Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Excel test and interview with the manager. The test is very easy. The manager ask me some behavior question. But the interviewer do not reply my email after the interview. I feel very unprofessional.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Process was 20 min phone interview and 3 hour in person interview. I thought it went great. My complaint is I invested over three hours and no one called to tell me if i got it or not. I
    would think that much time invested I should have the courtesy email makes me think the integrity of the co. Never burn your bridges word of month speaks volumes.

Interview Questions

• tough customer and how I handled them?   1 Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in May 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process. talked to a recruiter first and followed by a call with hiring manager. There is also an excel challenge after using webex. The team seems to be newly structured. VPs from investment background may be demanding.

Interview Questions

• make up an income statement that you will present to the CFO   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First telephonic screening and asked more on AWS components like Hystrix, Ribbon, Eureka Server and Cassandra. 2nd round in person asked on more Threading questions, Use cases question and finally coding question

Interview Questions

• 1st Round:
         Telephonic Round : Screening on AWS Components, What do you mean Hystrix, Ribbon Name, Eureka Server and Cassandra.
      2nd Round: In -person
         Three person took my interview.
           One person from management team asked more AWS components.
         Second person:
              Cassandra based questions like how the data will be inserted across all nodes.
              Coding question : Move all zeroes to end of array with complexity
         Third person:
                Use case questions like one of the service didn't send the response on time then what will you
               do?
               Thread based question like one thread prints even number and other thread odd number, output need to prints sequentially like 1,2,3,4.....   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager spent 80% of the interview talking about himself, even going into details such as what he expects when you go on PTO. I didn't have much of an opportunity to speak and he didn't really ask me any interview questions. After the onsite interview, I sent several follow up emails and received no response. They could have at least sent me a rejection email out of courtesy rather than rudely flat out ignoring me, especially since I interviewed in person and completed an assignment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took more than one month. I had two phone technical interviews where I was asked to code the program through collabedit. Later I was invited for an onsite interview and they took 4 interviews with different coding challenges and conceptual questions. After one week, they told me that they are not hiring anyone for this position and it is terminated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Linked List-Insertion, traversing through it. Questions about data structures. Removing duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me in a 2 days. After chatting on the phone the recruiter said that there were no positions that fit my profile! However the next day they set up a phone screen with a Director. Phone screen focussed on intricate knowledge of JVM and threading as well as distributed systems.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews plus a day on-site. The on-site portion was a long day. Lost count of how many people interviewed me. Overall it went very well, but there was internal confusion on what the role actually was.

Interview Questions

• Where are network settings configured on a Red Hat Linux system.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

very intensive with every level of employee technical non technical question. Numerous people came to interview from exisitng people doing job to people from other group.Entire day with interview

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through Qualys' website, heard back from recruiting team the next day to schedule a call.

Received the call the next day. I was expecting it to be phone screening but was actually from director of engineering. Bombed the interfview, ended with director telling me 'I am not going to cut it.' I actually enjoyed how straight forward the process was, simple and brutal.

In my defense, they really caught me off guard with networking fundamental concept questions. So make sure you study for those other than the usual DS and algorithm stuff.