Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the website and was contacted by recruiter after a couple of weeks. Had one 30 minute phone interview with a senior software engineer. Was not asked any coding questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of a RISC architecture over a CISC archtecture?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

At first there was an hour long phone interview. It was good, interviewer was friendly. Then they asked me to visit their San deago location for onsite interview. Interviewers were somewhat rude and just boasted what they do and you feels like you are nothing against them.

It was really demotivated situation for me. After going down there they told me it's very senior level position which was conflicting what was told in telephonic interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a university recruiter (sent in my resume). I was emailed to set up a phone interview after two months. The interview covered mostly stuff I had on my resume. Compared to my peers, I received a more difficult interview. I received a decision a few days after the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was well managed. there were three rounds of interviews and at the end of the 3rd round, he took me out for lunch. The interviewers were kind and gave time for me to answer. In one of the rounds, he asked me to code up the solution on a blackboard. There was only 1 interviewer in each round.

Interview Questions

• technical questions on C++ and unix and asked me to write solution on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the recruiter. Then, went on-site for an interview with an engineering manager. Overall, the process was very similar to other tech companies. Typical software engineering questions that are asked at the top tech companies.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my resume and experience to begin the interview. Afterward, they went ahead and asked me two questions on a white board. One was a brain teaser type of question that made me think for a little bit. The other was a string manipulation question very similar to the questions you see on Cracking the Coding Interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had applied in the first week of January and received an email to set up a phone interview almost 15 days later.The interviewer had called me on time. He was a very experienced person and jumped right into my resume. He was very keen on one of my projects as the position I was applying for needed knowledge of the same. It was a friendly conversation but the interviewer did not seem to know much about the project(or he was not willing to).

Interview Questions

• They asked about my C++ coding skills and my past experiences with it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Qualcomm came to my campus' career fair and I talked to one of their recruiters. Couple days later I was notified to have an interview in my university. It was a ~40 min interview with a software engineer. He asked about my experience and things that were on my resume. Then he gave me one technical question and some time complexity questions. I was nervous but then I was able to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a sentence ( who are you ==> you are who )   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Both were about an hour long. The behavioral one was with a recruiter and the technical one was with an engineer at Qualcomm. A week after the second phone call, I received my offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

all the people in the interview team is professional, pleasant, knowledgeable, they are also experienced, they like to understand your technical strength and capability, overall experience is good, and pleasant

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through career fair and referred by a professor. got an email a week later of setting up an on-campus interview. Only one round of 1:1 interview. Wasn't that bad. The interviewer was really helpful. Asked about my past internship experiences and then did two white board coding questions.

Interview Questions

• resume questions and something about multi-dimensional linked-list   Answer Question