Qualcomm Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the phone screener in person for coffee rather than on the phone, he approved and said he'll bring me in for a full on-site interview. In about 2 weeks I went to San Diego for the position in either San Diego or Silicon Valley. Interviewed with 5 team members, mix of technical questions and get-to-know you and my relevant experience. Came away feeling positive, was notified in email the next day that an offer was being prepared for me. Made a small negotiation over the phone and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• [described how bluetooth devices pair], what could you do to optimize power consumption in this process?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter through email once got shortlisted. Hiring manager reached out for 30min phone interview. Flew to San Diego for an full day on site interview. Met all team members and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with recruiter over the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied in their website and had a phone call after 2 weeks. Then followed by onsite interview. Except hiring manager all other interviewers ( yes all 4 of them) were wondered how could I come this level and they were keep asking how I get this resume inside the company..etc . I can clearly see that they wanted to bring one of their friends and not happy to see me onsite. I can see a typical racism and I was so annoyed by these questions. I am very surprised company like Qualcomm supports this kind of behavior. They only wanted Chinese /Korean guys in their group and do not want any other people. I am sure the guy got selected for this position is either Korean or Chinese.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interview ran from 9 to 5. It was 1-1 with 5 engineers followed by a HR person. It was very technical and job oriented. HR asked if I had any choice of salary range and whether there were any other opportunities I was exploring.

Interview Questions

• Asked about thesis work in my masters, asked about system design, some digital and analog design, tested coding skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA).

Interview

great interview team efforts. relax and no pressure. willing to go deep in technology if asked by candidate. focusing on culture/value not just technology and skill know how. interview time used effectively. May have a 3 steps for interview process total includes phone screen, 1x1 (team and managers), 1x1 (VP of Operation)

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave your current employee? what is your current base salary? what would be the most three things you like in your work careers that made you proud?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Neutral

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The Qualcomm interview process I encounters was straight forward. I was luck that my phone screen was done by my eventual supervisor. Remembering some of the weak spots in the phone screen I brushed up on things for the interview and things went smoothly.

The hiring process was nicely automated. The job offer is given and accepted over email/internet. You fill out what usually are paper forms on-line. All those voluminous non-disclosure agreements, non-compete and what-you-produce-belongs-to-us forms are also done on-line. This does give you the chance to cut paste the text and enlarge it to a reasonable size so you can actually read it.

Suggestion: If you have any intellectual property, have it clear

Interview Questions

• Given the following: You have a product that is built each day in a large and long build. The product has thousands of components, may of which are updated on a daily basis.
      Given that the build times can be long, what is a fast way to narrow down to the problem components quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.
    Note that I asked for what a recent IEEE salary survey listed for my experience level.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

One phone interview the hiring manager. Then had a on site to interviewed by the members of the team also some cross-functional team interviews. It was mostly technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Asked question that I would not have the background in to see how I would answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just took the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I got interviewed by five people. 2 of them were very technical and detail. 3 of them were asking general questions about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Write detailed code on board to achieve certain purpose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It was very easy to apply for different positions at different locations. The callback happened very quickly after the application. An initial phone screen was conducted with detailed questions. Met and interviewed with several staff members and the questions were technical and challenging.

Interview Questions

• Describe major issues seen with Bisted memories and how to detect/avoid these issues.   2 Answers

Negotiation

negotiator asked what my current salary, bonuses, benefits, and vacation time were. They exceeded those values.