Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First telephonic screening and asked more on AWS components like Hystrix, Ribbon, Eureka Server and Cassandra. 2nd round in person asked on more Threading questions, Use cases question and finally coding question

Interview Questions

• 1st Round:
         Telephonic Round : Screening on AWS Components, What do you mean Hystrix, Ribbon Name, Eureka Server and Cassandra.
      2nd Round: In -person
         Three person took my interview.
           One person from management team asked more AWS components.
         Second person:
              Cassandra based questions like how the data will be inserted across all nodes.
              Coding question : Move all zeroes to end of array with complexity
         Third person:
                Use case questions like one of the service didn't send the response on time then what will you
               do?
               Thread based question like one thread prints even number and other thread odd number, output need to prints sequentially like 1,2,3,4.....

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager spent 80% of the interview talking about himself, even going into details such as what he expects when you go on PTO. I didn't have much of an opportunity to speak and he didn't really ask me any interview questions. After the onsite interview, I sent several follow up emails and received no response. They could have at least sent me a rejection email out of courtesy rather than rudely flat out ignoring me, especially since I interviewed in person and completed an assignment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took more than one month. I had two phone technical interviews where I was asked to code the program through collabedit. Later I was invited for an onsite interview and they took 4 interviews with different coding challenges and conceptual questions. After one week, they told me that they are not hiring anyone for this position and it is terminated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Linked List-Insertion, traversing through it. Questions about data structures. Removing duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me in a 2 days. After chatting on the phone the recruiter said that there were no positions that fit my profile! However the next day they set up a phone screen with a Director. Phone screen focussed on intricate knowledge of JVM and threading as well as distributed systems.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews plus a day on-site. The on-site portion was a long day. Lost count of how many people interviewed me. Overall it went very well, but there was internal confusion on what the role actually was.

Interview Questions

• Where are network settings configured on a Red Hat Linux system.   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through Qualys' website, heard back from recruiting team the next day to schedule a call.

Received the call the next day. I was expecting it to be phone screening but was actually from director of engineering. Bombed the interfview, ended with director telling me 'I am not going to cut it.' I actually enjoyed how straight forward the process was, simple and brutal.

In my defense, they really caught me off guard with networking fundamental concept questions. So make sure you study for those other than the usual DS and algorithm stuff.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I declined to move forward in large part because the interviewer was extremely combative and unprofessional. I inquired about what I perceived as a high degree of turnover for the specific role I was interviewing for. Even after we mutually agreed this was not a good fit for me, this recruiter had the nerve to phone me back and argue with me about how there was not high turnover for the job I was interviewing for. She even stated "I don't want people saying we have high turnover when we don't." Thank you for making the decision not to move forward an easy one by being so unprofessional with me in the phone interview! Glad we did not waste each other's time.

Interview Questions

• If you could write a job description for your dream job, what would it say?
      This is not a job where people get to manage lots of individuals. Everyone is an individual contributor, while that be a problem for you?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Bellevue, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter. The recruiter got back to me the next day. I then did a prescreen call with the recruiter and completed two coding challenges. The last step was an in person interview that lasted about 4 hours. My code samples were in C++ since this was a C++ position.

Linux QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

It took 2 days to get the call after applying. Recruiter scheduled the phone interview with one of the team member. Basic questions about Linux and Networking.

Some behavioral questions and project related questions

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot when a server is working slow ?

How to check process ID in Linux

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

I went onsite for a technical round after a phone interview with the hiring manager. I have 10+ years of experience, should say the interview experience at Qualys was nothing but disappointing. There were 4 engineers in the room, plus one over phone. Most of the times they were not in sync as what to ask. They seemed disorganized and couple of interview panelists did not even greet me with polite gesture. The lady who was on phone, seemed to know nothing more than few linux commands but had tons of attitude. One of the interview panelist didn't even know how uname works and she was arguing with me for no reasons. In general, except the guy, rest had very limited knowledge.