Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick and Painless interview process. Got a phone interview 2 weeks after applying online. Phone interview was purely technical, lasted 45 mins. Got call for onsite interview a week after the phone interview. All expenses paid trip to SD. 5 rounds of on-site interviews and got an offer 10 days after on-site.

Interview Questions

• Why are unions not used all the times in place of structures?   1 Answer
  • Reverse the bits of an integer   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can try to negotiate on salary but for the most part Qualcomm has clear policies about the offer.

Advise: When offered a position, someone from the hiring team will call you before you need to make a decision. Take advantage of that opportunity and ask all the questions that you have. It is very important to like your work.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Ask for your work experience, where did you get the job information..some basic information. Then go directly into technique questions. About 45 mins. what is virtual functions, bit operations, the keyword versatile, quick sort.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The interview started with standard questions about programming. What does the static keyword mean when used in a function and outside a function. What does the non-volatile keyword mean? Design a function that tests whether or not an array of chars is a palindrome. Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures. The interviewer was really pushy.

Interview Questions

• Asked standard questions about the static and non-volatile keywords.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

First they carried out telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was mainly based around Real Time OS concepts, C programming. After telephonic interview got call for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can variable be declared with "Const" and "Volatile" quantifier ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter contacting me with the details of the position and a time slot for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was pretty simple, asked a few questions about RTOS : mutex, semaphore, stacks and heaps. Also asked a C question: what will be the address of an integer pointer after increment of the pointer variable directly.

Once I cleared that, the recruiter confirmed a time slot for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview had 7 rounds including a HR round which usually lasts from 9-5pm.
    The HR round just includes some basic questions about your current job and your salary expectations.
    The next 6 rounds included interviews with director of engineering, senior staff engineers and staff engineers.
    The questions were pretty basic. Mostly in C language such as strcpy, strlen,bit counting etc...

Interview Questions

• 1. char * array = "Hello";
      char array[] = "Hello";
      what is the difference between the above two, using sizeof operator ?
      Ans sizeof of an array gives the number of elements in the array but sizeof of a pointer gives the actual size of a pointer variable

2. how does the linux system know where to look for a particular program when entered in the command line?
      Ans: Path variable   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Got phone interview than onsite in 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• write program to convert FIFO into LIFO   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

A week after phone interview received an email about onsite.
    7 person. friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got an email from HR and scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview I was asked some basic programming questions like bit manipulation and some OS questions like dealocks. Then I got an email to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview includes 5 interviewers, four of them asked tech questions and the other one is a lunch interview, so only some casual talk about my experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview where the interviewer asked me about my projects and work experience and then was called onsite. Was asked basic questions on linked list and bit manipulations.

Interview Questions

• How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian   1 Answer