Qualcomm Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

phone interview first asked my experiences mostly and reason to change. after about one week had a on-site interview. total 5 people half day. after about one week after the interview, they email me the decision.

Interview Questions

• first HR person just normal questions. then a SW manager lunch&talk.then a SW engineer asked some general questions about embedded system. they all asked questions about memory debugging. the a senior SW engineer asked C++ questions related to virtual destructor. and a question about loop in the linked list. the last one is the manager asked about the oriority inversion and its fixes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The on-site interview took around 8 hours. Most of the questions revolved around aspects of the C programming language. Also, security vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. After 1-2 weeks HR scheduled the telephonic interview. Hiring manager give me call and took telephonic interview for 30 min. After 3 weeks scheduled for full day onsite interview with VP(1 round), technical managers(5 rounds), senior staff engineers(2 rounds).

Interview Questions

• 1). Design Strategy in C++
      2). Semaphore, mutex, spin lock
      3). S1/X2 HO call flow
      4). Work Experience from Current Company and previous company.
      5). C basic questions.
      6). Volatile, register
      7). State machine questions
      8). Most of the interview questions from work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Super technical interview with 6 technical individuals and 1 recruiters. In most cases the interviewers finished on time and did set aside time for Q&A. Each slot had technical questions on background, C question and problem solving puzzle. Couple of the interviewers were asked questions in the area of their own strength but overall they seem to go out of their own comfort zone to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Was presented a buggy code and was asked to identify all bugs. The code snippet was related to finding substrings and substituting with other substrings.

Program to write missing number in a array.
      Program with memcpy and identify issues related to memory corruption.
      Bit manipulations routines with optimal solutions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

you interview with 5-6 engineers/managers and 1 HR. Interviews are very technical, with lot of C/C++ coding questions. few puzzles/analytical questions as well as behavioral questions. Do not be surprised if interviewer has not looked at your resume before coming to see you. Interviews are normally spread across multiple groups located in multiple buildings, so you have to travel quite a bit between buildings.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

long full day interview. was moderately tough. first telephony then face to face. one on one with 6 different people.one was just analyzing the personality i think. all were nice cordial people. like the whole process, Hr interaction etc. took few weeks to get the result. and then few more weeks to negotiate and get the offer done.

Interview Questions

• lot of questions in C, C++, wireless   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

First we got a phone interview. After phone interview passed, you're invited to move to campus for interview. Campus interview happens over the day, and got interview by 10 people. Sometimes, two people are interviewing you at the same time. They are asking specific questions about protocols, experience, coding and your problem solving skills.
    Protocol questions are mostly focus on 3GPP standard as CDMA is Qualcomm specific. Problem solving question can be hard but you're not expected to completely answer it. There's no right or wrong.

Interview Questions

• embedded software
      real time operating system
      problem solving
      C/C++ coding   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews with HR and five technology team leads. Questions on experience and skills. Algorithm development questions. Best practices, development infrastructure, and tool chain. Questions on team roles, team leadership. Future career goals. Development interests and career progression. One of five interviews was lunch interview and somewhat low key. A lot of traveling from building to building on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• C language algorithm question. Fibonacci numbers.
      Reverse bytes in a string.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter by mail.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview

Dealing with recruiter was a mess, but interview itself was nice and smooth; really good engineers!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to program at one of the engineers computer...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I got interviewed for the Staff Engineer position. First two levels of phone interview and then 4 or 5 direct interviews same day.

Good : You will come to know what exactly is the environment of the team you are going to work. Phone interviews are good .Direct interviews also test your domain knowledge as well as your language specific skills. There will be 5 to 6 direct interviews with the team members.

Bad : They are simply wasting time of those who are not selected. One day is wasted fully of the candidate in case he is not selected. They call several guys for direct interview. Its better if they call only those who have a better chance . The HR never gets back to you after the interview, if you ask them after two weeks or so, they will tell they are looking for closest match. Same profile you can see opened in there site after some months time. Nobody knows what they are looking for ?

In brief, you need to be somewhat technically sound for clearing the interviews. But rest is mere luck , nothing else. It seems there is internal politics in decision making.