Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
    describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
    Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR saying engineer from the team will contact to have a phone interview in 3-5 days. Got a Phone interview followed by on site interview. Got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous verification projects and internship experience. Other questions included basic questions on system verilog, verification methodologies and OOP during phone interview. On site interview included writing code in SV and finding bugs as well as explaining possible verification plan for a design.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly computer architecture questions ( Pipelining, Branch Prediction ) followed by questions on Verification Methodologies, planning and implementation. The manager asked , Suppose there is a blackbox, explain the verification work flow you will use to verify the circuit efficiently? Then followed few basic questions on UNIX , Perl in the end.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

This was an interview for a contract position. An hour long technical phone interview was set up in very short time. The interviewer called the specified time, he was prompt. Mainly discussed the resume and go over past projects.

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 Onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then invited to come on-site. Had to fly from California for the interview and take two days off from work. Interview consisted of a surprise panel. I was not told the details beforehand of who I was meeting so, when I got there, I was surprised by a panel of 5 people. I did really well in spite of being blindsided like that. Everyone was nice and I answered all the questions and conducted myself well (I'm comfortable talking to a group). Next, they sent in another panel to grill me on coding, problem solving, OVM, and other technical validation/verification questions. I answer all of them and when it is over, the hiring manager asks to speak with me one on one. I think he's going to ask about salary requirements, however he asks me how much RTL debug experience I have. I tell him openly that I debug at the interface level, where components connect to a fabric for instance.

Later that day I get an email saying they were looking for someone with more design and RTL debug experience. I was confused since I never claimed to have that specific expertise and was very open about that. They could have asked me over the phone and saved a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• How do you verify connectivity of an interface to memory with 6 bits of address and 6 bits of data? Show me a program that will write, read, and verify the connectivity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

it was a nice interview. location in santa clara