Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

A week after phone interview received an email about onsite.
7 person. friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Applied online. Some questions asked:
    Write code to:
    1. convert from big endian to small endian.
    2. convert decimal to binary.
    3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
    4. Count the occurrence of every word

Interview Questions

• what is the significance of '20 log x'?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got an email from HR and scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview I was asked some basic programming questions like bit manipulation and some OS questions like dealocks. Then I got an email to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview includes 5 interviewers, four of them asked tech questions and the other one is a lunch interview, so only some casual talk about my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

A recruter sent me an email to schedule the phone screen after I applied online. The recruiter was very helpful and replied to my email very quickly. I had two phone interviews back to back. The first one just went through my resume and ask me some simple questions in c. I have a feeling that I did do well on the first one. The second interviewer was much tougher. We go through many technical questions, but I did not do well in this part.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick and Painless interview process. Got a phone interview 2 weeks after applying online. Phone interview was purely technical, lasted 45 mins. Got call for onsite interview a week after the phone interview. All expenses paid trip to SD. 5 rounds of on-site interviews and got an offer 10 days after on-site.

Interview Questions

• Why are unions not used all the times in place of structures?   1 Answer
    • Reverse the bits of an integer   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can try to negotiate on salary but for the most part Qualcomm has clear policies about the offer.

Advise: When offered a position, someone from the hiring team will call you before you need to make a decision. Take advantage of that opportunity and ask all the questions that you have. It is very important to like your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Overall the process is not bad. Qualcomm will arrange everything for the interview. You do not need to care about too much thing. The coding question is easily probably because qualcomm is not a CS company. So you do not need to spend to much time for coding issues. It might requires some basic concept on telecommunications. Such as CDMA, FDMA, RF. You probably need to read through your communication book one again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, most of questions can be found from this website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview

Internship: one or two phone interviews with very basic questions like, what are classes, how do you design a class, etc.
    Full-Time: A day of interviews with multiple people each asking different questions mainly focussing on C, C++, TCP/IP, RTOS, etc

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions are very easy for internship. For full time interview the questions are very basic and nothing that hasnt been asked many times before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They base the salary on, you degree, your university, job location, whether you did an internship at the company earlier. They wont move much from this unless you had significant experience before.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

First round of telephonic interviews followed by several (~5-6) rounds of one-to-one onsite technical interviews. All interviewers were very professional, highly technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no place to negotiate for college graduate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Applied by sending an email to the campus recruiter. Interviewed on compus still waiting for response

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected, basic c/c++ problem involving pointer   Answer Question