Qualcomm Senior Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Senior Staff Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The location is Santa Clara, CA. Not in San Diego.
The interview process took about 4 hours with 5 interviewers.
Four of them are professional except one, who arrogantly made me feel uncomfortable.
The questions ranged from algorithm, implementation to timing closure.
Basically it covered the complete design flow from frontend to backend.

Interview Questions

• How to plot Square-root of i with polar coordinate
    Filter implementation question
    Clock gating problems: five pieces of verilog code to identify if the logic will be clock-gated
    CTS timing closure question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Appied online. Met 5 interviewers. Kind. Got offer and completed whole process in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not so much. a little bit trimming

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Write the shortest String Copy function ?

Interview Questions

• Whats is Stack overflow attack??...then he gave me a scenario where there was a open source code at a server and you have your piece of code at that server. You as a client are allowed to invoke a method which takes in a array as a parameter which is not checked for overflow validation. I had to induce a buffer overflow attack and make the method to pass control to my piece of code in the server.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

A panel of 9 people interviewed me. So we had more of group interview Later this was followed by 1:1 interview concentrating on differnt aspects of design, verification and concept understanding.

Interview Questions

• Explain what will you do if there is a bug in silicon. What are the things you will check first   1 Answer
    • Sequence detectors, ECO implementation   Answer Question

Got an equally good offer from competitor.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interviews and 1 with the team director on the same day. Received a call within a week from HR that I would be given an offer. Received an offer 2 weeks after the first call from HR as there was some pre-negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Plot characteristics of V-T graphs; overall methodology to improve test time, some basic scripting questions   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Converted to full-time from contract.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview

Initial communication is via phone interview. This went very well.
    The interview process, setting up, travel, etc was very easy. Qualcomm makes it easy for people to come in.
    The interview itself was a long process, my interviews started at 10:00 and did not end until 6:00 pm. This makes it a long day. Interview also went through lunch, which makes it difficult to eat and relax.
    The questions and problem solving was not difficult, but without knowing exactly the type of person they are looking for, it is difficult to react to their questions.

Interview Questions

• Problem statement:
      In a tic-tac-toe grid, fill numbers 1-9 so that all the number in row & col add to same number. 1 min to solve.   2 Answers