Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
    One question:
    int *a=10; a++;
    string *a='10'; a++;
    What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
    Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions

• What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Intitial review interview, and then a telephonoic technical interview.
    After that I was flown to SanDiego for 8 1 hour interviews in one day which was exhaustive, and it wasnt really nice.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed on Embedded systems for an hour inspite of not having that background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

A phone interview was set up and questions about my research work was asked. Just couple of questions on static and volatile keywords.

Onsite interview was with 5 teams and all of them were coding questions. standard C questions on linked list, function pointers, priority inversion and so on. One guy asked Math puzzles, I struggled a bit after constant coding. But i picked up towards the end

Interview Questions

• Math puzzles were simple, but my brain was tuned in complex thinking and switching to simple mode was bit difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Ask a lot of RTOS, concept of OS and Computer Architecture, some coding problems involves bit flip and sorting algorithm, CDMA/TDMA, semaphore/mutex, process scheduling, and other questions about communication and computer architecture. The interviewer focus on how you defense yourself on an argument and how to express your own idea of a very simple question.

Interview Questions

• Prove a very simple math theorem using your own language, defense yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview the very next day. Phone interview was mostly focused on C, OS and Networking. Since I did well on that, I was called onsite after a couple of weeks. Onsite consisted on 5 tech rounds and 1 HR round. Tech rounds are entirely focused on C, OS, problem solving skills and your resume. The interview process was very smooth and candidates were well taken care of. I am waiting to hear back from them.
    Tech questions were as follows.

1. Programs for binary search, linked list node deletion, string reversal, calculate no of bits in a number in given base, division of floating point numbers.
    2. Difference between macros and functions, why/where to use macros
    3. Use of static
    4. Scheduling
    5. How to prevent deadlocks
    6. What data structures is used in routers

Overall, the key is to be thorough with C, OS and memory management

Interview Questions

• Lunch interview was the toughest. The interviewer went deep into OS and memory management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. HR did not ask HR related questions, rather asked technical questions. The next day got a rejection letter in email. Questions were based on C/C++, Java, Perl

Interview Questions

• First phone call with HR and HR asked technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview where the interviewer asked me about my projects and work experience and then was called onsite. Was asked basic questions on linked list and bit manipulations.

Interview Questions

• How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian   1 Answer