Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions

• how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Design an alarm clock and give the block diagrams.
    Identify the circuit a given FSM corresponds to.
    Describe the major instructions that should be included in a new microcontroller
    C++ questions - abstract classes, array based questions
    Puzzles - math, geometry (minor ones, were asked in the end)

Interview Questions

• Identify the circuit that the given FSM corresponds to, timing based questions, optimize the circuit. FSM was that of a simple counter   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great, needed no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Initially I was asked about my resume and qualification, Then asked about the cache concepts, schematics and computer architecture in basic

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had applied on line for the post in October and got a call by the end of October. But it was strange because they never informed me of the phone interview in advance . He asked me what i was doing now and i explained what i'm working on and when i will be graduating. He then asked me about all the project that i had done.Then concentrated on the vlsi project that i had done .Even though i haven't taken any verification courses , i had worked on test benches for my project ,so explained that. He was satisfied with my explanation and told me i can come for an on site interview.

In the on site interview , i had 3 technical rounds each of 30 min, concentrating mainly on the different projects that i have done , plus few basic qs from digital and analog design .But the questions were very direct and simple and mostly related to verification. I got the results of the interview after a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain any verification projects that you have done , or projects you can apply the verification process and how?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty easy. Person did not ask any technical question. I was called for 1:1 engineer with manager, program director and four other engineers. First questions was what do I do. I explained all the technical aspects of my job. Then 1:1 interview with other senior and junior engineers. many questions were from analog design. My only and most important advice is read EVERYTHING from job description. Read every single topic and practice some basic mathematical problems related to job description. Pay close attention to the topics that the person recommends you to read before the 1:1 interview(over the phone). Write it down or record the phone conversation during phone interview. They ask you questions from what they advice you to read. overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Calculate voltage at different nodes of am op amp?   Answer Question
    • What is Buck and boost regulator? how does it work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. 1:1 interview first round. full day interview second round. Phone interview with HR again for compensation. Workplace environment seems chaotic and unorganized. Interviewers are generally not interested in the process and are ill prepared to pose their questions. People seem overworked and disoriented.

Interview Questions

• Design FSM for some problems   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

This was an interview for a contract position. An hour long technical phone interview was set up in very short time. The interviewer called the specified time, he was prompt. Mainly discussed the resume and go over past projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 Onsite interview