Qualcomm Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
    most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
     asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions

• How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical call with recruiter, then a technical screen, then an onsite with 4-5, 1 hour sessions. On site was with 3 engineers, a principle engineer and a director. they asked typical coding questions and general knowledge tests. The technical parts were fine. Dealing with HR and the recruiters was insanely painful. HR is absolutely terrible and do not want to communicate anything, respond to emails, etc.

Interview Questions

• String library coding questions. Puzzle solving questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process consists of two steps - phone screening and on-site interview. Phone screen was performed by two people and each session was 30 mins long. Primary objective of phone screen was resume review and verifying whether the person knows what they claim on their resume. Phone screen was done by engineers and all their questions were pertaining to my resume only.

Onsite interview process started with the HR email asking for possible interview dates. Once the dates are finalized the travel arrangements are managed by Balboa travels and they help book accommodation, rental car and flight tickets.

The on-site interview started with HR representative. Basically discussed about my resume, salary expectations and relocation assistance. This was followed by interviews by folks from management level - Director or Senior Director. Discussion was primarily about cellular communication and the difficulties in designing software for cellular base station. This was followed by a lunch break which was handled by an engineer. He talked to me about how a day looks like in Qualcomm and explained about the various perks offered by the company. After lunch i had two intensive technical interview session. All questions were about C programming and embedded software design. Emphasis was on function pointers and writing code with minimal memory footprint.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to sorting - stable or unstable sorting.   1 Answer

The start date required by the team was well before my course completion date.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

As long as you have relevant experience in C/C++ and/or telecom domain, you should get a call. There is usually 1-2 telephonic interview rounds, followed by an onsite interview, where you can expect anywhere from 5-7 rounds of face-to-face interviews.

In the telephonic round, they go over your resume and ask the projects you have done based on your resume. This should not be too hard. They may also ask some personality based questions, like how would you respond to a particular situation etc.

In the onsite interview, they take all candidates to a HR building, where you'll be briefed about the entire interview process by a HR person. And then they would take you in a cab to the interviewer's office. There they'll ask you to answer technical questions on a white board. There might also be a

Then, if all is well, you'll get a call from the HR informing you about the good news!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on C++ (function pointers, void pointers, pointer specific errors, memory management, socket programming, TCP/IP, socket programming, bitwise operators etc.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, then 2 weeks later, an invitation for an onsite interview (2 weeks after that) for all of QCT SW department, to be considered for all open positions (about 80 at the time). Interview onsite with HR, then 6 engineers, one of whom was a director.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty easy. A few of them asked the same question: Write C code to compute fibonacci series.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

This took several weeks to complete. Qualcomm reached out to me for a position I had applied for three months earlier. After a phone screening I was invited to an all-day onsite interview. Unfortunately, being Summer, rounding up all the participants was hard due to vacations.

It was three weeks before I had my onsite meeting. It was another 2 weeks until I got the results.

Aside from the time issue, it was a very good interview process. I enjoyed all the individuals, and got a favorable review according to the HR rep. Unfortunately another applicant had more direct experience than I did.

Interview Questions

• Write a routine to find the square root of a number. Then make it faster.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

the interview took 45 minutes and was focused on resume and basics

Interview Questions

• what is a volatile keyword   1 Answer
    • if the chance of winning first game is 10%, second is 15% and third is 45%, what is the probabilty of winning three matches   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Most questions were on C++ . Some questions were tricky

Interview Questions

• The question was related to binary tree. Do not remember details, was a while ago, but remember that it was very difficult to answer unless you have seen the solution.   Answer Question