Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Give resume on career fair -> Online application -> Get contacted for on campus interview -> On campus interview -> Offer
The interviewer had no expression during the interview. But he didn't ask me very hard questions. "Cold" but nice I would say.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to a career fair, got contacted to do an interview about a week later. They took all the people who they interviewed out to dinner, which was nice. They also gave everyone nice hoodies too. After I interviewed they said they would get back to me in about a week maybe two. Great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Return the index of the first unique character in a string.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, offer was really good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Visa issues..

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview

Internship: one or two phone interviews with very basic questions like, what are classes, how do you design a class, etc.
    Full-Time: A day of interviews with multiple people each asking different questions mainly focussing on C, C++, TCP/IP, RTOS, etc

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions are very easy for internship. For full time interview the questions are very basic and nothing that hasnt been asked many times before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They base the salary on, you degree, your university, job location, whether you did an internship at the company earlier. They wont move much from this unless you had significant experience before.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

First round of telephonic interviews followed by several (~5-6) rounds of one-to-one onsite technical interviews. All interviewers were very professional, highly technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no place to negotiate for college graduate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Intitial review interview, and then a telephonoic technical interview.
    After that I was flown to SanDiego for 8 1 hour interviews in one day which was exhaustive, and it wasnt really nice.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed on Embedded systems for an hour inspite of not having that background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions

• What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
      One question:
      int *a=10; a++;
      string *a='10'; a++;
      What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
      Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?   Answer Question