Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interviews. Interviewer was difficult to understand and seemed unfamiliar with some of the common software used in his specialization. The location and start date were impossible for me and we realized that in the first few minutes of the interview. I found the whole interview to be technically easy but was thrown off by the unprepared nature of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interviewer was late and unorganized. Unable to understand what the interviewer was saying and asked questions on languages I'm unfamiliar with. Not a good interview overall. Interviewer didn't know who I was initially and called me late. I had to contact the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

First round of telephonic interviews followed by several (~5-6) rounds of one-to-one onsite technical interviews. All interviewers were very professional, highly technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no place to negotiate for college graduate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview

Internship: one or two phone interviews with very basic questions like, what are classes, how do you design a class, etc.
    Full-Time: A day of interviews with multiple people each asking different questions mainly focussing on C, C++, TCP/IP, RTOS, etc

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions are very easy for internship. For full time interview the questions are very basic and nothing that hasnt been asked many times before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They base the salary on, you degree, your university, job location, whether you did an internship at the company earlier. They wont move much from this unless you had significant experience before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Applied online. Some questions asked:
    Write code to:
    1. convert from big endian to small endian.
    2. convert decimal to binary.
    3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
    4. Count the occurrence of every word

Interview Questions

• what is the significance of '20 log x'?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Overall the process is not bad. Qualcomm will arrange everything for the interview. You do not need to care about too much thing. The coding question is easily probably because qualcomm is not a CS company. So you do not need to spend to much time for coding issues. It might requires some basic concept on telecommunications. Such as CDMA, FDMA, RF. You probably need to read through your communication book one again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, most of questions can be found from this website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Application

Interview

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions

• What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Intitial review interview, and then a telephonoic technical interview.
    After that I was flown to SanDiego for 8 1 hour interviews in one day which was exhaustive, and it wasnt really nice.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed on Embedded systems for an hour inspite of not having that background.   Answer Question