Qualcomm Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview

The interview had six round totally. First one was telephonic. After which there was 1 full day of interview. After that there was a follow-up HR Interview. Most of the questions in the technical ground were based on previous project experience. Since they were looking for a candidate who has that experience, most of the questions that I got were based on that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Operations Management Team. Also, featured a panel interview with team I'd be joining. The process was spread over 2 days with a 1 hour interview on the third day with my hiring manager. Questions spanned a range of topics from my approach to current problems to technical questions relation to engineering background of manufacturing processes. On balance, the interviewers presented fair questions. I was also able to pose my own questions establish clear expectations for the new role.

Interview Questions

• How will you apply learning and experiences from your past role to this new opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

One on one interviews with the manager and other engineers. There is no company wide process to guide interviewers. It depends on the group and the interviewers who typically tend to focus on questions based on their own experience which more often than not rules out candidates with excellent transferable skills.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Standard questions on C, linked list etc. Very easy compared to likes of GOOG etc. Basics of programming such as Ritchie's classic should do.Reverse a linked list. How would you debug memory corruption ? How would you avoid deadlock ? Reverse a string. Count duplicates in a string.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which lasted 45 minutes. Answered many tech questions. Was emailed a problem and asked to send back an implementation of the solution during the phone screen. Needed to be in front of a workstation during the phone screen.
    The onsite interview is as follows: 6 interviewers in all: 2 managers, 4 peers. Mostly technical questions on communication theories, embedded systems and SW data structure questions. Worked thru some problem solutions on the white board. Some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Find a pattern in a string w/o using the language library.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

COre technology, specific to what you know, more detailed w.r.t to the projects you have worked on.
    Not much behavioral stuff, More practical issue, technical details. Interviewers were friendly and helpful and gave hints when things are goind out of context

Interview Questions

• More in to technology specific, rather than puzzles and general OS and data structure related   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard 5 hour long interviews. Mostly Technical questions. First phone interview, then they fly the candidate for onsite interview. Starts with 30 mins HR interview followed by technical interviews. Provides lunch. The interviewers are pretty knowledgeable.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview

Very rigorous (just like any large leading tech organization). It lasted 2 days for me and a total of about 8 hours. Interview is usually with all the directors of the business unit under which the candidate is interviewing. You need to do well with all the directors to make it through in most cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

very well structured, upfront

Interview Questions

• how much salary do you want   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone screen (there may be multiple depending on your impact on the first one). If we like you, then we will call you in for an on-site interview. For experienced positions, you will generally interview with 4-5 people from the same group. If you are a new grad, it will likely be across groups. Each interview is 45 min with time for you to ask questions. General structure is 15 min talking about the company/position/group/technology; 15 minutes about you and your background/experience; 15 minutes of technical questions and programming questions. Once the interview is complete, you will get feedback from HR and if you are offered a position, it will proceed with the offer details/negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Some weaknesses that you wish to improve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bonus is negotiable. Options are probably negotiable. Vacation is not. Start date is. Salary is negotiable within the range and experience of existing engineers at your level.