Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

3.1

259 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Qualcomm came to my campus' career fair and I talked to one of their recruiters. Couple days later I was notified to have an interview in my university. It was a ~40 min interview with a software engineer. He asked about my experience and things that were on my resume. Then he gave me one technical question and some time complexity questions. I was nervous but then I was able to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a sentence ( who are you ==> you are who )   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Both were about an hour long. The behavioral one was with a recruiter and the technical one was with an engineer at Qualcomm. A week after the second phone call, I received my offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

all the people in the interview team is professional, pleasant, knowledgeable, they are also experienced, they like to understand your technical strength and capability, overall experience is good, and pleasant

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through career fair and referred by a professor. got an email a week later of setting up an on-campus interview. Only one round of 1:1 interview. Wasn't that bad. The interviewer was really helpful. Asked about my past internship experiences and then did two white board coding questions.

Interview Questions

• resume questions and something about multi-dimensional linked-list   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was a very pleasant process. There were two interviews. I had one in-person interview where the guy asked me a few behavioral questions and a few coding questions. He seemed genuinely interested on the things in my resume, which was awesome! The other interview was over the phone and I was asked a brain teaser and a few other coding questions. Overall, the process went very smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

first round is phone interview, some basic qn on C concept, then on site interview took around one day with 5 interviewers all tech qns. the interviewers are very nice and ask many coding questions which need you to write code on the white board. one of the interviewer took the lunch with you and chat a lot. A good experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

relatively trivial. Some are tough some are easy. People don't speak good English. Some are not very patient with you. A day long interview but not super rough.

A lot of c , assembly questions. Link list , string manipulation, bit mask. Some conceptual questions and processor. They did not ask me LTE standard

Interview Questions

• Parse an continuous memory into a byte array using a word pointer with some area are not readable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interviewer was late and unorganized. Unable to understand what the interviewer was saying and asked questions on languages I'm unfamiliar with. Not a good interview overall. Interviewer didn't know who I was initially and called me late. I had to contact the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interviews. Interviewer was difficult to understand and seemed unfamiliar with some of the common software used in his specialization. The location and start date were impossible for me and we realized that in the first few minutes of the interview. I found the whole interview to be technically easy but was thrown off by the unprepared nature of the interviewer.