiring manager to setup an 45 minutes phone interview and I was notified to have access to PC for collaborative problem solving (software) . The manager was very polite, helpful. The first 15 minutes were to talk about my project and experience. Then we moved on to the coding snippets. I was asked about pointers, functions including how it would work under the hood - stack, heap behaviors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3-4 coding snippets and questions related to static, pass by reference/value, pointers, heap and stack memory allocations. function calls, data types. Implement a function body for a multiplier without any multiplication operation (also to improve my solution in terms of performance)   1 Answer

Inclusion & Diversity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied for this position in early March, nearly two months went by and then I received an email from the hiring manager asking if I was still interested and sorry for the delay due to a reorg. This was fine and happy to chat, we set up a call and spoke for an hour 1:1. We had a very pleasant call which resulted in an invitation to fly to San Diego and meet with more members of the HR team. I was happy to make the trip and paid all my own expenses. I had 7 hours of interviews and met with 8 people across Human Resources. Every single conversation was great and complimented my experience and ideas. I felt very good about the day and conversations. The following week I received a standard language rejection email from staffing. Considering I had a great conversations with the entire team I requested a brief phone call for specific verbal feedback since my experience was so positive. My request was rejected and was told it is policy to not give feedback. For as involved as this was, I was surprised and disappointed there was no interest to discuss. I emailed the hiring manager to ask if he would be willing to discuss; no response. Therefore, I'm marking the interview process as negative for Qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• None of the interviews were structured, they were very conversational which was nice.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was a long process. The agency gave me a rate initially, and after the interview they offered 70% of the initial rate. I could negotiate to 76%. It was horrible. Careful with the Indian agency recruiters. The interview with the Qualcomm employees were ordinary.

Interview Questions

• - How is the Bachelor Degree in your country compared to the one in US? (Note: I also have a MBA degree from a US State University, and 10+ years of experience working as full time employee for Fortune 500 companies, All of them that have done a background check on me)
      - Why did you come to the US?
      - What did you do after you graduated?
      - Tell me about your first job (not in the resume) ( I have past 12 years in my resume).
      - Create count/sum formulas in excel
      - How to enter dependency in Microsoft project
      - What do you do handle there is a deadline, urgent request for the next day and you can't get response from the Engineer Leads.
      - Per company policy there should be only a 30 minutes with this Line Manager, he hold me for 2 hours. He kept asking if ok to continue with the interview.
      Answer Question