Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview is focused on operating system, data structure, C/C++ programing and problem solve. The interview environment is very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Gave my resume at job fair. Was later called up and offered to be flown out to their college candidate weekend event (Destination Q) without a phone screen.
    Event as weekend-long and consisted of a several different social events in addition to the recruiting events. There were 3 hour-long interviews: One on C++, one on "problem solving", and one on operating systems. Talking to others, the questions seemed to vary significantly based on interviewer. Was called around a week later to be told about the offer.

Interview Questions

1. Compensation was poor compared to another offer I had.
    2. I decided that I didn't really want to work in the area of low-level systems software, which is essentially the only available area for software engineers there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. A few things from resume. Some CDMA protocol questions. A few questions on algorithms ie. list of arrays one number is missing describe the algorithm to find the number. How to do it in O(n). Got the one site interview.
    On site interview was a little tough. 6 interviewers and took about 6 hrs including lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview which consisted of basic OS and data structure questions. Was called for an on-site interview after that. Onsite interview was 6 technical interviews. Questions from C, data structures, OS, bit manipulation etc. The whole interview process took an inordinate amount of time and I had to wait nearly a month after the interview to learn the final result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, and then was offered a chance to interview in person. I live close to San Diego so I drove my own car in the night before. They paid for a hotel that was very close to where I was suppose to meet my HR rep. I met the HR rep at 11AM, she gave me an overview of the company. Then I drove my car to the next stage of the interview process (I was offered a shuttle, but I didn't want it). This is where the real interview began. I had lunch with a software engineer, we talked about the company and he had a few softball questions for me. The next three interviewers appeared to be software engineers chosen at random. (At least to me.) I meet with them one at a time. Some asked good questions, some were not so good at interviewing. It was all that standard stuff. Then I meet with the final interviewer. He was very experienced in interviewing and asked lots of very pointed questions. After it was over they said they'd get back to me in a week or two either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a staffing coordinator. The interviewer was good and encouraging. Asked Qs in c++, c and some concepts from networking and some previous project related Qs from resume. There were 3 to 4 Qs for which algorithm or verbal solution was expected:
    1] reversing a string
    2] multiply a number with 7 without using * or + operators
    3] finding a loop at the end of single linked list

the experience was good and waiting for the result...

Interview Questions

• C++ Qs : virtual functions and function overloading   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call from HR within a month fro when I posted the resume on their website. Initially there was a phone screen interview from one ofbtheir directors. A week passed before HR contacted for an onsite interview. That consisted of 5 interviews plus one with HR at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult technical issue that you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate given the job market and qualcomm's position in the cellphone market.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

first a phone interview; if you clear that you are called for a day long one on one interview where you will be interviewing with the team members you will be working with

Interview Questions

• how to swap big endian and little endian?   4 Answers

Negotiation

Just ask for more money and more bonus with HR before accepting the offer.

Application

Interview

1 hr interview. Questions on the subject of RTOS, Data Structures and C++ logic programming. There were 2 questions towards the end of the interview where I was asked to code and read it out.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2019.

Interview

I had applied through a staffing agency and my resume got shortlisted. After few days I got an email that my phone interview will be scheduled. My phone interview was scheduled and it was about 40 minutes. My interviewer did not mention the position, but I believe the interview must have been the team lead .

Interview Questions

• I was asked what is your role in your current company and then followed by the following questions:
      1. Explain OOP concept.
      2. How would you design a simple program that implements the OOP concepts .   Answer Question