Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Biggest HR or Eng. Team blunder. The interview process was straight forward. Was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn, got a call and the phone screen was set up. The initial tech phone screen was easy and then I scheduled an onsite a week later. There were 4 rounds with 2 of them being 2:1 and other 2 were 1:1. Interview was easy and I was hoping for an offer. 2 days later when I contacted the HR for the final response, they called me and said they can't make an offer yet, the team really liked me but they want someone with a little more experience and so they are interviewing other candidates, and told me she will give me a final verdict with a week. I waited and waited and 2 weeks later, HR called and confirmed they won't be moving forward with me. Now comes the blunder. A month later, yes a month, HR calls me again and says we would like to extend you an offer. I was surprises and well rightly so. I asked what changed, and HR said team always liked you but they didn't find anyone else better than you. So they decided to have me in the team. I said okay initially, later HR and the hiring manager called and gave me a decent offer (salary plus bonus) but I decided not to move forward and hence declined it.

How do you expect someone to accept such an offer, clearly I was not the first choice. Anyways, In a short 6-7 years of my career I have not heard or experienced such a case. Either the team is responsible for this or the HR. Either way with their level of interview as well as work as well as the way they tackled the interview and hiring process, I would say look someplace else.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic sql, coding and algorithms.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First telephonic screening and asked more on AWS components like Hystrix, Ribbon, Eureka Server and Cassandra. 2nd round in person asked on more Threading questions, Use cases question and finally coding question

Interview Questions

• 1st Round:
         Telephonic Round : Screening on AWS Components, What do you mean Hystrix, Ribbon Name, Eureka Server and Cassandra.
      2nd Round: In -person
         Three person took my interview.
           One person from management team asked more AWS components.
         Second person:
              Cassandra based questions like how the data will be inserted across all nodes.
              Coding question : Move all zeroes to end of array with complexity
         Third person:
                Use case questions like one of the service didn't send the response on time then what will you
               do?
               Thread based question like one thread prints even number and other thread odd number, output need to prints sequentially like 1,2,3,4.....
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager spent 80% of the interview talking about himself, even going into details such as what he expects when you go on PTO. I didn't have much of an opportunity to speak and he didn't really ask me any interview questions. After the onsite interview, I sent several follow up emails and received no response. They could have at least sent me a rejection email out of courtesy rather than rudely flat out ignoring me, especially since I interviewed in person and completed an assignment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took more than one month. I had two phone technical interviews where I was asked to code the program through collabedit. Later I was invited for an onsite interview and they took 4 interviews with different coding challenges and conceptual questions. After one week, they told me that they are not hiring anyone for this position and it is terminated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Linked List-Insertion, traversing through it. Questions about data structures. Removing duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me in a 2 days. After chatting on the phone the recruiter said that there were no positions that fit my profile! However the next day they set up a phone screen with a Director. Phone screen focussed on intricate knowledge of JVM and threading as well as distributed systems.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews plus a day on-site. The on-site portion was a long day. Lost count of how many people interviewed me. Overall it went very well, but there was internal confusion on what the role actually was.

Interview Questions

• Where are network settings configured on a Red Hat Linux system.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

very intensive with every level of employee technical non technical question. Numerous people came to interview from exisitng people doing job to people from other group.Entire day with interview

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through Qualys' website, heard back from recruiting team the next day to schedule a call.

Received the call the next day. I was expecting it to be phone screening but was actually from director of engineering. Bombed the interfview, ended with director telling me 'I am not going to cut it.' I actually enjoyed how straight forward the process was, simple and brutal.

In my defense, they really caught me off guard with networking fundamental concept questions. So make sure you study for those other than the usual DS and algorithm stuff.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fine, but prepare to have your position decreased on-site.

[Structure of the Interview]
    Sign in at the door, office tour, and you interview with 1 team member at a time. However, at the end of the on-site, you go through an odd negotiation process. The Qualy's employee working seems nice, but will immediately drill you to see if you were let go from past positions, initial salary negotiation, and attempt to devalue your initial offer. It's really awkward seeing the Qualy's employee try.

Quote from the Qualy's employee: "at Qualys, we don't care about titles... that's why we would begin you as Graphic Designer."

To end an on-site interview with someone that decreases your value is just the most disrespectful thing a company could do. An immediate red flag. An automatic impression that you aren't respected – a doormat. You shouldn't feel stepped on during an interview. Every other tech company values their candidates DURING the interview and doesn't decrease it at the very end... so shocking!

[ Other red flags ]
    1. The design challenge didn't exist
    2. No software testing
    3. Questionable design direction and standards in general.

[ Takeaway ]
    In the end, I would be expected to do senior level work in design and be paid less, given a lower title and stepped on by the Qualy's organization. Essentially working my way up to something I originally applied for – just stop. I called back to decline the position when the Qualy's employer was about to proceed with an offer.

[ Advice to Qualys ]
    Immediately consider restructuring as a company or you'll continue this train of poor, autonomy driven, and dated new talent entering. Poor company structure is the sole reason that no young and driven people are approaching your company.

Interview Questions

• Which logo would you select?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I declined to move forward in large part because the interviewer was extremely combative and unprofessional. I inquired about what I perceived as a high degree of turnover for the specific role I was interviewing for. Even after we mutually agreed this was not a good fit for me, this recruiter had the nerve to phone me back and argue with me about how there was not high turnover for the job I was interviewing for. She even stated "I don't want people saying we have high turnover when we don't." Thank you for making the decision not to move forward an easy one by being so unprofessional with me in the phone interview! Glad we did not waste each other's time.

Interview Questions

• If you could write a job description for your dream job, what would it say?
      This is not a job where people get to manage lots of individuals. Everyone is an individual contributor, while that be a problem for you?
      Answer Question