Qualtrics Interview Questions in Utah | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for internship online. Replied back within 2 hr asking for my schedule for a telephone technical interview. The telephone interview lasted for 50 minutes with questions on my background, and a coding problem. Got a reply after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you could not deliver on your proposed features for the app you were working on.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and thought I'd be a good fit for the proposal writer position. I applied, and a couple days later, I received an email offering me a phone interview. We set one up, and it went well. A couple of days later, I was invited to go to Qualtrics headquarters for an on-site interview, where I met with the team lead and the team supervisor. They were very friendly, but at the same time pushed for deeper answers to questions, which I really enjoyed. I'm assuming that there was probably another round of interviews after that, but I didn't make it past this stage. Overall, I thought it was a good process, and I appreciated the questions they asked. They weren't the typical job interview questions, and I felt like they gave me an opportunity to showcase my abilities better. So even if you don't get the job, the interview process is solid.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with not knowing much about business?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, had a conversation. 2nd level interview with potential boss, 3rd level interview with VP.

The interview was fine. I had a couple issues, but it's still a company I would have been interested in had I been given an offer:

1. They seemed VERY fixated on 'collecting' people (Professor Slughorn from Harry Potter style). I had several people in the interview process ask me to justify why I chose not to attend Wharton, HBS or Booth. I was a little put off by this, but I understand they are near an IPO and want to have that management cache.

The second issue I had was the lack of communication. There was little communication about next steps. At each phase I would assume they weren't interested, then a couple weeks later I would get a call. I wasn't sure they weren't interested until a final rejection letter.

While they will likely IPO this year and turn into a big time company, it still felt a little disorganized or start up-ish.

Seems like an interesting opportunity, and the people were nice, but not very transparent, and I'm not sure they know what they want. They feel like they are in the stage where they are filling roles rather than recruiting talent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR for 45 minute technical phone interview. During my technical phone interview few basic algorithms question were asked(Linked List Vs Array List , BST VS Binary Tree) and was then asked to code Anagram problem, which I did which O(n) complexity(using Robin-Karp search algorithm with sight modification). My interview was good and I was sure that I will go for the next round. But next day I got mail from HR saying that I have not cleared the interview. The interviewer seemed to be very unfair on his part and biased I if can say so. I did not asked HR for feedback knowing they will come up with the same reason "We cannot disclose". This was the worse interview I have ever faced where interviewer was unfair and biased.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given an array of string, group the anagrams.   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Engineering Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Qualtrics recruiter about the position. I hesitantly responded which initiated a 15 minute phone call with him to discuss the position and my qualifications. A phone screening was then scheduled which started with a brief discussion about my interest in the position and my experience level. This was followed by coding on a shared screen (collabedit) which took the majority of the time remaining in the 45 minute call. Afterwards I was invited to the Provo office for an on-site interview. This consisted of 4 one hour long interviews. The first was a positive cultural fit interview, and was with a manager on the team. The second was with a lead engineer and was primarily whiteboard coding. This individual seemed a little adversarial, and asked "I'm just curious, what did they teach in school back then?" referring to my college experience in 1996-2001 (I'm 39 years old). The third interview was with a manager of an operations team. This individual did well but asked many questions about infrastructure architecture, which didn't feel relevant to the position I was applying for. The final interview was with a director remotely using Collabedit again. The office has a good energy and many of the employees seem actively engaged. Several dogs are in the office though, which isn't the best for someone with allergies. I received a phone call 5 days later from the original recruiter that based on interview feedback they were choosing to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Given a string which contains 8 coordinates that represent 2 rectangles, write code to find how many times the first rectangle can fit inside the overlapping areas of the rectangles without overlap.   Answer Question
    • Given a sequence of numbers, find the sub-sequence with the highest sum. What is the Big O for the solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

1st interview: technical, over-the-phone
    2nd interview: technical, over-the-phone
    3rd interview: hiring manager - technical and behavioral, over skype

The technical interviews were 45 minutes and started with 15 minutes about your background, your skills, etc. The last 30 minutes are for you to solve a coding problem on a collaborative editor.

All the interviewers were polite and seemed genuinely interested in my background. Minimal hints on the programming problems but I enjoyed speaking to all of them. I look forward to being here

Interview Questions

• 3 LeetCode medium difficulty problems. They all came from LC.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied in November, had a phone interview in December, On Site in January got rejected in February. They took their time with me. I thought I did really well but after 3 months of waiting they rejected me. Horrible interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and then had 2 phone screen interviews and a video interview with a hiring manager. After that I was invited to interview on site and found when I went there that I had already been selected to receive an offer. The visit was mostly just to sell me on working there.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was behavioral questions, data structures questions and then a pair of coding questions in a shared coding environment. The second interview was just coding questions, and the third with the hiring manager was more or less the same with a few more behavioral questions thrown in.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Logan, UT).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair, who recommended I apply immediately. After applying online I had a 30 min phone interview that was primarily a conversation about my resume. I presume that went well, they asked me to do a short review module on computer science and take a test. I did that quickly and it went well. The next week I did a video interview with a global operations manager (manages product specialists). That went well, they asked me to do three more video interviews (all in a row) the next week. I talked with two more global ops managers and a data integration specialist. From recruitment to the last interviews took about three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day with an offer for a phone screen. Had this about a week later. The interviewer on the phone was very friendly and I enjoyed talking to him and working through the coding problem together. It was about 45 minutes if I recall correctly and it involved a simple coding question and some time for Q&A at the end.

A week later, I heard back that I was invited for an onsite interview at their HQ in Utah. They arranged everything, including the flight, hotel, and rental car. They even gave me the option of staying in Utah for an extra day to do some sightseeing which I took advantage of.

I was invited to one of their college days with several candidates from other schools. It started in the morning and consisted of 3 45-minute coding interviews, a presentation about the engineering services team (which apparently I had been slotted for), an office tour, and a lunch. The coding interviews were pretty straightforward and all of the questions they asked have already been posted by other candidates on Glassdoor (@Qualtrics, it may be time to get some new questions). Their office felt very modern and comfortable - lots of open space and the exposed ceiling industrial feel.

At lunch, all of the candidates ate together with many of the engineers who interviewed the candidates. It was a pretty friendly feel. However, one thing to note is that the engineering team at Qualtrics is greatly lacking in diversity. Without going too much into the politics, I felt that the homogeneous nature of their engineering team was very off-putting and definitely made me feel like an outsider.

After the onsite, I heard back a few days later that I had passed and would have a final call with an engineering manager. This call is the final step. It was very friendly and the manager asked a few basic JavaScript questions. I heard back a few days later that I had passed and received an offer. The recruiter then called me to ask about existing offers so they could make a competitive offer.

Overall, I had a very positive experience Qualtrics. I ultimately declined the offer. I felt the engineering services team was not a good fit for me and I was not a fan of the lack of diversity on the engineering team.

To future candidates: make sure you know which team you are being interviewed for. Also, they have a Seattle office, which they are growing and should be more diverse than the Utah office, if that matters to you.