Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.3

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager set up the interview. Had a telephonic and got an onsite the next day. They asked me to fly in as soon as possible. Interview process was good with design questions, CDC, logic design etc. I got good reviews during the interview and I gave most of the answer correct.

After that there was no communication, and later on I heard that they had already sent an offer letter to someone else before they interviewed me. This was a complete waste of candidate's time and QC's money. I hope they at least provide the feedback to make it worth my travel.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First phone interview, then onsite interview. I interviewed with five staff separately in the company. It took almost 6 hours. I answered almost all of the interview questions. But at the end I guess they were not sure about the task they would employ for the position. They asked me to write a few codes for ordering numbers on the board.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of questions about machine learning and computer vision. Some of them are basic and some of them are very in detail.   Answer Question

Analog IC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me and all the questions are technical questions. Last for 45mins. The whole schedule process is slow and you need to be patient. The phone interview focused on basic knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How to design a current mirror   1 Answer

Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me through email that someone will conduct a phone interview in the next 3-5 business day. After the 3-5 business day no one contacted me so I emailed HR back and they said they will send a reminder to the team. The following day someone from the team contacted me to set up a phone interview time.

The phone interview consisted of 4 technical questions with no questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• 1. MIMO Systems- explain the benefits of 2Tx/1RX vs 1Tx/2Rx

2. 10 wires with each having 2 ends are inside a bag. 2 ends can be connected to form 1 notch. The total number of possible notices are 1 to 10. Find the expected value of possible number of notches. Explain the process.

3. Given a PDF with an exponential distribution of lambda(e^-lambda x) explain how to find lambda given ten independent observation points.

4. given a complex system of -1 to +1 KHz, determine the Nyquist rate and what under what conditions will aliasing occur. If the bandwidth was triangular shaped, what will the resulting shape be when Fs is 2 KHz.

Wlan Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 6 one-on-one onsite interviews. It mostly involved whiteboard coding. Problems about linked list operations, bit manipulations etc. Should have knowledge about networks and wireless protocols.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic networking protocols, linked lists, bit manipulation, Operating Systems, wireless protocols.   1 Answer

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The location is Santa Clara, CA. Not in San Diego.
    The interview process took about 4 hours with 5 interviewers.
    Four of them are professional except one, who arrogantly made me feel uncomfortable.
    The questions ranged from algorithm, implementation to timing closure.
    Basically it covered the complete design flow from frontend to backend.

Interview Questions

• How to plot Square-root of i with polar coordinate
      Filter implementation question
      Clock gating problems: five pieces of verilog code to identify if the logic will be clock-gated
      CTS timing closure question

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There were 2 Technical Phone Interview, and one HR interview.
    Interview focus mainly on the technical skills and aptitude. Each interview lasted for 1 hour and the person who interviewed was very senior. HR interview was mostly about behavioral questions and lasted just 30 minutes. I got the result in 2 weeks after that and I accepted the offer as Qualcomm is such a great workplace.

Entry Level WLAN Software Engineer_Qualcomm Atheros SAN Jose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First Round was telephonic by Manager which includes following Questions :
    1) Use of Static type in C &C++ (static Variable, Static Function)
    2) What work we can do in C++ that we cannot do in C?
    3) Difference between struct and class in terms of Data members as well as Function members?
    4)) Difference between TCP and UDP?
    5) Flow control mechanism in TCP? (Like windowing, etc)
    6) What do u learn in wireless communications course?
    7) What is 802.11 a/b/c/ad?
    8) Tell me about yourself

Got Selected for next round onsite interview at San jose:Each Interviewed for 45 Mins

1) Round 1-Lunch Interview followed by couple of questions related to past experience, any job offer, how much experience in C, how do you rate yourself in C,Given on sheet some code on pointer in C to find its output, projects( how do u consider latency )
    2) Round 2- asked about resume, White board coding on C i.e given code on pointers in C to find its output and write code to find endianness of machine whether little endian or big endian,OSI Model network layers with each example of protocols, Data link layer format(In MAC header format what does address 1,2,3 indicate),Diff TCP Vs UDP,Connection oriented Vs Connectionless, Explain Memory according to static,global,register,extern variables, Difference between Macro and Function, What is virtual memory, what is task of preprocessor and compiler
    3) Round 3- Given 4 codes function on sheet of paper to write.
    1) find bug in code output on pointer on C
    2) Count number of set bits in integer number
    3) find endianness of machine whether little endian or big endian
    4) Convert Big endian to little endian
    5) How to stop stack getting overflow
    6) Does endianness matter for programmers?
    7) What is byte order in terms of endianness for the networks?ans:i.e big endian called network byte order
    8) What do u know about Atheros
    4) Round 4- On resume what do u study in Wireless communication and Mobile Wireless networks courses, projects, Explain WLAN in brief, difference between malloc Vs calloc,What is realloc,free?Stack Vs heap, Write C code function to reverse bits of number, Count number of Set bits in number
    5) Round 5- On resume projects, Write C code function to Count Number of Set bits in number, Reverse string, which sorting algorithm you will use?
    6) Round 6- On resume projects, write C Code function to reverse bits of number, Count number of Set bits in number, write macro to return 1 if number is greater than other.Ans:#define max(a, b) (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b))

Interview Questions

• Use of Static type in C &C++ (static Variable, Static Function)
      2) What work we can do in C++ that we cannot do in C?
      4)) Difference between TCP and UDP?
      5) Flow control mechanism in TCP? (Like windowing, etc)
      6) What do u learn in wireless communications course?
      7) What is 802.11 a/b/c/ad?

Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty neat. It took place in Qualcomm atheros campus at San Jose. The interview wass for 3.5hrs and it consists of 4 technical (45mins each) and 1 HR round (15mins). The questions were pretty damn straight which involved project related questions, programming and some general quesstions.