Qualcomm Test Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Test Technician Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Four to five person panel individually meet with you. Vote must be unanimous. Staff is friendly and accommodating. The emphasis seems to be on team work and attention to detail as opposed to strictly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple assignments?
    What is your troubleshooting method for test equipment?
    Describe how you overcome conflicting assignments.
    What are you short and long term goals?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

For a temp position you have to interview with all four of the supervisors and all four of the leads and you must get an approval from all eight to get hired. They ask basic interview questions and they are looking for someone who has a high senesce of attention to detail. You can get hired with little technical background experience as long as you can show that you can follow directions and critical thinking skills.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 6 interviews. 1 Supervisor, 1 Lead, 1 Manager, 1 Hiring Manager, 2 Engineer

Supervisor: Asked me some questions based on my resume and asked me about my background. He asked me about my past jobs, also how I deal with certain situations. What does quality mean to you? How do you deal with an angry customer? Do you know what Qualcomm does? Draw an NPN and PNP transistor on the white board. Write a letter to an engineer stating that you can not continue a test due to technical difficulties. Basically giving me a background about Qualcomm and telling me what my job will be like if i were to get hired.

Hiring Manager: Asked me technical questions. What is a transistor? Solve the total voltage in this circuit? Solve total current? What is the x and y axis of a spectrum analyzer? What is x and y of an O-scope? How do NPN and PNP transistors work? If i were to go in a Microsoft store, which computer would i choose and what would i look for?

Lead: Telling me what position will be like. He had also mentioned that if they didnt like me, i wouldnt be having an interview with him, which is a good sign. Gave me a trick question.. "Follow direction correctly.. Read Instructions first". It had a sequence of directions like "put the red ball in cup 1, then transfer it to cup 2 etc. In the end, it said do nothing with the cups and ball and let the Lead know you are done. I had passed this trick test. Lead just wants to make sure you follow directions correctly.

Engineer: A bit intimidating. Asked me to draw an schematic for an FM radio transmitter since I had put it on my resume that i had built one. However, I dont remember on top of my head so he went on on telling me that i NEED to know that. Also had asked me if i had installed drivers before or built a computer. He said i NEED to know how and it is a must. He was pushing me a bit to know my limits.

Engineer and Manager: Asked me why I chose Qualcomm? What got me into engineering?What do i do on my extra time? Am i familiar with Excel and Microsoft? Do i know how to code? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• Draw an FM Transmitter Schematic on the white board   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take the position at Qualcomm if offered. One of the best places to work at.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got hired through Man Power ( the one from Miratech Drive ) staffing agency. After having an appointment with them, it took like 2 weeks until Qualcomm wanted to see me. I had 2 interviews in the same day.
    First time they asked me what do i know about basic electronics ( what is a diode, transistor ( junction PNP/NPN ), what is the role of transistor, in what it is measured inductance, frequency, voltage...).
    Second time they gave me a sample TIS ( test instruction sheet ), and there were required items ( 3 cups, 4 long bolts, 9 silver flat head bolts...) and more steps ( step 1: place 1 long bolt in each cup, step 2: place 1 flat bolt in cup 2, step 3: remove the long bolt from cup 2 and place it in cup 1...and so on ..) and at the end was saying "do NOT complete any of these steps". The purpose of these exercise was to see if you pay attention to details and if you read all you have to do before staring the test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was already set by ManPower.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Informal tour of the production facility with a sit down interview. One person conducted the interview and had very few questions. Being previously employed with this company, the supervisor asked current personnel of my past performance to better determine if I would be a good fit for his staff and to gain an insight into my abilities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a working knowledge of MS Excel and general computer skills?   1 Answer